Swansea City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Swansea City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Pullhard »

malcolmw wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:47 pm
Maybe we should have Adidas develop a range for us called TUES DAY PINK......
I think the kit man dropped a packet of Opal Fruits into the white strip wash
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

There were times I disagreed with Bielsa, there are times I think Farke gets it wrong, but he's getting there. We could be much closer to Leicester had we switched Geo and Piroe a lot earlier,...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Pullhard wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:36 pm Early goal(s) helped and Swansea very naive in first half.
It all seemed to gel and was a joy to watch …. A throwback to the Bielsa days with exciting football, intensity and everyone on the same page.
The subs were going 110% to make an impression
It does have a simlar feeling to how we had the afterburners on in the Bielsa promotion season only to be curtailed by the Covid enforced break.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:33 pm Firpo works harder than Messi
Messi is goated, running is beneath him :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:04 pm Messi is goated, running is beneath him :)
Great player, though not the GOAT ... top 10 maybe?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:06 pm Great player, though not the GOAT ... top 10 maybe?
E95vAcGVEAIdpY1.jpg
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:46 pm There always was past the first few weeks ....
What I meant was it's been intermittent due to injuries, players getting back to match fitness, etc. For example, we currently have Gnonto and James that are both health and in fine form (at least James was right before his injury). The addition of Roberts provides cover and competition for Archie that wasn't there before as Djed was injured for so long. Bamford finding his form again, etc.
In Farke we trust...
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:08 pm E95vAcGVEAIdpY1.jpg
Where's the real Ronaldo? 🤔
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

SG90 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:12 pm Where's the real Ronaldo? 🤔
Cristiano Ronaldo: the anti-Bremner

Self before side every time.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:08 pm E95vAcGVEAIdpY1.jpg
Definite handball ....
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

John in Louisiana wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:18 pm Cristiano Ronaldo: the anti-Bremner

Self before side every time.
I'd certainly have King Billy higher in any rankings than Messi ... top 5 for sure.
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

Madron wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:57 pm The naysayers seem to have disappeared from posting during matches recently. Wonder why
Because we’re looking strong. I’m enjoying this.

Where’s geronimo when you need him ( errr maybe not).
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

Barlow Boy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:46 pm He didn’t really have any sort of pre-season, had all the traitors on strike etc and managed to keep us in touch until we could start putting the foot down.

He’s done a fantastic job all round for me.
Totally agree
A Tourist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by A Tourist »

Lovely to see Gnonto double his tally on the season. Only so much you can tell by watching highlights on a game not broadcast in the U.S., but both finishes looked so clean.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

A Tourist wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:36 am Lovely to see Gnonto double his tally on the season. Only so much you can tell by watching highlights on a game not broadcast in the U.S., but both finishes looked so clean.
Missed an absolute sitter but then took his goals superbly. Loved his first, such an intelligent finish to put it where the keeper was least expecting it and not an easy finish.

I think as a team we miss the easier chances but take the harder ones.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Madron wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:57 pm The naysayers seem to have disappeared from posting during matches recently. Wonder why
Coz they don't know their feckin arse from their elbow ?

Just a thought :duno:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:00 pm Interesting point that the commentator made in the Saints match. Southampton have the best record, accross all 4 divisions, of scoring goals after the 90th minute. Two ways to look at that, 1 is that they keep going to the end and make things happen, the other is that their record this season is perhaps better than it should be and they can't keep on scraping points with late goals.
Bloody hell ain't that just true, i never heard that, but it's got me thinkin.

What is good, is BC have hopefully made other managers sit up and take a look how they bettered them, and where.

Be just grand if what Madrons been pointing out to us for the best part of the season comes to fruition.

1 game at a time DF, like he's pointed out - The table only matters after 46.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:04 pm Indeed. I made the point earlier that was it Bamford's presence that was the biggest factor in our good form or was it more to do with Firpo and Gruev emerging as first team starters at the same time. I do think that Ampadu spraying the ball from deep a few times has given us another dimension and in some ways almost given us an extra player as he is a midfielder and defender at the same time on the pitch. Firpo's contribution, not just with assists but his forward runs to create overlaps helps create space for others which can be crucial against park the bus tactics.

Not knocking Bamford and it is great he is in form but I felt people were writing Piroe off far too quickly.
I clearly remember you stating that about Firpo.

He's currently showing to be the better overlapper than Byram, but i feel it's yet to be seen at what cost defensively, i'm tending to lean towards Byram having a more cautious mind, attacking, but with having to get back as well in the back of his mind.
Firpo, being more of an open book of just bombing forward, although last night (and i put this down to DF) he was seen getting back faster, and wasn't as much of a loose cannon all over - Apprehension needed as Swansea were pretty shite, but that's not to knock Firpo.

To me Piroes not a patch on PB in the lone role yet, he's the better finisher yes (i wish PB would just belt the ball, like that Piroe goal)
Piroe seems to have slightly better close control, but experience and intelligent running are on PB's side.

On both accounts, this is the Championship don't forget, i'm not getting carried away on either front just yet, but there's stuff to like.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Finnatic wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:06 pm Very few teams will defend like Swansea, so I’ll reserve my judgment.
I just find him too pedestrian - he is the best finisher though 👍🏻
That's about reet ^ :tup:

;@)