Leeds Utd v Rotherham Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Rotherham Utd Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

ddapp wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:37 am Just wanted to say thanks for the welcome today. Enjoyed interacting during the match and thanks for making this Leeds supporter from Alabama feel welcome. Great day except Southampton came back and won.
Alabama huh, welcome.

I hope you're black, or at the very least, young and non racist, although old and non racist is even better.

What brings you to follow LUFC Dappy, btw are you ex pat or native Indian ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

ddapp wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:37 am Just wanted to say thanks for the welcome today. Enjoyed interacting during the match and thanks for making this Leeds supporter from Alabama feel welcome. Great day except Southampton came back and won.
Welcome.

I think you'll find they make Americans comfortable here (as I can attest), unless you say something stupid (as I can attest).

To be fair, though, say something stupid and you'll hear about it no matter where you're from.

Maybe we aim for a meetup in Nashville?
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:45 pm And I agree with Farke. If you put your penalty into the corner with pace then no matter what the keeper does it is going to be a goal. Take a good penalty and the keper has no chance. Whereas with a Panenka or various other ones it gives the keeper a chance. It all depends though on how good the penalty taker is at putting it right in the corner.
The BHA penalty yesterday was exactly how and where i put ALL mine.

I don't even like the thought of what Summerville did yesterday, it flies in the face of the manager if he has insisted how he wants them taken.

If i was a keeper these days i'd stand still until he strikes the ball, then dive if i have to. Watch all the next penalties you see on tv, i'll bet the keeper would've saved more doing this than not, because so many are struck shite these days and without conviction.

Coz we were 2-0 up yesterday when he scored, a part of me after seeing it, was wishing the keeper just stood still and caught it, and he then look a proper twat, and yes if that was done at 0-0 i'd be feckin livid.

If you cannot strike a ball firm and slightly off the ground from 12yds, static, you quite simply shouldn't be the one taking it.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Btw, i think Firpo would hit a good penalty myself.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:00 pm Welcome.

I think you'll find they make Americans comfortable here (as I can attest), unless you say something stupid (as I can attest).

To be fair, though, say something stupid and you'll hear about it no matter where you're from.

Ooo Ooo, last man standing Jil, we've a game Tuesday and i'm still in, i gotta go for Ipswich ???

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

And mind your p's and q's around 64, you wasn't to know this, but we're lucky to have here the oldest living LUFC fan in the world, that alias refers to his 40th when he took up bowls.

Respect, and he still moithers Mrs 64 most nights ;-)

:tup:

;@)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:00 pm Welcome.

You're American John? I just thought you had a friend called Louisiana!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:23 pm And mind your p's and q's around 64, you wasn't to know this, but we're lucky to have here the oldest living LUFC fan in the world, that alias refers to his 40th when he took up bowls.

Respect, and he still moithers Mrs 64 most nights ;-)

:tup:
Behave :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Hugill could have walked for his challenges on Rodon & Rutter.

A couple of poor challenges from Revan, one on Gnonto which should have resulted in a penalty, somehow the referee gave a goal-kick.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

What is it with Joseph who has committed a needless foul when coming on in his three sub appearances, it had Farke shaking his head, yesterday.

Two fouls from Cresswell agitated Farke too.

All three fouls put us under pressure in the last few minutes, with Meslier having to make his only two saves in the game, plus one ball scrambled away from a danger area.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:09 pm What is it with Joseph who has committed a needless foul when coming on in his three sub appearances, it had Farke shaking his head, yesterday.

All three fouls put us under pressure in the last few minutes, with Meslier having to make his only two saves in the game, plus one ball scrambled away from a danger area.
Tony Dorigo made the point about both on commentary. About the inexperience and naivety. Also suggesting that if Cresswell wnats to be first back up, he needs to avoid doing that.

Farke was talking to both after the whistle. And that was probably the subject.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

weasel wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:43 pm You're American John? I just thought you had a friend called Louisiana!
:lol: :lol:
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Watching Danny Mills’ son George running in the Wanamaker mile at the Millrose Games

Young man took third in an outstanding performance
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:13 pm Tony Dorigo made the point about both on commentary. About the inexperience and naivety. Also suggesting that if Cresswell wnats to be first back up, he needs to avoid doing that.

Farke was talking to both after the whistle. And that was probably the subject.
Farke's face was like thunder.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Anyone notice the Rotherham captain Morrison prior to taking a long throw, giving our fans the Leeds salute :shirtw:
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:00 pm Anyone notice the Rotherham captain Morrison prior to taking a long throw, giving our fans the Leeds salute :shirtw:
Yes, wasn’t sure if he was taking the piss or not 😁
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:58 pm Farke's face was like thunder.
More and more he shows what a great manager/coach he is. Really big on the details. I love how he talks to his players immediately after the game, while something is still fresh.

You can also look at how he's made people like Summerville a better all round player. His defensive work is way above what it was under Marsch. The whole team is schooled and organized a lot better now.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:09 pm What is it with Joseph who has committed a needless foul when coming on in his three sub appearances, it had Farke shaking his head, yesterday.

Often as a sub it takes a few minutes to get up to match speed as such easy to be late in a tackle. Or possibly so keen to impress that you just get a bit too enthusiastic to win the ball.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:00 pm Anyone notice the Rotherham captain Morrison prior to taking a long throw, giving our fans the Leeds salute :shirtw:
I think in commentary they said the Rotherham manager was a Leeds fan but maybe they said captain.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:11 pm Btw, i think Firpo would hit a good penalty myself.
Aye and follow through a kick the kicker as well.