Leeds Utd v Rotherham Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Rotherham Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:11 pm Looked to be a nasty incident in the KOP during the game, someone was led out being carried in a wheelchair.

Didn’t look good, hope the person is ok 🙏
Was that incident near you, Kev?

I didn't notice it, hope the fan is okay.

Good to see you again today mate.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:31 pm Leicester won 2-1 and were outshot 13-5
The foxes don't need many shots to win games.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:43 pm The three forward midfielders all outstanding today, couldn't really separate Geo/Cry and Willy who's daring Farke to put James back in when he's fit. The 4th member had a good game without being top quality, some mis-controls letting him down
Me :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:53 pm Wembley v Villa, Cardiff v Watford, Wembley v Doncaster. Got too many Leeds United memories like that!
I was at all three horrible performances.

Leeds fans turned up in their usual numbers, unfortunately our respective teams didn't.

I wouldn't expect Farke's team to roll over & die.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:17 pm Was that incident near you, Kev?

I didn't notice it, hope the fan is okay.

Good to see you again today mate.
Sort of in between where you are, and I am mate.

I noticed a few stewards heading in that direction, then one of the stewards ran back and returned with an ambulance guy carrying one of those oxygen things. After 10 minutes or so, a supporter was led out on a wheelchair.

As someone near me said, it takes some doing carrying someone in a wheelchair, particularly going backwards down some stairs.

Good to see you too pal 👍
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:43 pm Sort of in between where you are, and I am mate.

I noticed a few stewards heading in that direction, then one of the stewards ran back and returned with an ambulance guy carrying one of those oxygen things. After 10 minutes or so, a supporter was led out on a wheelchair.

As someone near me said, it takes some doing carrying someone in a wheelchair, particularly going backwards down some stairs.

Good to see you too pal 👍
I glad it wasn't me, I didn't feel great today.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

The passage of play when Firpo takes advantage of a Rotherham defender hesitant on the ball. I just had a look to see how the forum interpreted it. In the main - although not many comments - suggest that Summerville did not do well.

Personally I think it was good play be Firpo followed by indecision and an easy off load. Bamford was free centrally when he won that ball. For me having done all the initial hard work he took a bad touch and was unsure what to do until Summerville made his mind up for him.
ddapp
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by ddapp »

Just wanted to say thanks for the welcome today. Enjoyed interacting during the match and thanks for making this Leeds supporter from Alabama feel welcome. Great day except Southampton came back and won.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:26 pm Just mentioned on a previous post about Dan James. I don't think anyone walks back in. I think Farke likes to keep the same team and only make changes when there's an injury. And then the next player gets to keep his place until something else happens.
Couldn't agree more, Andrew--he seems to be all about merit and driving the players to drive themselves to be the best version of themselves and a squad. No resting on the proverbial laurels here :strong:
In Farke we trust...
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

In Farke we trust...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

ddapp wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:37 am Just wanted to say thanks for the welcome today. Enjoyed interacting during the match and thanks for making this Leeds supporter from Alabama feel welcome. Great day except Southampton came back and won.
Welvome to MOT ddapp :tup:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:45 am Couldn't agree more, Andrew--he seems to be all about merit and driving the players to drive themselves to be the best version of themselves and a squad. No resting on the proverbial laurels here :strong:
I think it has shown with Bamford, Gruev, Gnonto and Firpo to a lesser extent that you won't just be given minutes for free. You have to simply take your chance when/if you get it and basically make it impossible for the manager to drop you. If you sulk, don't give it your all in training, don't support the team etc you won't get a look in, as with Cresswell seemingly. You just have to look at the situation we have now where Struyjk and James might not get back into the starting line-up, where Piroe is sat on our bench despite having a decent goals return, where Byram likewise is on the bench despite being superb. I am sure it would be the same situation for Cresswell if say he came into the team and did really well that he would keep his place.

It shows up the character of the players. Are they real team players? Yes be disappointed for yourself but put that aside and give everything you have to encourage the starting XI and genuinely be part of the group. It isn't an easy thing to do for a manager as most players just want to play and it is very easy for a dressing room to become toxic.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

ddapp wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:37 am Just wanted to say thanks for the welcome today. Enjoyed interacting during the match and thanks for making this Leeds supporter from Alabama feel welcome. Great day except Southampton came back and won.
Welcome to the forum mate, enjoy 👍
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Just watching Quest highlights and how was Bamford's goal allowed to stand? :lol:
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

I imagine Gelhardt saying as he turns, "The bollocks on Jimmy." :lol:

Source: https://twitter.com/AKITB1972/status/17 ... 7103349986
Last edited by AcrossThePondAsh on Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Farke we trust...
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:29 pm I imagine Gelhardt saying as he turns, "The balls on Jimmy." :lol:

Source: https://twitter.com/AKITB1972/status/17 ... 7103349986
Wouldn't want him doing that at 0-0 94th min play off final mind 🙈
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

SG90 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:44 pm Wouldn't want him doing that at 0-0 94th min play off final mind 🙈
Imagine that's exactly what was going through Papa Farke's mind when asked about the panenka in the post match presser :lol:
In Farke we trust...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:52 pm Imagine that's exactly what was going through Papa Farke's mind when asked about the panenka in the post match presser :lol:
And I agree with Farke. If you put your penalty into the corner with pace then no matter what the keeper does it is going to be a goal. Take a good penalty and the keper has no chance. Whereas with a Panenka or various other ones it gives the keeper a chance. It all depends though on how good the penalty taker is at putting it right in the corner.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

It was at 2-0 in a game over scenario. He wouldn’t do that in 0-0 90th minute v Leicester. Looks a natural to me from the spot.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:45 pm And I agree with Farke. If you put your penalty into the corner with pace then no matter what the keeper does it is going to be a goal. Take a good penalty and the keper has no chance. Whereas with a Panenka or various other ones it gives the keeper a chance. It all depends though on how good the penalty taker is at putting it right in the corner.
Or you miss/hit the post .... and the keeper might get to it. Top corner is probably the only can't miss area but incredibly risky. I applaud the Paneka yesterday from Cry, that'll be in the mind of keepers going forward. Cry has added a third option for a keeper to think about. Right/left/stand your ground
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"