Bristol City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Bristol City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

whiteinfrance wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:15 am Cry should have lobbed the keeper earlier!
Much earlier, about three hours ago by the timing of your post.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Somerville does remind me of Rod Wallace when in full flow . Both good players .
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2024-02-03 08.44.08.png
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:02 pm Different class to the Cloggers FC but you can see a sucker punch coming.Jimmy should just bend it round the keeper. The lob is high tariff.
This^

It was feckin criminal Jimmy didn't just slide that in along the floor, Jeez i wish Jimmy could see the simple thing more often, he's a managers nightmare sometimes the greedy little fecker.

But still undroppable, have you all noticed he just can't buy a goal atm, good fortune ? luck ? ....Start of the season, everything he touched turned to gold, now he's lost the Midas touch.

It'll come back, but fck knows what it is ?

Like a golfer putting - sometimes they drop, sometimes they don't - Is it that fecker in the sky ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Madron wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:12 pm An in-form Willy could be a big plus for the rest of the seasonl
:tup: Most definitely, and like a new signing.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

SG90 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:16 pm Cause we should be two or three up based on the chances
Yip :tup: And feckin rightly so, a managers nightmare are our players at times, that was another 5-0 stuffing of a match where if Mes doesn't save that chance of theirs could've been 1-1 !!!! :shock: :oops:

FECKIN HELL !!! What more can a manager do ffs !!!

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Finnatic wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:20 pm Kamara and Gruev been good tonight in midfield.
:tup: Proper no nonsense player is Gruev, does what it says on the tin type.

He's not shy to just do the instant easy pass, feckin Jimmy could learn a lot from him.

;@)
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:03 pm

Source: https://twitter.com/LeedsUnited_MAD/sta ... eds-united
Yes I saw him do that at the time.
Good lad. Another immense performance from Joe.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:33 am :tup: Proper no nonsense player is Gruev, does what it says on the tin type.

He's not shy to just do the instant easy pass, feckin Jimmy could learn a lot from him.
Yes and he always wants to receive the ball even under pressure which shows how confident he is. He's turning out to be a very good signing.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:56 pm Good to see everyone happy for Gnonto
Also good to see Gnonto was happy, still some way to go to unseat DJ though i feel, and i really would be trying that switch with Jimmy at times, coz it will also throw a spanner in the works for the oppo's when that happens, this replay coming up would be ideal.

;@)
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Chilli D wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:40 am Yes and he always wants to receive the ball even under pressure which shows how confident he is. He's turning out to be a very good signing.
I mentioned something similar during the match, Chilli. Even with Bristol closing down so quickly when pressing, he was a perfect outlet for the back line. Very tidy and composed.
In Farke we trust...
Ben Scooby lufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ben Scooby lufc »

whiteinfrance wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:15 am Cry should have lobbed the keeper earlier!
Or he could have gone closer to the keeper and hit it either side. Shame this was a great opportunity to score! He was 25/1 to be top scorer in the championship he's now at 10/1
;-) Yeboah against Liverpool :!: :!: Crossbar and in. :love: :love:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I hope nobody underestimates the workrate of PB and Rutter last night, they were fcked at the end.

The whole team worked hard and there were absolutely no slackers, Jimmy was fecked anorl, but just coz PB wasn't really that noticeable in the game, i watched him, and he didn't half put himself about, and Rutter, Jesus, he was all over the shop, dropping deep and picking up balls everywhere.

You'll notice all that effort on your re run Sid, Kamara was fecked right towards the end, Gnonto was fecked after 65 (match fitness that) Gruev paced himself well i thought, but jeez the overall effort was a joy from all, guts and determination in that back line anorl with your hero again shining, and Ampadu bringing some intelligent reading of the game to cover and make timely interceptions.

Should've been 0-5 though, tut tut.

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:13 am but just coz PB wasn't really that noticeable in the game, i watched him, and he didn't half put himself about, and Rutter, Jesus, he was all over the shop, dropping deep and picking up balls everywhere.
Anyone who understands football can see what Paddy give us, his running & work rate is phenomenal, a nightmare No.9 for any CB, especially at this level.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I know you've had a slapped arse already OB, but i'll second that emotion.

I can't record stuff (can you Ron?) I have to wait for catch up on ITVx or wherever, so i purposely didn't read here till this morning and also had put Ireland/France on too, luckily it was half time on the tele when i read your post here and thought 'oh ffs someone's gonna put the score up' but then i carried on and saw your slapped arse from a couple.

Point being - I know you were bashing the Bishop re Ireland on top at h/t - But, and message to all - Post on the appropriate thread, coz i thought i'd avoid the Rugby thread coz the scores would obviously be on there.

I know you've had a slapped arse, but i wanted to stick my oar in anorl ;-)

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:19 am Anyone who understands football can see what Paddy give us, his running & work rate is phenomenal, a nightmare No.9 for any CB, especially at this level.
Like Bert had KP in his lone role and i honestly don't feel it does KP any favours at all in a 4-2-3-1.

PB is the same in his, and i struggle to see how it would help PB in a 4-4-2

Everyone should now know why LC KP and PB were vital in Berts best team :tup:

No need, and yes i know - I just can't help myself 8-)

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:19 am Anyone who understands football can see what Paddy give us, his running & work rate is phenomenal, a nightmare No.9 for any CB, especially at this level.
Sorry, but i'll have to remind you, you wanted Bert sacked.

;@)
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:26 am I know you've had a slapped arse already OB, but i'll second that emotion.

I can't record stuff (can you Ron?) I have to wait for catch up on ITVx or wherever, so i purposely didn't read here till this morning and also had put Ireland/France on too, luckily it was half time on the tele when i read your post here and thought 'oh ffs someone's gonna put the score up' but then i carried on and saw your slapped arse from a couple.

Point being - I know you were bashing the Bishop re Ireland on top at h/t - But, and message to all - Post on the appropriate thread, coz i thought i'd avoid the Rugby thread coz the scores would obviously be on there.

I know you've had a slapped arse, but i wanted to stick my oar in anorl ;-)
I can record on my BT box Ken..

Think OB has got the message.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:18 am This^

It was feckin criminal Jimmy didn't just slide that in along the floor, Jeez i wish Jimmy could see the simple thing more often, he's a managers nightmare sometimes the greedy little fecker.

But still undroppable, have you all noticed he just can't buy a goal atm, good fortune ? luck ? ....Start of the season, everything he touched turned to gold, now he's lost the Midas touch.

It'll come back, but fck knows what it is ?

Like a golfer putting - sometimes they drop, sometimes they don't - Is it that fecker in the sky ?
We simply have a lot of finishers that aren't clinical. Summerville more likely to beat 3 players and curl it in than tuck away a simple chance. Like mentioned for me the smart option was to keep going forward, edge a bit to his right (keeper's left) and simply pass it into the net.