Leeds Utd v Preston Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston Match Thread - My detailed report on PNE's spoiling tactics

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:38 pm Preston acquired 74 yellow cards this season.
Compared to what Sid ?

They're definitely a kicking side, sometimes you've got to get the best out of the shite you've got somehow/anyhow.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston Match Thread - My detailed report on PNE's spoiling tactics

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:28 am It certainly spoilt the game from a fan's perspective, James.

I didn't enjoy that game until it was over.

I've witnessed too many of these Sunday League games already this season. I'll be glad when we are out of this league.

How our players are still standing, god only knows?
That's it Leon.

The rough house stuff is tolerated more at this level. It's always gonna be the case that less talented players will resort to physicality to level the playing field.

I actually like a good, hard physical contest and as I said, I enjoyed that crunching tackle that Byram put in to set up a goal for us earlier in the season.

But there should be some parameter as to what's allowed and what isn't. When the ref showed an early yellow I had high hopes that he would protect our players, but he wasn't prepared to follow that with second yellows.

How our talented players like Gray, James, Rutter and Summerville have not picked up bad injuries is a miracle. Rodon has been battered from pillar to post, as he has pace and skill to bring the ball out.

You can see with the likes of Preston and plenty of others they are counting on the youth and inexperience of Rutter, Summerville, Gnonto and Gray to try and goad them into getting sent off.

It's typical rough house Millwall and Cardiff tactics from yesteryear, like Wimbledon used to use. As long as we're at this level it's gonna be like that, and these thug players know there's no VAR and that they'll be allowed to escape punishment while they're trashing the beautiful game.
Last edited by White Riot on Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:41 pm Compared to what Sid ?

They're definitely a kicking side, sometimes you've got to get the best out of the shite you've got somehow/anyhow.
League leaders on yellows. We are down the bottom. Not far off half Preston’s total.
Interesting that they only have 1 red. That suggests they’re good at it.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:50 pm League leaders on yellows. We are down the bottom. Not far off half Preston’s total.
Despicable cnuts Jay :evil:

It speaks volumes about their so called coach. Fella never shut up whining on the touchline

I'm so happy we beat those cheating twats :)
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:38 pm Preston acquired 74 yellow cards this season.
They'll amass a lot more as well, boring dirty side reliant on dishing out the muscle.
Got their commuppence yesterday for their luck at their gaff.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:54 pm Despicable cnuts Jay :evil:

It speaks volumes about their so called coach. Fella never shut up whining on the touchline

I'm so happy we beat those cheating twats :)
Indeed WR.
And if he’s going to lie (re the pen incident etc) then why didn’t he go a bit further. I would’ve. I love exaggerating.
He could say there were 26 Preston goals disallowed. 14 Leeds players should’ve been dismissed and the 747 that landed on the pitch was very off putting for Dai Cornell.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

A bit off piste, but it staggers me how many folk leave the ground before the end of the game. Yesterday, those same folks missed a fantastic end to the game and it wasn’t the first time.

I just don’t get it at all.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Barlow Boy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:04 pm A bit off piste, but it staggers me how many folk leave the ground before the end of the game. Yesterday, those same folks missed a fantastic end to the game and it wasn’t the first time.

I just don’t get it at all.
Don’t forget they get home 10 minutes earlier than you. They win the getting home first race

At the Ipswich game they were getting in my way when they were leaving. Then Ipswich got it back to 3-4. Idiots.
But yesterday that is totally bizarre to leave.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:09 pm Don’t forget they get home 10 minutes earlier than you. They win the getting home first race

At the Ipswich game they were getting in my way when they were leaving. Then Ipswich got it back to 3-4. Idiots.
But yesterday that is totally bizarre to leave.
There’s a few around me who do it every week. I appreciate traffic can be horrendous after the game, but, even so, they’re are missing out on so much happening it just doesn’t seem worth it to me.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:50 pm League leaders on yellows. We are down the bottom. Not far off half Preston’s total.
Yeah, tells you everything tha needs ta know.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:02 pm Indeed WR.
And if he’s going to lie (re the pen incident etc) then why didn’t he go a bit further. I would’ve. I love exaggerating.
He could say there were 26 Preston goals disallowed. 14 Leeds players should’ve been dismissed and the 747 that landed on the pitch was very off putting for Dai Cornell.
:lol:

Exaggeration is always a good thing Jay :tup:

I think Lee Johnson made the excuse when we beat Bristol City a few years back that the grass was too long at ER :lol:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:20 pm :lol:

Exaggeration is always a good thing Jay :tup:

I think Lee Johnson made the excuse when we beat Bristol City a few years back that the grass was too long at ER :lol:
My mum used to say “I’ve told you a million times not to exaggerate, you turd”. She loved the word turd. Bless her.

Did he actually say that :roflmao:
I hope he did.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Barlow Boy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:16 pm There’s a few around me who do it every week. I appreciate traffic can be horrendous after the game, but, even so, they’re are missing out on so much happening it just doesn’t seem worth it to me.
Most pointless thing ever. I think it’s definitely a British thing though.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

You will not see many red cards in this league for the physical approach. It is what it is. I do not feel PNE were dangerous just cynical. We will have plenty more games like this before seasons end - we showed good composure in the face of their tactics for the most part, not reacting is the key.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Post by John in Louisiana »

White Riot wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:17 am Well done Kenny 👍

I think visiting Baltimore in the AFC Championship game will be too much for KC. Baltimore are always known for having a ferocious defense and fanatical home support. They also have a star Quarterback in Lamar Jackson, who runs like a gazelle and is hard to contain.
Plus they raised a statue to a murderer outside their stadium, so visitors are on edge just walking in.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

John in Louisiana wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:55 pm Plus they raised a statue to a murderer outside their stadium, so visitors are on edge just walking in.
:lol:

I didn't know that John :shock:

Millwall will come out in sympathy and erect a statue of Harry Roberts, their role model and a great upstanding citizen of London 😂
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:49 pm You will not see many red cards in this league for the physical approach. It is what it is. I do not feel PNE were dangerous just cynical. We will have plenty more games like this before seasons end - we showed good composure in the face of their tactics for the most part, not reacting is the key.
Vinny Jones was a one man danger machine. Preston have to make up for their lack of finance somehow and that scouse manager sounds like just the man to bring the worst out of them.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Archie shoulder barge was dangerous. If he goes over the boards he’s going to get hurt. Then the tosser is still gobbing off afterwards. Should’ve been a red.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

White Riot wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:16 pm :lol:

I didn't know that John :shock:

Millwall will come out in sympathy and erect a statue of Harry Roberts, their role model and a great upstanding citizen of London 😂
Their former player Ray Lewis was involved in the murder of two men outside a nightclub in Atlanta while Lewis was still a player. He and a group of his friends surrounded two men with whom they had had an altercation inside the club and stabbed them to death. A witness, who later recanted, said Lewis wielded the knife. Lewis maintained he did not, but refused to talk with the police about who had, and none of his friends who were there cooperated with police, either. They hung an obstruction of justice charge on Lewis and let him off with time served while awaiting trial.

Lewis and his friends fled the scene of the murders and somehow neither the murder weapon nor the clothes Lewis was wearing were ever found, and, of course, nobody in Lewis' group can recall what happened to them.

Because Lewis was such a great player, and still in the middle of his career, the team and the league set about the business of rehabilitating his image and were pretty successful in doing so. They raised a statue to him outside the stadium and parade him in front of the fans at the start of every game like he's some sort of hero. I'm disgusted by it all.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:23 am A crucial decision from Farke.

Thank god he call it right.

That's good footage