Peterborough v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Farke makes 6 changes to face The Posh

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Peterborough v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Farke makes 6 changes to face The Posh

Post by John in Louisiana »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:53 pm So who do we have away in the next round? I'll go for Maidstone
Wrexham!
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Peterborough v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Farke makes 6 changes to face The Posh

Post by White Riot »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:38 pm The last time Bamford was able to play week in and week out he was the fourth-leading scorer in the EPL.
Availablity is a great attribute John :)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:50 pm Farke doesn't believe in resting players does he?
Only when they're injured or he doesn't fancy them.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

3 saves and another clean sheet for Klaesson. Be good for someone to explain why Mes should just waltz straight back in.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Easy win. Amps MOTM
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Happy with that and through to the next round, Geo and Jimmy get a much needed rest. :) Hopefully it won't be 15 in a row, but it most likely will.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I only saw the second half but a thoroughly professional performance and a banana skin avoided for once.
And what a goal from Paddy, I doubt that will bettered in the FA Cup all season
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Made it look easy

Good job.

Expected more from Peterborough tbh.

Managed it well.

Wonder strike by his Lordship and lead the line well

Gray and Gruev controlled the midfield well.

Ampadu took both goals well and Firpo and Shacks defended well.

Pleased.

And fair play from DF not doing a Jesse Marsch and chucking a key player on when the games won and getting them injured.

No Rutter and Summerville was good to see.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Tomorrow we can find out who we travel to in the next round
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Hopefully Shacks doesn't get injured again after that
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Outstanding performance with no Summerville, Rutter, Struijk, James (nearly), or Kamara (nearly).

Ampadu and Paddy brilliant. Was going to give Paddy MOTM until Amps got his second goal.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:57 pm 3 saves and another clean sheet for Klaesson. Be good for someone to explain why Mes should just waltz straight back in.
He shouldn't.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Credit to Farke for picking a strong side, rather than making 11 changes and looking disjointed, and still managing to rest two key players
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:08 pm Credit to Farke for picking a strong side, rather than making 11 changes and looking disjointed, and still managing to rest two key players
I'd say 4 key players
Summerville, James, Rutter & Kamara
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

White Riot wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:30 pm It will be tough on Klaesson if Meslier walks right back into the team, but fully expect that happening.
Klaesson has done well when he's filled in. But no way he's keeping Meslier out. He's probably only had to make about 4 or 5 saves in the 3 appearances he's made. A couple of good ones. But he hasn't really had a lot to do. He's still got a ways to go in terms of experience. I've seen quite a bit of him playing for the U21's. Just last season he was looking very unconvincing. He still got a long way to go before you can even talk about him challenging Meslier.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:04 pm One of my favourite movies, it's just this one is seldom on TV....

Noel Cowards - This Happy Breed, absolute kitchen sink classic and wonderfully evocative of the time. Celia Johnson is one of our greatest actresses, John Mills, Stanley Holloway, Kay Walsh and Robert Newton. Great cast
Old school.

I am not a fan of old Black and white films in truth, I find most of them melodramatic. Generally they represent social values of their time. I appreciate there are some greats but not my cup of tea and I never heard of this one.

I knew you would be left field and unlikely to say Ted 😂😂😂
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Good win and no real worries during the game. A few people were a bit concerned about the team with all the changes in it. Wasn't the mess some thought it might be or did it turn into a banana skin like has happened in the past.
Good day at the office, Shirley we get a home draw in the next round :o
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:10 pm Klaesson has done well when he's filled in. But no way he's keeping Meslier out. He's probably only had to make about 4 or 5 saves in the 3 appearances he's made. A couple of good ones. But he hasn't really had a lot to do. He's still got a ways to go in terms of experience. I've seen quite a bit of him playing for the U21's. Just last season he was looking very unconvincing. He still got a long way to go before you can even talk about him challenging Meslier.
Don’t start that talking sense nonsense.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Whoever we draw tomorrow, our home game with Norwich on the 27th January will now be off.

It’s fourth round cup weekend.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Greuv very good too ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"