Leeds Utd v Birmingham City Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Birmingham City Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Sean_Nile wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:41 am NOGGIN + BONCE = NONCE
Watched it this morning :tup:
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:36 am Too many double entendres
Yeah, made that more difficult than it needed to be :P

Just feel that Gnonto is useful as a spot starter at either wing as well as at the no 10. But if a big transfer fee comes in that helps strengthen the squad…well, will be hard to turn down the opportunity.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

JoeDenver wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:43 pm Yeah, made that more difficult than it needed to be :P

Just feel that Gnonto is useful as a spot starter at either wing as well as at the no 10. But if a big transfer fee comes in that helps strengthen the squad…well, will be hard to turn down the opportunity.
? Sorry - what is one of those?

I know he's not had many minutes to strut his stuff but he's not looking at all like the bright spark that he was when he first arrived. Whilst there are complaints about DF making unchanged team selections I really don't feel that Gnonto, this season, has shown enough to earn a place in the first 11. Indeed he's the best we've got on the bench but far from being any kind of game changer. At the moment
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

starting the year in style
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:21 pm Dan is an automatic starter for me, considerably more effective than any of our bench players.
He is hard to drop but I still think Gnonto would get his game back on track with a run of games. I cannot see it happening as James does deserve to start, regardless of the goals and assists he works his socks off. However, I think Gnonto is a better option against a low disciplined block - if he get his form back. The run towards the box stifled by a back handler against YamYam shows how dangerous he can be.

I for one think selling him this window would be a mistake, but they may want/need the funds if there is a buyer to invest elsewhere.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:18 pm He is hard to drop but I still think Gnonto would get his game back on track with a run of games. I cannot see it happening as James does deserve to start, regardless of the goals and assists he works his socks off. However, I think Gnonto is a better option against a low disciplined block - if he get his form back. The run towards the box stifled by a back handler against YamYam shows how dangerous he can be.

I for one think selling him this window would be a mistake, but they may want/need the funds if there is a buyer to invest elsewhere.
Who
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:21 pmWho
YamYam - Brummie word. No idea what it means tbh.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Gives a description on Google.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:22 pm YamYam - Brummie word. No idea what it means tbh.
I’m struggling with the whole sentence tbh
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Did you miss Gnonto’s scything run when he was fouled on the edge of the box by a back hander to his face ?
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Tbh I think he went down looking for the penalty. But it was just outside.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:28 pm Did you miss Gnonto’s scything run when he was fouled on the edge of the box by a back hander to his face ?
No. I missed the game unfortunately and that wasn’t included in the highlights. Makes sense now though. Great run but whacked in the chops by a yam yam. Got it 👍🏼
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:22 pm YamYam - Brummie word. No idea what it means tbh.
Yam yam means you are in the black country.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:46 pm Yam yam means you are in the black country.
Emigrated out of there to the East Midlands 20+ years ago but still have by Black country accent. I can't hear it but it is amazing how often, over the years, I get asked which part of Birmingham I am from, especially when I am abroad. Home was in Walsall however just for clarification! :)
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

PhoenixUnited wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:05 am Emigrated out of there to the East Midlands 20+ years ago but still have by Black country accent. I can't hear it but it is amazing how often, over the years, I get asked which part of Birmingham I am from, especially when I am abroad. Home was in Walsall however just for clarification! :)
Walsall is better than birmingham :tup:
I get asked what part of barnsley I'm from , :evil: and I'm from west yorkshire originally, apparently I have a broad accent, travelled extensively, I've still kept my accent and proud of it.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

I’ve looked it up .

Back Handler by YamYam is this season’s new perfume.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
hector

Post by hector »

PhoenixUnited wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:05 am Emigrated out of there to the East Midlands 20+ years ago but still have by Black country accent. I can't hear it but it is amazing how often, over the years, I get asked which part of Birmingham I am from, especially when I am abroad. Home was in Walsall however just for clarification! :)
So are you a yam yam or a yo yo
hector

Post by hector »

And...... which part of Leicester are yiu living??

Mrs H is Leicester born and bred until I turned up and took her away from the place....
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:15 pm I don't know what we have with Bamford now. I hope he is back to his best but I just don't know. Thankfully because we have other strikers and they have been doing well it has hopefully meant Bamford has been given enough time to well and truely be over his injuries and past the stage where you injure a different part of your body as you are overprotecting the part you had injured previously.

The goal will hopefully give him confidence and we will see what the best version of Bamford is capable of. It will be great if he can be a useful weapon for us as it does allow us to play differently and it may be a way of helping us break down defences if he can occupy defenders and give more room to the likes of Cree, Rutter and James.
If PB can stay fit till the end of the season, he could be the difference in promotion or not, coz if it enables DF to play that definite 4-2-3-1 we'll be there, it obviously depends on luck with the others anorl, but PB will be key.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

hector wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:02 pm So are you a yam yam or a yo yo
I'm not sure there is a distinction so I can't really say. Mine is not a broad Brummy accent but it does get regularly get picked up by others and the question is asked.

There is a Black Country dialect and vocabulary as opposed to just being a different accent. 'Yam yam' is the generic sound when saying certain phrases. 'You are' is pronounced yo'am and 'are you' is pronounced 'am ya' so "You're from Walsall are you?" comes out as "Yo'am from Woorsle am ya?".

Often gives people an opportunity to extract the urine. Could be worse. Glad it's not a Scouse accent! :lol:
Keep The Faith MOT WAL