Preston North End v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Preston North End v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Cjay »

JoeDenver wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:14 pm I’d be asking Potter in depth questions on his ideas surrounding how to defeat a low block…

And for those concerned about chemistry if there were a change at the top? I think the chemistry of the squad is already in jeopardy. Farke throwing his players under the bus today, and the continued inconsistent results…players are going to start having doubts. And think about what the players being consistently left out might be saying…

At a minimum, Farke is in serious danger of getting his authority undermined. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a high-level consultant brought in to offer expertise in how to “tackle” the low block.
It's a concern when managers start blaming players imo.

Gray today, he's blamed the attack as well today and in previous games.

That isn't to say Meslier didn't massively hinder us today which isn't the managers fault, but the game was already in a well trodden pattern for us anyway

Good managers blame themselves in public most of the time, Ferguson rarely ever called out the players (Bielsa the same should be said)

Bad ones look for excuses rather than taking responsibility, Farke has never once held his hands up and said "yep I got this wrong it's on me etc". He's actually got an arrogance about him in that respect which is odd given his record.

Potter wouldn't take the job and not calling for Farke to be sacked but when a pattern develops like it has for us it's a worry imo.

Throwing money at it requires faith in the manager? Does Farke have that? Who knows.

But id be surprised if tense conversations aren't happening in San Francisco because a 2nd Championship season isn't part of the plan no matter what they say in public.

Investors want returns.

And the 49ers are big on analysis and they will know forget Ipswich and Leicester, this record isnt good enough for top 2 in a normal season.
Last edited by Cjay on Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:32 pm According to the dictionary it’s when you have a donkey in the car and you decide to stop and remove it. So in essence you are “dumping an ass” or “dump ass”.
Funnily enough it’s exactly what I’d do with Meslier.
Take him 100 miles in to the woods and “dump an ass”.
For f**k sake please so of you smell the f**king coffee and have some sense.. when are you going to realise that we need to be a premier league Clun with ambition and stop f**king around happy f**king clapping when we beat Ipswich and Leicester but can't beat average teams f**k you all you sad bastards.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

I was getting a bit fed up with James and his “end product”. I had a typical Xmas end product today. Or Yuletide log. Call it what you will.
Anyway I was getting fed up but full marks for his cheaty penalty & also that fk near the touch line that was well cheaty. A man of almost hidden talents.
Last edited by Jaydog on Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

JoeDenver wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:31 pm We have a target on us, no doubt. But I think there is also inherent bias from the officials against us, who, expecting us to be an elite team, don’t have as much latitude for our fouls. Hope that makes some sense.
The opposition are getting away with murder, Joe.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Cjay wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:34 pm It's a concern when managers start blaming players imo.

Gray today, he's blamed the attack as well today and in previous games.

That isn't to say Meslier didn't massively hinder us today which isn't the managers fault, but the game was already in a well trodden pattern for us anyway

Good managers blame themselves in public most of the time, Ferguson rarely ever called out the players (Bielsa the same should be said)

Bad ones look for excuses rather than taking responsibility, Farke has never once held his hands up and said "yep I got this wrong it's on me etc". He's actually got an arrogance about him in that respect which is odd given his record.

Potter wouldn't take the job and not calling for Farke to be sacked but when a pattern develops like it has for us it's a worry imo.

Throwing money at it requires faith in the manager? Does Farke have that? Who knows.

But id be surprised if tense conversations aren't happening in San Francisco because a 2nd Championship season isn't part of the plan no matter what they say in public.

Investors want returns.
I literally removed this from my comment before posting. Touché!
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

1964white wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:37 pm The opposition are getting away with murder, Joe.
The opposition getting away with murder FWT seriously you think we are getting a bump deal for f**k sake what you want piroe rutter summerville James etc.. wrapped up in cotton wool.f**king wake up
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:00 pm What a clown Meslier is. Push him in the arm but not the face. Don’t touch the face. Clown.
I’d be using Darlow for a while now and teach the clown a lesson. Beyond an idiot.
Once the hand goes to face, Meslier was gone, stupid boy.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:41 pm Unfortunately some are happy with us constantly throwing away points. :(
God knows why, hate it when we lose, especially in the similar circumstances we've witnessed every time we've lost. Once again, we deserved what we deserved.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

It is a desperate suggestion to blame the officiating. I thought the ref did well today. They were physical but these are battles a team needs to win.
Their second goal was due to our change of formation. Archie was exposed, because he didn’t have James helping out. We can blame Gnonto for not helping out but we do not know what instructions he was given when he came on. Take nothing away from the finish.

Swapping Archie and Spence may and may not have been the answer. With Byram potentially back for the next game I would be very surprised if that is not a natural selection in terms of Spence moving to his natural position.

For a 17 year old he has played a hell of a lot of minutes and looked leggy from the off. Millar is fresh as a daisy with a point to prove.

We need a run of wins again to get back into the mix. It is what it is - I am not a happy clapper I have no expectation that we will win every game.

Therefore when we lose I don’t have a tantrum.

Mes - stupid reaction but he will learn from it.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:39 pm Once the hand goes to face, Meslier was gone, stupid boy.
He overreacted to the first player who barely touched him. Can’t stand that head thing. Does my head in tbh.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:51 pm It is a desperate suggestion to blame the officiating. I thought the ref did well today. They were physical but these are battles a team needs to win.
Their second goal was due to our change of formation. Archie was exposed, because he didn’t have James helping out. We can blame Gnonto for not helping out but we do not know what instructions he was given when he came on. Take nothing away from the finish.

Swapping Archie and Spence may and may not have been the answer. With Byram potentially back for the next game I would be very surprised if that is not a natural selection in terms of Spence moving to his natural position.

For a 17 year old he has played a hell of a lot of minutes and looked leggy from the off. Millar is fresh as a daisy with a point to prove.

We need a run of wins again to get back into the mix. It is what it is - I am not a happy clapper I have no expectation that we will win every game.

Therefore when we lose I don’t have a tantrum.

Mes - stupid reaction but he will learn from it.
I thought for the large part the ref did ok. The sending off was a very simple decision handed to him on a platter. Did he card the other bloke who pushed him?

I’m not so forgiving of Mes though. I’d probably get a massive glove and endlessly smash him in the face with it. Then he’ll learn.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:51 pmWe can blame Gnonto for not helping out but we do not know what instructions he was given when he came on.
I said after the equaliser, a point would be good as we didn't play well. Trying to win it than protect the point, was very naive from Farke. We'd have still been 6 behind top 2 with a better GD.
Johnthewhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnthewhite »

Scoobychief wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:35 pm For f**k sake please so of you smell the f**king coffee and have some sense.. when are you going to realise that we need to be a premier league Clun with ambition and stop f**king around happy f**king clapping when we beat Ipswich and Leicester but can't beat average teams f**k you all you sad bastards.
Steady on :)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

SG90 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:55 pm I said after the equaliser, a point would be good as we didn't play well. Trying to win it than protect the point, was very naive from Farke. We'd have still been 6 behind top 2 with a better GD.
Farke seemed to be telling them to calm down at one point after Gnonto came on. That seemed to suggest he didn’t want all out attack.
I liked the ambition of going for the win but it was the Millar issue that cost us. Farke did nothing about that as far as I could tell. Mind you he may have troubled any RB in the league today.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:02 pm Farke seemed to be telling them to calm down at one point after Gnonto came on. That seemed to suggest he didn’t want all out attack.
I liked the ambition of going for the win but it was the Millar issue that cost us. Farke did nothing about that as far as I could tell. Mind you he may have troubled any RB in the league today.
Saw two occasions in the first half, where he turned inside and shot. You just knew the next one would go in. :( But nothing was done to address it either.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Johnthewhite wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:59 pm Steady on :)
I got angry yesterday so I went out and stuck my head in the water feature. Sorted me right out.
It’s my new policy from now on.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:55 pm I thought for the large part the ref did ok. The sending off was a very simple decision handed to him on a platter. Did he card the other bloke who pushed him?

I’m not so forgiving of Mes though. I’d probably get a massive glove and endlessly smash him in the face with it. Then he’ll learn.
Aye it was naive, first time I can recall that he has put himself about.
If he does it again then I would jump on the defecation donkey bandwagon.
Ben Scooby lufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ben Scooby lufc »

I still think our current management should not be judged until the end of the season. Just a few days ago we totally smashed Ipswich a new backside, they were winning most their matches and were no match for us. Our team on a good days have beaten the very best opposition in this league and the quite comfortably. I'm convinced that we have the best starting 11. Remember we had 10 men for half of the match. We do seem to struggle against more physical sides so this does need addressing A.S.A.P like the Coventry game, Summerville and Rutter being smothered means we need another plan! Perhaps Dan Farke will sort this out soon.
Keep the faith M.O.T :soccer: :soccer: :soccer:
;-) Yeboah against Liverpool :!: :!: Crossbar and in. :love: :love:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:42 pm Okay, so all you wouid be managers on here....what would you have done. Go on, tell me.
Byram on for Gray at half-time.

Apart from Sam, the rest are not effective enough to change the game.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

SG90 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:04 pm Saw two occasions in the first half, where he turned inside and shot. You just knew the next one would go in. :( But nothing was done to address it either.
In fairness to Archie no one else spotted the danger for their second. It was odds on he’d go by him and there was no one covering that eventuality.