Leeds vs Ipswich player ratings

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds vs Ipswich player ratings

Post by 1964white »

malcolmw wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:44 am Agree 64. His runs at pace disrupt most defenses. Yes he can blunder the final touch wide a few times, but he is a real thorn for many defenders with his Fox Terrier approach.
I feel the team is now working as a unit, each contributing their own piece. James sprinting at defenders is sometimes opening up space for Georgie's creativity, both of which often give Summerville gaps to show his class.

The same is happening in defence, with understanding among the back 4.
We are starting to look far more composed under pressure.
James defensive work is also top drawer, an aspect of Dan & Cre's game that has improved under Farke's management.

I'll defend Dan all day long this season, he's been brilliant under Farke.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Madron wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am I'm with Joe . thought DJ was very poor and wasteful (as is his wont).
Hope Willy starts against Preston. A far more natural footballer for me.
How can you say that?

James
7 goals
4 assists
39% goal conversion
57% shot accuracy

Gnonto
1 goal
1 assist
9% goal conversion
36% shot accuracy

James has pace to burn & is prepared to go forward, plus his defensive work is top drawer.

Gnonto is neat & tidy but, tends to go sideways & backwards & has produced nothing special in the last three months.
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:47 am How can you say that?

James
7 goals
4 assists
39% goal conversion
57% shot accuracy

Gnonto
1 goal
1 assist
9% goal conversion
36% shot accuracy

James has pace to burn & is prepared to go forward, plus his defensive work is top drawer.

Gnonto is neat & tidy but, tends to go sideways & backwards & has produced nothing special in the last three months.

Don't you go throwing in facts and figures to confuse the situation :roll: :roll: :P :) :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:50 am Don't you go throwing in facts and figures to confuse the situation :roll: :roll: :P :) :)
When I throw facts around, they are correct, my dear Hector.

Some of the football sites have no idea.

I'm hearing Whoscored.com, didn't have one Leeds player in their Team of the Week :shock: do these people actually watch games?

Unbelievable!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

James
7 goals
4 assists
39% goal conversion
57% shot accuracy

Gnonto
1 goal
1 assist
9% goal conversion
36% shot accuracy

I see you've left off the playing time stats, of course James will have better stats, he's on the pitch when we're playing for something. I'm Gnonto's biggest fan here and he is a better footballer but he doesn't start for me atm. Defenders can't cover Summerville/Geo and double team James so they tend to let James go a bit as the lesser of three evils... And his pace does the rest
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

James
7 goals
4 assists
39% goal conversion
57% shot accuracy

Gnonto
1 goal
1 assist
9% goal conversion
36% shot accuracy

I see you've left off the playing time stats, of course James will have better stats, he's on the pitch when we're playing for something. I'm Gnonto's biggest fan here and he is a better footballer but he doesn't start for me atm. Defenders can't cover Summerville/Geo and double team James so they tend to let James go a bit as the lesser of three evils... And his pace does the rest
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:38 am I see you've left off the playing time stats, of course James will have better stats, he's on the pitch when we're playing for something. I'm Gnonto's biggest fan here and he is a better footballer but he doesn't start for me atm. Defenders can't cover Summerville/Geo and double team James so they tend to let James go a bit as the lesser of three evils... And his pace does the rest
Gnonto's goals per 90 minutes is 0.13. James is 0.40.

Right now, I don't think there is much between them as who is a better footballer. James is more effective.

Had Gnonto concentrated on his LUFC career more seriously at the beginning of the season, he may not be playing second fiddle to Dan, he allowed James to step up & James took his opportunity brilliantly.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Made several poor mistakes in first half on saturday.

When put through after some nice work at the back, he broke into the box and put a poor shot high and wide.

Next he broke through the middle into the penalty box , dawdled, ( does it a lot) and allowed the defender (behind him) to easily take the ball off him., with Rutter free to his right.

In the last play of the first half on the edge of the penalty and under no pressure he played a poor pass that went straight out of play.

I don't care what work he does defensively, if he can't perform his obligations as an attacking force.
Its not like this profligacy is anything new, its been with him all the time @ Leeds and it is so infuriating.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:53 am Gnonto's goals per 90 minutes is 0.13. James is 0.40.

Right now, I don't think there is much between them as who is a better footballer. James is more effective.

Had Gnonto concentrated on his LUFC career more seriously at the beginning of the season, he may not be playing second fiddle to Dan, he allowed James to step up & James took his opportunity brilliantly.
Again, not a comparison of stats you can draw, not enough playing time for Wilfrid to draw any conclusions... Stats are just plain wrong in this instance because the playing time stat is so skewed.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Madron wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:04 am Made several poor mistakes in first half on saturday.

When put through after some nice work at the back, he broke into the box and put a poor shot high and wide.

Next he broke through the middle into the penalty box , dawdled, ( does it a lot) and allowed the defender (behind him) to easily take the ball off him., with Rutter free to his right.

In the last play of the first half on the edge of the penalty and under no pressure he played a poor pass that went straight out of play.

I don't care what work he does defensively, if he can't perform his obligations as an attacking force.
Its not like this profligacy is anything new, its been with him all the time @ Leeds and it is so infuriating.
But, James has performed well as an attacking force all season.

Should we have dropped Rutter, as he has missed more glaring chances than James, this season?

I'm not saying I would drop Georginio, just asking the question?

Be careful what you ask for! Farke started Gnonto, Anthony & Gruev at Stoke & all three were average at best. Resting Summerville & James killed us as all the pace was taken out of our team.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:17 am Again, not a comparison of stats you can draw, not enough playing time for Wilfrid to draw any conclusions... Stats are just plain wrong in this instance because the playing time stat is so skewed.
Sorry, I've seen nothing special from Gnonto to suggest he is going to better one of our regular front four.

If Willy starts, I hope he proves me wrong, right now I'm unconvinced.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:39 pm Sorry, I've seen nothing special from Gnonto to suggest he is going to better one of our regular front four.

If Willy starts, I hope he proves me wrong, right now I'm unconvinced.
Top class left winger, his ceiling and quality a level above James for me. Again I must make it clear, I’m not saying he starts atm….But he’s a quality replacement who’d likely hold on to a starting position once he gets a run
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Dan James has played a vital role at times this season.

Some goals and assists and his workmate is class.

But imo he was poor vs Ipswich despite the Ipswich setup seemingly being ideal for him.

Personally I think Gnonto would be better vs park the bus teams as without space to run into DJ is pretty useless whereas Gnonto has a trick or two.

Also in Gnonto's defence usually when Farke brings him on he plays him right wing, Gnonto isn't a winger.

eb4058219d80f9957ed8fa12b3921208.gif
eb4058219d80f9957ed8fa12b3921208.gif (2.86 MiB) Viewed 538 times
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:35 pm Also in Gnonto's defence usually when Farke brings him on he plays him right wing, Gnonto isn't a winger.
No, he's not a winger, plays down the middle for Italy, Gnonto would be much more effective in that position.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

6.00 Meslier - Nothing to do, distribution poor.

8.5 Gray - Old head on young shoulders, a stylish performance.

8.0 Spence - Best game in a Leeds shirt.

9.0 Rodon - Pace, anticipation & awareness, the attributes of a top defender.

8.5 Struijk - Another polished display & led us off to a flying start.

8.5 Ampadu - Screened our defence, always picking up the pieces.

7.0 Kamara - Some nice turns & slick passing.

7.5 James - Lots of endeavour & contributed to one of our goals

9.0 Summerville - A constant live-wire, involved in three of our goals.

8.0 Piroe - Much improved on his last three outings, lovely goal & how the shot that hit the bar stayed out I don't know.

9.0 Rutter - Back to being a joy to watch, absolutely brilliant whenever he was on the ball. My MOTM, just ahead of Rodon.

Subs :
6.0 Gnonto
6.0 Gruve
6.0 Firpo
6.0 Joseph
5.0 Bamford
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:56 pm A bit unfair on Dan's display, Joe.

Played a big part in setting up one of our goals with his turn & pass to Rutter, who progressed the ball to Summerville.

Some decent runs, passes & crosses.

Admittedly, James was wasteful on three occasions, but I love his endeavour & enthusiasm.

James starts ahead of Gnonto, imo!
Agree I probably was. I did see the “hockey assist” on the one goal and I concede his ability to get stuck in on defense. Still think Willy creates as much space, if not more. Just wish James wouldn’t be so wasteful. He can blow so hot and cold in front of goal…maddening :)

One idea that’s been floated on in the YouTube circuit is James staying on and Willy replacing Piroe in the 10 spot. Thought Piroe played pretty well last game, but if he’s going to be a ghost like in the previous matches, I could get behind that.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
1964white

Post by 1964white »

JoeDenver wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:51 pm Agree I probably was. I did see the “hockey assist” on the one goal and I concede his ability to get stuck in on defense. Still think Willy creates as much space, if not more. Just wish James wouldn’t be so wasteful. He can blow so hot and cold in front of goal…maddening :)

One idea that’s been floated on in the YouTube circuit is James staying on and Willy replacing Piroe in the 10 spot. Thought Piroe played pretty well last game, but if he’s going to be a ghost like in the previous matches, I could get behind that.
Big improvement from Piroe, after his previous three performances, Joe.