Leeds Utd v Coventry City Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Coventry City Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:03 pm That'll be me then :)

We're gonna piss it 8-)
Stop main lining rakia
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

We go into the Ipswich game having taken one point from six available - not great.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:11 pm Piroe is a finisher out of position.
Yup. People will be wanting him replaced with Bamfraud next :roll:
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I do confess, I look forward to the day when we are not bringing Bamford on as the first attacking option. There are very few goals on that bench and people are always crying out for substitutions.

We are short of better options, despite having Ronaldo on the bench. Well we need to beat Ipswich, that goes without saying and hopefully pick up some players in January window which Farke can rely upon to deliver more consistency.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:05 pm A big chunk of the 1.47 must be James. Thought that was deflected though at the time
I think he connected with the defenders boot and ball
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:18 pm I think he connected with the defenders boot and ball
Yes. But the defender really celebrated it suggesting a block but ah well. You need Summerville on the end of it really. Super cool in those scenarios
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:20 pm Yes. But the defender really celebrated it suggesting a block but ah well. You need Summerville on the end of it really. Super cool in those scenarios
He did enough to stop James getting a proper connection. So he did defend it pretty well.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:21 pm He did enough to stop James getting a proper connection. So he did defend it pretty well.
It is often the case that the best chances fall to the wrong players. James works tirelessly but he still frustrates me every game. Whilst he has made some important goal contributions this season he is so wasteful at times and it is that inconsistency which has blighted his career, in terms of being a top premiership player.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Bringing Bamford on and Gelhardt to some degree is a complete waste of time !
Last edited by Tyzy on Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morris474
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by morris474 »

Is me or is it groundhog day ? Piroe and Rutter clearly are going through a lean spell and frankly although I like both, Cant hit a barn door with a shovel at the moment.
And yet they both get picked continuously . The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Farke brings on Gelhardt with a full five minutes to go.! Plenty of time to make a difference there then, not.
same old leeds problem developing. cant convert Possession into goals. And I know this will sound a bit radical to our coaching staff but why not try something different. Get Gnonto on with Gelhardt Greenwood. lets face it they cant do any worse at the moment.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Our number one go to sub for a goal hasn't scored in 8 months and has missed two penalties in that time. Great logic :roll:

Gnonto needs more than 10 mins, as his value is plummeting with every game.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

I bet Piroe wouldn't have scored so many goals for Swansea if he'd been playing centre half :evil:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:07 pm You only needed to see Norwich's record without Buendia
Exactly and the fact we don't have his type of player sticks out like a sore thumb.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:58 pm Meanwhile Geronimo the horse wins again at 14/1.
After being banned for life on here he did the next best thing. Turned in to a horse.
I was at Donny races today and quite fancied that horse but couldn't bring myself to back it because of the name, then the fecker pops in at 14/1. He is still pissing me off! 🤣
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Prisoner37 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:27 pm I was at Donny races today and quite fancied that horse but couldn't bring myself to back it because of the name, then the fecker pops in at 14/1. He is still pissing me off! 🤣
Should have backed it FELLA! :lol:
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Outside lord farquaads starting 11 including gononto there isn't much quality on the bench. And we will probably buy no fucker in January and get the likes of f**king aaronson back and a few others that have gone out to the try before ypu buy clubs. What a load of shite as nan would say
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Prisoner37 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:27 pm I was at Donny races today and quite fancied that horse but couldn't bring myself to back it because of the name, then the fecker pops in at 14/1. He is still pissing me off! 🤣
I would’ve 100% backed that if at the races today. Didn’t see it till I turned the tv on and it was nearly over. It’s actually spelt Geromino & not Geronimo.
He wasn’t the brightest 😁
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Scoobychief wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:30 pm Outside lord farquaads starting 11 including gononto there isn't much quality on the bench. And we will probably buy no fucker in January and get the likes of f**king aaronson back and a few others that have gone out to the try before ypu buy clubs. What a load of shite as nan would say
Aaronson to be revealed as a new signing in January.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Scoobychief wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:30 pm Outside lord farquaads starting 11 including gononto there isn't much quality on the bench. And we will probably buy no fucker in January and get the likes of f**king aaronson back and a few others that have gone out to the try before ypu buy clubs. What a load of shite as nan would say
To be honest mate you do quite well without having to quote your nan.

We just have to wait and see what happens, the problem with the next window is finding the right players at the right price. It is by no means an easy task. If Aaronsson does return I personally hope he can offer something. We need some inspiration in certain games and that is in short supply off the bench.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

We can't afford to ignore Aaronson if he comes back. His value has already plummeted to a fraction of what we spent, it wouldn't make sense for us to leave him out for another 3 years. If we want him to at least get a decent fee, he has to be involved.