Leeds Utd v Coventry City Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Leeds Utd v Coventry City Match Thread

Post by Prisoner37 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:36 pm I would’ve 100% backed that if at the races today. Didn’t see it till I turned the tv on and it was nearly over. It’s actually spelt Geromino & not Geronimo.
He wasn’t the brightest 😁
Yes, I noticed the spelling but once it was in my head, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Bless him, I'm sure he will be happy with Everton over coming their adversity.
Anderson
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Anderson »

Listening to the match on Radio Leeds 1quote from Adam Pope sums it up.Piroe the scorer of lots of goals at Swansea receives the ball 35yards out.Therein lies a big problem.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Anderson wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:15 pm Listening to the match on Radio Leeds 1quote from Adam Pope sums it up.Piroe the scorer of lots of goals at Swansea receives the ball 35yards out.Therein lies a big problem.
Yep, and you didn't need Pope for that....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:17 pm Yep, and you didn't need Pope for that....
Even Pope Francis could have noticed that
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:13 pm Stop main lining rakia
It's good for yer Jay 😉
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

If you swap Piroe and Geo around it carries an element of risk. Geo would need to play a lot smarter nearer the middle of the park. All the fancy tricks he tries that regularly do not come off, often losing the ball - are not so bad in their half. He does that near the halfway line and it could be a problem. Whilst he has the game to play 10 I am not sure he has the temperament or maturity required to play that role. I am in no way convinced by Piroe at 10. Personally we need another player.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Anderson wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:15 pm Listening to the match on Radio Leeds 1quote from Adam Pope sums it up.Piroe the scorer of lots of goals at Swansea receives the ball 35yards out.Therein lies a big problem.
Farke's favourite was on the pitch far too long, as was the case against Sunderland.

Apart from his goals, I'm unsure what Piroe offers us.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Sadly, we're not good enough to achieve automatic promotion.

Ipswich will probably confirm my thoughts next Saturday.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:52 pm Sadly, we're not good enough to achieve automatic promotion.

Ipswich will probably confirm my thoughts next Saturday.
As always, good to see you again today mate 👍

I’m a glass half full guy, and I know there is a long way to go, but that was a poor one today, felt like a loss walking back to the car.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

It's strange that when Farke was appointed he apparently had identified Georgi as an inside forward.

Piroe is a striker.

Gnonto is a left winger or second striker.

But we have Rutter up top, Piroe toiling away trying to do his best Buendia impression, Gnonto usually comes on for Dan James and plays as a winger on the right and Summerville tends to end up playing middle of the pitch most of the time.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:50 pm Farke's favourite was on the pitch far too long, as was the case against Sunderland.

Apart from his goals, I'm unsure what Piroe offers us.
Play him in his proper position, it would probably help. Anyone noticed Rutter is the most ungainly footballer the've ever seen. Probably his unpredictability makes him fun to watch, sometimes!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:13 pm Play him in his proper position, it would probably help. Anyone noticed Rutter is the most ungainly footballer the've ever seen. Probably his unpredictability makes him fun to watch, sometimes!
Lee Chapman
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:07 pm As always, good to see you again today mate 👍

I’m a glass half full guy, and I know there is a long way to go, but that was a poor one today, felt like a loss walking back to the car.
And good to see you, Kev. :tup:

Said the very same on the coach home.

Not the first time, we've been poor/average this season, I'm counting 10 of our 22 games.

The dreaded play-offs is are only hope :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:13 pm Play him in his proper position, it would probably help. Anyone noticed Rutter is the most ungainly footballer the've ever seen. Probably his unpredictability makes him fun to watch, sometimes!
Reminds me of a giraffe, MJ.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:16 pm Lee Chapman
It's close faiip.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

SG90 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:34 pm Our number one go to sub for a goal hasn't scored in 8 months and has missed two penalties in that time. Great logic :roll:

Gnonto needs more than 10 mins, as his value is plummeting with every game.
Bamford has cost 3 or 4 managers their jobs at this stage and Farke doesn't seem to have read our recent history.

Bringing him on now is plain madness - doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. He will not contribute, he will not score and it is only nostalgia, or delusion, at best can be the logic behind bringing him on. Total waste of a sub. Give me Anthony or Joseph anytime - time to move on.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Starting to look as i thought - DF's been overachieving with this bunch.

You can lead horses to water.

Lionel Messi would've had a hatful for us today.

We have a distinct lack of quality.

We have a distinct lack of depth.

I wonder if we have a distinct lack of money to buy our way out.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:07 pm As always, good to see you again today mate 👍

Don't get me started about the referee. :x
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:08 pm All teams rely on individuals to a large degree. For me this is a bizarre suggestion. It is like saying we have to rely on the goalkeeper to make all the saves.

We had more than enough chances to win, what we do not have is consistency.
Agree DDB. Haven’t watched the match yet, but the inability to capitalize on our chances is a major problem. I saw a team that looked leggy against Sunderland and I suspect, judging from the comments here, that
the same applies for this match. I suspect 2-3 changes could’ve been made to the starting 11 (or at least by the early second half) that would’ve injected a little more life into the squad.

Best quote I’ve heard on our present predicament is “Teams are adjusting to us, but we aren’t adjusting to that fact.”

And while I’m not ready to get rid of DF or anything like that, I firmly believe he could’ve gotten 4 points from the last two matches instead of the 1 point that we’ve settled on.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fortius wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:52 pm why not he's fooking useless
Incompetence must be his middle name.