Leeds Utd v Middlesbrough Match Thread - Farke Names Unchanged Line-up

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Match Thread Leeds Utd v Middlesbrough Match Thread - Farke Names Unchanged Line-up

Post by Ellandback1 »

Saaturday 2nd December 3:00pm | Elland Road

Middlesbrough are the visitors to Elland Road at the weekend, as Leeds look to extend their fabulous home record. The Whites are the only side unbeaten at home in the Championship, but face a team, more than capable of causing an upset. After a poor start to the season, Michael Carrick's side are just three points shy of a play off place. They have a fine record away from home, with three wins and a draw from their last four games on the road. They're not that bad at home either, having recorded consecutive wins against Leicester City and a 4-0 drubbing of Preston, most recently.

Leeds have only injury worries, apart from Stuart Dallas, are Joe Gelhardt with a hip injury and Junior Firpo who will be out for three weeks with an hamstring injury. Daniel Farke has a nearly a full squad to pick from, with fans hoping Djed Spence will play some part in proceedings, though Messrs Gray and Byram will start, with Rodon and Struijk at centre back in an unchanged line-up from Wednesday.

Last time the two sides met at Elland Road, Leeds won 4-0

Luke Ayling was dropped from Daniel Farke's squad midweek, in what he called one of the hardest decisions he has ever had to make. It will be interesting to see whether he makes Saturday's team sheet. Boro will be without Sam Greenwood, who is not eligible to play against his parent club, but eleven years after leaving, Jonny Howson returns to his old stomping ground. The 35 year old midfielder has 1,100 minutes of game time under his belt so far this season, and will be relishing this fixture.

Leeds completed the double (4-0 and 0-1) the last time these two sides met (19/20) and hold a 40 - 32 win loss advantage over the Smoggie's with 29 matches drawn.

New season VPN offer! Get NordVPN with 62% off + 3 months free...

mentalcase

Re: Leeds Utd v Middlesbrough Match Thread

Post by mentalcase »

Another win will keep us ticking over nicely, keep the pressure on the top 2 , plus our unbeaten home record, we can do it.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Boro got some injury issues.

Dael Fry and Hayden Hackney are doubts and Tommy Smith, Darragh Lenihan, Marcus Forss, Riley McGree and Lewis O'brien are long term knackered.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:08 pm Boro got some injury issues.

Dael Fry and Hayden Hackney are doubts and Tommy Smith, Darragh Lenihan, Marcus Forss, Riley McGree and Lewis O'brien are long term knackered.
We don't have Stuart Dallas available so that balances things out
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Same team as per Swansea

Bench

Darlow
Cresswell
Cooper
Spence
Gruev
Gnonto
Anthony
Shackleton
Joseph
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Strange team Boro.

Battered Preston, beat Leicester, battered Sunderland, beat Cardiff, beat Southampton.

Couldn't beat Wendies, Huddersfield, Coventry or QPR.

Better team at home than away, 3rd worst defence in the league away from home, only won 3.

Won't be an easy game, the xG and stuff (yes I know) says they should be doing better. So it's not a tactical thing I'd assume more a quality issue.

They create the 2nd most big chances in the league (we are 1st). They also miss the 2nd most big chances, we are 3rd although we've missed 14 big chances compared to created and Boro 8.

Good coach Michael Carrick, well coached team, just maybe lacking a bit of quality hence the underlying performance issues.

The big thing for us is they really struggle to stop conceding away.

Summerville, Rutter, Piroe and James have 23 goals and 18 assists between them.

So you'd imagine that score we are a bit of a nightmare for them.

But they have some big giant players, we aren't always the most secure when we come against that.

Got some speed as well.

Won't be easy.

But I can't see how a team with that away record stops the best front 4 in the league from scoring.

Tbf they score more away than at home themselves which maybe means they tke more risks? I don't know.

If they push forward we are officially the best team in the league for winning the ball back and probably have the best transitional attack in the league as well.

Interesting game won't be easy.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:10 pm We don't have Stuart Dallas available so that balances things out
:lol: :lol: :lol:
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Boro made a poor start. But have looked good in recent weeks. I see them finishing top 6.

Firpo out, so Ayling should be back on the bench. Need to squeeze Shackleton back in somehow as LB coverage.

If Spence comes in at RB, does that set up Archie to move his career over to LB?
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:47 pm Boro made a poor start. But have looked good in recent weeks. I see them finishing top 6.

Firpo out, so Ayling should be back on the bench. Need to squeeze Shackleton back in somehow as LB coverage.

If Spence comes in at RB, does that set up Archie to move his career over to LB?
Don’t want to see Archie at right back never mind left back, considering Spence didn’t get any time against Swansea I’d be very surprised to see him starting against Boro but hope to see him at some point.
Keeping The Faith
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I'd forgotten about this interesting chap :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:22 pm I'd forgotten about this interesting chap :lol:
How old is that? Boro haven't played at Ayresome in 20 plus years
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:15 pm Strange team Boro.

Battered Preston, beat Leicester, battered Sunderland, beat Cardiff, beat Southampton.

Couldn't beat Wendies, Huddersfield, Coventry or QPR.

Better team at home than away, 3rd worst defence in the league away from home, only won 3.

Won't be an easy game, the xG and stuff (yes I know) says they should be doing better. So it's not a tactical thing I'd assume more a quality issue.

They create the 2nd most big chances in the league (we are 1st). They also miss the 2nd most big chances, we are 3rd although we've missed 14 big chances compared to created and Boro 8.

Good coach Michael Carrick, well coached team, just maybe lacking a bit of quality hence the underlying performance issues.

The big thing for us is they really struggle to stop conceding away.

Summerville, Rutter, Piroe and James have 23 goals and 18 assists between them.

So you'd imagine that score we are a bit of a nightmare for them.

But they have some big giant players, we aren't always the most secure when we come against that.

Got some speed as well.

Won't be easy.

But I can't see how a team with that away record stops the best front 4 in the league from scoring.

Tbf they score more away than at home themselves which maybe means they tke more risks? I don't know.

If they push forward we are officially the best team in the league for winning the ball back and probably have the best transitional attack in the league as well.

Interesting game won't be easy.
Reet, seeing as i absolutely love stats, i'm going to thank you here :tup: Coz i've never felt as confident that there's gonna be goals in this game since, errrmmm, well, :duno: the Leicester game...doh !

The Leicester game, where i lost either 1 or two £hundred on goals over +2.5 i think it was i can't remember (jeez, i'm gonna have to get tert docs, i think i'm getting this Parkinsons or whatever, i forgets :roll: )

Wotcha reckon Dog ??? over 2.5 goals here ? - I'm thinking it's a license to print money ??

But i must add, when i feel as confident as this, it usually backfires :duno: :duno: :roll:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:22 pm I'd forgotten about this interesting chap :lol:
Didn't know Geronimo had a twin.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:12 pm Same team as per Swansea

Bench

Darlow
Cresswell
Cooper
Spence
Gruev
Gnonto
Anthony
Shackleton
Joseph
It would make more sense to go with Shackleton rather than Ayling, with Firpo injured.
I doubt Cresswell and Joseph will make the bench though.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Chilli D wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:44 am It would make more sense to go with Shackleton rather than Ayling, with Firpo injured.
I doubt Cresswell and Joseph will make the bench though.
Leave him to dream. ;-)
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:18 am Reet, seeing as i absolutely love stats, i'm going to thank you here :tup: Coz i've never felt as confident that there's gonna be goals in this game since, errrmmm, well, :duno: the Leicester game...doh !

The Leicester game, where i lost either 1 or two £hundred on goals over +2.5 i think it was i can't remember (jeez, i'm gonna have to get tert docs, i think i'm getting this Parkinsons or whatever, i forgets :roll: )

Wotcha reckon Dog ??? over 2.5 goals here ? - I'm thinking it's a license to print money ??

But i must add, when i feel as confident as this, it usually backfires :duno: :duno: :roll:
Kenny,

Are you up or down betting on results this season ?

The term licence to print money and betting very rarely go in the same paragraph, unless you work at the bookies.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:25 pm Kenny,

The term licence to print money and betting very rarely go in the same paragraph, unless you work at the bookies.
Gamblers never tell you the whole truth :)
They exaggerate the amounts when they win and never quite admit to actually how much they lost :)

Though I'm sure there are some who aren't like that....or maybe not :shock:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:25 pm Kenny,

Apart from in my head i don't really keep track, i just do what my Grandad said and 'only bet what i can afford to lose, i'm not a huge gambler (bar poker), i've just had some £2 bet builders on the leeds game at 54/1 the scum game at 190/1, i was tempted to stick a ton on over 2.5 in the Leeds game but then saw it was 7/10, so i stuck some on to get some free bets opening new accounts.
I like to think i have discipline, i could've quite easily stuck £200 on it but didn't like the odds, i've also come to realise i don't get any luck when i bet large and greedy, and seem to have more luck with lower wagers, overall i gamble for the fun of it and the interest.
On my recent trip to Haydock i started with a £20 win on a 7/1, which set me up for £20 wins on each race, i also got the 3rd race winner, then i went daft on the last 2 races, but when i worked all out the next day, i'd had a free days racing booze food and travel.

I by no means gamble everyday, if you take out the recent 'Bert Uruguay' betting, i can't reet remember my last serious bet, like i mentioned, i had £2 squid on Leeds tother neet at 9/1 for 3-1 result, but only coz £2 was there, i've been betting horses since i was 9yo, and i can take it or leave it, in fact bar Haydock i can't remember my last bet on the gee gees.

Now that's just football n Horses - When i play poker some of the entrance fees are like $2800 and i play ranges usually from $150 - $1500 tournaments, but hopefully in the New year i'm gonna be entering some high-rollers and some serious s**t.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

GreennWhite wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:53 pm Gamblers never tell you the whole truth :)
They exaggerate the amounts when they win and never quite admit to actually how much they lost :)

Though I'm sure there are some who aren't like that....or maybe not :shock:
H'mmm, feel like i've just wasted my time posting my last post :roll:

;@)
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:00 pm H'mmm, feel like i've just wasted my time posting my last post :roll:
Oh not at all, whatever floats your boat. :tup: