Leeds Utd v Middlesbrough Match Thread - Farke Names Unchanged Line-up

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Middlesbrough Match Thread - Farke Names Unchanged Line-up

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:10 pm The problem with making subs is that our replacements haven't shown great form. They can't be fully trusted yet.

Gruev, Anthony, Gnonto haven't done well when they've started. Bamford still hasn't scored. Defence looks less assured when its not Strujik AND Rodon.

All our replacements have only been reliable for short periods.

Firpo might have been a good sub if available

Spence would have improved us, but it seems Farke doesn't want to risk him yet unless he has to

So ... like you, I was happy with the timing of the subs and would have been more nervous in a tough game like this if we'd made them earlier. Next week - 3 games in 7 days - it will be interesting to see how Farke manages game time
It does say something about how the impact our subs are having, Andrew, when in our two most recent matches the blonde bombshell is the one having the most impact--TBF, while he hasn't scored, Bamford has looked more on his game of late--granted, the bar is waaaay down low, but still, credit where due.
In Farke we trust...
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Sean_Nile wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:54 am Hellava big lunch box to have penguin in it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Indeed.

Penguins are usually on top of the television.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:12 pm It does say something about how the impact our subs are having, Andrew, when in our two most recent matches the blonde bombshell is the one having the most impact--TBF, while he hasn't scored, Bamford has looked more on his game of late--granted, the bar is waaaay down low, but still, credit where due.
Anyone know where Paul's disappeared to, not seen him for a while, i enjoy his input.

Did that twatty Kemo upset him at all ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:30 pm As much as i see where you're coming from WR, please appreciate the game and how both teams are playing it, you just can't have it all pal, they themselves are also lacking in departments, that's the nature of both teams set ups and flair

You just can't have it all in a game like this, there is always gonna be gaps all over the shop
Late reply but a very good point Kenny, easy to get carried away in the moment and want us to sit back a bit when winning but I do want us to play on the front foot, we are back as if the Marsch season never happened and it’s immensely enjoyable! Hopefully it takes us up but tempted to say who cares.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:12 pm It does say something about how the impact our subs are having, Andrew, when in our two most recent matches the blonde bombshell is the one having the most impact--TBF, while he hasn't scored, Bamford has looked more on his game of late--granted, the bar is waaaay down low, but still, credit where due.
Their wicked glancing header from a well whipped in corner finds the roof of the net at about 100mph.

PB had to go looking for his, not so wickedly whipped in corner of ours and try and generate some direction and more power on it, unfortunately, and him like their player not having eyes in the back of his head, he's got to hope it flies in a direction not near the keeper and find the far corner.

PB's found the keeper.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:10 pm The problem with making subs is that our replacements haven't shown great form. They can't be fully trusted yet.

Gruev, Anthony, Gnonto haven't done well when they've started. Bamford still hasn't scored. Defence looks less assured when its not Strujik AND Rodon.

All our replacements have only been reliable for short periods.

Firpo might have been a good sub if available

Spence would have improved us, but it seems Farke doesn't want to risk him yet unless he has to

So ... like you, I was happy with the timing of the subs and would have been more nervous in a tough game like this if we'd made them earlier. Next week - 3 games in 7 days - it will be interesting to see how Farke manages game time
Couldn't disagree more .. they've all played well when they've had the chance
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

We are two games in from an international break - whilst the fixture list gets congested this time of year, the modern game has every advantage in terms of infrastructure, training, dietary, physio etc.

I am sure most players can breeze three games a week these days, even if the pace of the game has increased.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:20 pm Couldn't disagree more .. they've all played well when they've had the chance
I said when they've started

Last time they all started was against Stoke. All 3 were poor.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:00 pm I said when they've started

Last time they all started was against Stoke. All 3 were poor.
Gruev. warm up game. I gave Gnonto a 7 IIRC as I think I did Anthony.. All about game time..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:59 pm Gruev. warm up game. I gave Gnonto a 7 IIRC as I think I did Anthony.. All about game time..
They were that good huh?

Yet none have started a game since. Not even in a 3 game week.

I'm not saying they can't fulfill a role. Especially unfair to assess that given their limited time. With a couple of games any could probably be a consistent starter. But they're not at that point.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:20 pm Couldn't disagree more .. they've all played well when they've had the chance
Without impacting the score in the main.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Some great shots of our twin titans heading the ball home!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4ZIgKTrlYw
In Farke we trust...