Rotherham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Rotherham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

That's true though, it's like he's trying summert different against a lower team, why ffs .

It plays straight into their hands.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:28 pm IMG_8069.jpeg

Very tempted by this treble today.
Would see us down to 4th and trail the top 2 by 10.

Good job you didn't!! You ought to know, having worked in the industry like i have, that multiples are a mugs game. Stick with thr singles like us pros do
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:30 pm We are better than that, we did we take OURSELVES down to their level.

Yeah reet Dog, i wish you'd said it then earlier, why dintcha ?
I did as far as I know. Maybe not in perfect technical terms I suppose.
Some wasteful stuff going on though. Summerville delay on his pass to Piroe(?) far too late, James blasting over etc etc. Like the commentator said always go across goal. Way better % and maybe some scraps if saved.
I’d like to know if Farke has learned anything. He should have. Don’t let Firpo & Bamford (I have some forgiveness for the tortoise Cooper) anywhere near it from now on. Put the f**king tea lady in for all I care. Can’t be any worse.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteinfrance wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:40 pm Good job you didn't!! You ought to know, having worked in the industry like i have, that multiples are a mugs game. Stick with thr singles like us pros do
Yeah dodged a bullet there Monsieur Francais.
And never bet ew like Barney Curley said.

You’re an ex bookie like me & 64 then?
Any good things let us know as could do with a grand atm.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Sara wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:19 pm It seemed like more than that last night; long spells of playing keep ball without much attacking intent. That's either Farke's instructions, or we aren't as good as we think we are.
This ^

And yes we aren't as good as we think we are, i don't even think we're that good.

I don't think DF does, so why he's trying it i don't know. But we are ok if we go at teams similar to like Soton came at us, in fact it's probably our only way. The Leicester game way.

He found our best game v Leicester, i'm trying to judge us on who we'd beat in the Prem with what he's currently got - and it ain't many if any, i think that Leicester performance could give the bottom 4 /5 clubs a game, but he needs strengthening all over.

But it was a struggle to watch the glaring faults last night and no attempt to fix it, it just wasn't working at all, i honestly think it showed how much we missed Byrams attacking intent, but it wasn't just that, it had to be Df's instructions to them, i thought their equaliser would let him get them in and point it all out, but he didn't, i might be wrong coz i didn't see much of the 2nd half and have been waiting on Sid, but it strikes me from the last 15mins or so i got the game back on, that we just weren't linking play up at all, especially like we did v Leicester, where our front 4 were harrying them to fck to get possession right up the field, backed up by Kamara and Ampadu, with our back 4 virtually in the Leicester half as well, i bet some sort of heat map that they use for the statheads these days shows us on the front foot v Leicester than that shite last night.

There was a point where Rodon i think it was, galloped up with the ball when he shouldn't have to do that, it showed me it was all to pot coz nowt was on, and i thought 'surely DF you just saw that'
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:45 pm I did as far as I know. Maybe not in perfect technical terms I suppose.
Some wasteful stuff going on though. Summerville delay on his pass to Piroe(?) far too late, James blasting over etc etc. Like the commentator said always go across goal. Way better % and maybe some scraps if saved.
I’d like to know if Farke has learned anything. He should have. Don’t let Firpo & Bamford (I have some forgiveness for the tortoise Cooper) anywhere near it from now on. Put the f**king tea lady in for all I care. Can’t be any worse.
If he hasn't from that and Stoke and he attempts it again, we've no chance.

We have way too many 'sub par' players, but he's managed to get 11 of them playing something like on the front foot.

On a sidenote - Bloody hell faaips got me thinking about Gray playing the ball out from the back at centre half, with a bit of Frankie Gray/ Madeley/ and Eddie Gray in him, jeez i don't wanna lose him now. What a thought that is.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:49 pm Yeah dodged a bullet there Monsieur Francais.
And never bet ew like Barney Curley said.

You’re an ex bookie like me & 64 then?
Any good things let us know as could do with a grand atm.
It's all on the La Celeste thread :tup:

No need pal :tup: :tup:

Just need some patience to 2026 tis all.

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:01 pm If he hasn't from that and Stoke and he attempts it again, we've no chance.

We have way too many 'sub par' players, but he's managed to get 11 of them playing something like on the front foot.

On a sidenote - Bloody hell faaips got me thinking about Gray playing the ball out from the back at centre half, with a bit of Frankie Gray/ Madeley/ and Eddie Gray in him, jeez i don't wanna lose him now. What a thought that is.
If we sell Archie in January I’ll have a sob on my own in a dark room. He’s the reason I’ll turn the tv on.
He always looks to pass forward and is as calm as you like considering his age. Bit of a c**k up on the goal but then he was just one moving part of that shitshow.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:06 pm It's all on the La Celeste thread :tup:

No need pal :tup: :tup:

Just need some patience to 2026 tis all.
I’ll be a Uruguay backer when it comes around. No question. It’s a stage that looks tailor made for Bielsa. Gareth will s**t himself if he comes up against them.
But I need a grand soon. A lot of fine wine to buy and not enough money to buy it. Perennial problem.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Sara wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:19 pm It seemed like more than that last night; long spells of playing keep ball without much attacking intent. That's either Farke's instructions, or we aren't as good as we think we are.
No we're good but Rotherham did a very good job at slowing us down.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:55 pm This ^

And yes we aren't as good as we think we are, i don't even think we're that good.

I don't think DF does, so why he's trying it i don't know. But we are ok if we go at teams similar to like Soton came at us, in fact it's probably our only way. The Leicester game way.

He found our best game v Leicester, i'm trying to judge us on who we'd beat in the Prem with what he's currently got - and it ain't many if any, i think that Leicester performance could give the bottom 4 /5 clubs a game, but he needs strengthening all over.

But it was a struggle to watch the glaring faults last night and no attempt to fix it, it just wasn't working at all, i honestly think it showed how much we missed Byrams attacking intent, but it wasn't just that, it had to be Df's instructions to them, i thought their equaliser would let him get them in and point it all out, but he didn't, i might be wrong coz i didn't see much of the 2nd half and have been waiting on Sid, but it strikes me from the last 15mins or so i got the game back on, that we just weren't linking play up at all, especially like we did v Leicester, where our front 4 were harrying them to fck to get possession right up the field, backed up by Kamara and Ampadu, with our back 4 virtually in the Leicester half as well, i bet some sort of heat map that they use for the statheads these days shows us on the front foot v Leicester than that shite last night.

There was a point where Rodon i think it was, galloped up with the ball when he shouldn't have to do that, it showed me it was all to pot coz nowt was on, and i thought 'surely DF you just saw that'
I was thinking we missed Byram... and maybe even Ayling for his attacking play.

When we're good, we're very good, but a lot of that is having individual players who stand out in this league.

The second half was really boring. I wanted to turn it off on the hour mark because it was winding me up tbh, but I kept saying, another five minutes, surely we'll score. Then there was less than ten minutes left and I realised we wouldn't.

We weren't moving in ways to create space, and it's not like Rotherham's press or block were that good. Once you've lived Bertball anything other than all out fluid attack seems a bit off.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Sara wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:27 pm I was thinking we missed Byram... and maybe even Ayling for his attacking play.

When we're good, we're very good, but a lot of that is having individual players who stand out in this league.

The second half was really boring. I wanted to turn it off on the hour mark because it was winding me up tbh, but I kept saying, another five minutes, surely we'll score. Then there was less than ten minutes left and I realised we wouldn't.

We weren't moving in ways to create space, and it's not like Rotherham's press or block were that good. Once you've lived Bertball anything other than all out fluid attack seems a bit off.
This is why Djed could really change the complexion of the game, especially on the right side of the field--with Jimmy terrorizing teams on the left and Dan and Djed bearing down on them on the right, not to mention, Georgi and Piroe across the middle and Sam when he's healthy :love:
In Farke we trust...
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:32 pm This is why Djed could really change the complexion of the game, especially on the right side of the field--with Jimmy terrorizing teams on the left and Dan and Djed bearing down on them on the right, not to mention, Georgi and Piroe across the middle and Sam when he's healthy :love:
Hopefully... the anticipation for Spence is mounting!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Sara wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:10 pm I don't know. It seems that there are times in the game when Farke instructs them to play a more restrained game, in contrast to Bielsa's all out attack.

I can see the value of that for game management when we're seeing a game out, or riding out a period of pressure, but not at 1-0 with most of the game still to play.

Not sure how big a factor individual complacency is. The game definitely shifted once they scored; they gained a confidence to attack us more, and we seemed to lose our self assurance. The system doesn't carry the team if key players are sub par, for whatever reason.
That is a key thing for me.

It suggests we are just reliant on having better players which may get you out of the Championship but it won't work in the Premier League (hence his record in both divisions).

The slow play is definitely his instruction (how often does Meslier do the fake quick throw then hold it).

He was criticised for the exact same thing at Borussia Mönchengladbach, and I'm fairly certain one of our players spoke about how he encourages them to slow it down keep the ball rather than attacking all the time.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:19 pm he encourages them to slow it down keep the ball rather than attacking all the time.
Again, that's alright as a part of game management, or if you're biding your time to create space and open teams up.

I'm not sure what the intent is tbh. Last night we just looked devoid of ideas.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Sara wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:27 pm I was thinking we missed Byram... and maybe even Ayling for his attacking play.

Correct Sara :tup:

I've just watched a replay of the whole match & I was bored out of my skull.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:32 pm This is why Djed could really change the complexion of the game, especially on the right side of the field--with Jimmy terrorizing teams on the left and Dan and Djed bearing down on them on the right, not to mention, Georgi and Piroe across the middle and Sam when he's healthy :love:
Been busy this weekend. Spence and James on the same side will not work for me. With Spence having the pace and inclination to drive forwards it needs more of a technician in front of him. So that when Spence goes down the outside and drags a couple of defenders with him you need a player like Summerville, Rutter or Gnonto to come inside and play a killer ball. James is far too wasteful in possession to undertake that role. It is not in his tool kit under the heading consistency. He is a valuable player on the break but that is it for me.

What we lacked yesterday was an injection of pace when in possession, whilst Rotherham were organised it is because they had so much time to keep their lines and maintain positional discipline. Only Summerville injected pace and tried to break their lines. Amps tried but he came unstuck a few times.

I honestly do not believe we will see Firpo again. He will be carted off on loan in the next window if they find a club. Betis are rumoured to be interested. Fingers crossed. A LB in the next window is more of a priority than ever for me.

I would be happy to see Bamford out on loan also. Perhaps one of the bottom three in the prem. he has zero confidence now, his head has gone and he needs moving on.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:07 pm I can't account for what you imply .. I'm a very literal person
And I can’t account for that, or for whatever you wrongly take from my posts.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leighton
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Leighton »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:57 am A typical Leeds performance after an international break, was always the same even when we didn't have many players playing for their country.
Yes completely typical but frustrating