Rotherham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Rotherham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:37 pm Agreed, Coop was as good as Joe last night, he did alright and I think he's fine for now as a back up for Struijk
Gray will learn the position, he's good enough to play most roles given time
Coops is terribly slow, got done for pace on a couple of occasions, not his fault. he's struggling with the pace of the game. Liam won a lot of headers though & was sound in that department.

I still have more faith in Charlie.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:10 pm I’m sure that the usual excuses will be trotted out for Bamford. The through ball that went underneath his leg. The offside where he’s exactly in line and should never be off although it’s debatable whether he touched it tbh.
Firpo non existent. Zero desire.
Cooper scarily slow. Credit for his clearance though.
That was Ampadu's fault with a piss-poor header back to Meslier.

Coops read the game well there!
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:07 pm But a fair one ..
Not if I didn't imply it.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:34 pm That was Ampadu's fault with a piss-poor header back to Meslier.

Coops read the game well there!
Yes. That was a shocker. He was caught between 2 stools tbh 💩 🙁💩

Cooper read the game well for their goal too only he read it an hour too late
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:52 pm Yes. That was a shocker. He was caught between 2 stools tbh 💩 🙁💩

Cooper read the game well for their goal too only he read it an hour too late
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:52 pm My thing about Gray is that yes he will learn the position but for now we lack punch on the right as Gray does not back up James the way that Ayling and hopefully Spence will.

Ayling helps us get in behind and allows us to hit teams where it hurts.
Spence starts very soon.... I'm not worried about the position at all
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:35 pm Not if I didn't imply it.
I can't account for what you imply .. I'm a very literal person
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:05 pm Basically where I am.

Not convinced DF makes much difference to us in the sense he raises the team the way Bielsa did or McKenna does for Ipswich.

We are very passive at times and slow and seem incapable of having consistent performances even from half to half? Why is that? Attitude? Tactics? No idea but this isn't a first time occurrence.
You've no idea ? I have, hazard a guess.

You're right though, it's not the first time.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:37 pm Agreed, Coop was as good as Joe last night, he did alright and I think he's fine for now as a back up for Struijk
Gray will learn the position, he's good enough to play most roles given time
I like the thought of that :tup:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:27 pm You've no idea ? I have, hazard a guess.

You're right though, it's not the first time.
Go on then?

Once is a mistake, twice a coincidence, we are at 4,5,6 times now.

Must be a reason for it :duno:

Can't keep hiding behind the summer either and its costing us automatic now
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:32 pm Go on then?

I’m waiting to be enlightened. When’s the enlightening ceremony?
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:32 pm Go on then?

Not hiding behind the summer at all, that was then.

It was evident v Stoke, but he got the benefit of doubt there coz of the changes, but last night was feckin stupid.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:57 pm I’m waiting to be enlightened. When’s the enlightening ceremony?
After Sids watched it twice :tup:

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:59 pm After Sids watched it twice :tup:
Watch a replay of our game, after the West Brom v Ipswich match.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:05 pm We are very passive at times and slow and seem incapable of having consistent performances even from half to half? Why is that? Attitude? Tactics? No idea but this isn't a first time occurrence.
I don't know. It seems that there are times in the game when Farke instructs them to play a more restrained game, in contrast to Bielsa's all out attack.

I can see the value of that for game management when we're seeing a game out, or riding out a period of pressure, but not at 1-0 with most of the game still to play.

Not sure how big a factor individual complacency is. The game definitely shifted once they scored; they gained a confidence to attack us more, and we seemed to lose our self assurance. The system doesn't carry the team if key players are sub par, for whatever reason.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It's simple, we fast break when we counter, we have to slow that if the defence gets organized before we can fast break. Where/how you win the ball is also key....
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Sara wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:10 pm I don't know. It seems that there are times in the game when Farke instructs them to play a more restrained game, in contrast to Bielsa's all out attack.

I can see the value of that for game management when we're seeing a game out, or riding out a period of pressure, but not at 1-0 with most of the game still to play.

Not sure how big a factor individual complacency is. The game definitely shifted once they scored; they gained a confidence to attack us more, and we seemed to lose our self assurance. The system doesn't carry the team if key players are sub par, for whatever reason.
Well seeing as Sara's virtually nailed it here and in a previous post.

WHAT THE FECKIN HELL ARE YOU DOIN FARKE FFS !!!! ??? :rant:

Jeez i could've smashed me telebox up after we'd gone 1-0 up and it was probably good thing my tinternet went down.

The dumb fecker tells us it's all about the first goal then invites them back into the game by going deep, wtf does he want to go deep for and create a huge gap between our lines !!! A gap so feckin huge that Ampadu and Kamara are wasted having to come so deep to pick it up off the defenders to go on the attack.

wtf do you want to do that for DF ??? To bring them out ?? What's the feckin point of that when we've already got the first ? I don't get it.
Like Stoke they weren't falling for it and just got themselves organised.

Just play like we did v Leicester ffs, what's the problem with doing that ??? I'm now wishing we can play against a top side every single week, in fact i'd sooner we actually had games like v Leicester till the end of the season now. Why oh why go 1-0 up and not go for the throat like we do at home ???...Why invite them on ? It doesn't matter, we're 1-0 up and they have to come, so move your players up towards the halfway line and push on, the gap between our def-mid-front was stupid and anchored our play, take the feckin game to them ffs like we do when we're at home, if they score they score like Hudds did when we took our foot off the gas when 4-0 up, but ffs get 4-0 up first !!!

There's more than just that but i'm getting mysen worked up and havin heart palpitations.

Jeez DF - Rodon actually tried to tell you it was a fck up by galloping out of the defence with the ball towards the halfway line ffs, coz no one was available and it was a mess, i hope to God you've seen this, coz i thought it evident v Stoke but was perhaps the changes you'd made, but fer gawds sake don't start fcking around like we're Spain or summert coz we're not, get the feckin ball to our front 4 asap and let them do the rest.....WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, AND THIS IS THE CHAMPIONSHIP DON'T FORGET, AND NOT THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

;@)
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:42 pm It's simple, we fast break when we counter, we have to slow that if the defence gets organized before we can fast break. Where/how you win the ball is also key....
It seemed like more than that last night; long spells of playing keep ball without much attacking intent. That's either Farke's instructions, or we aren't as good as we think we are.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Well yeah I did work that out myself tbh. Was expecting something more revelatory.
We just got casual and thought ah we’ll just cruise this no bother.
Just can’t work Farke out sometimes. Does he have a style as such. Seems he prefers a challenge against better teams.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

We are better than that, we did we take OURSELVES down to their level.

Yeah reet Dog, i wish you'd said it then earlier, why dintcha ?

;@)