Leeds Utd v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Post match discussion

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Cooper returns in place of Struijk

Post by Leeds1000 »

We should have blasted them out of sight. We were levels above, not surprising really as i think they have one of the lowest budgets in the Championship, but we still got over the line in the end.... Unlike Leicester will they start to twitch..
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Cooper returns in place of Struijk

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:13 pm Greenwood sinks Leicester that is now four goals in six games
Glad for Sam. Seems to be finding his groove there.
In Farke we trust...
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

If we didn't manage to get the 2-1- win and it happened to finish 2-2, we might've been screaming about the subs, but they didn't do fck all wrong really the subs, Firpo's ok going forward in this league, but i'll guarantee he'll get exposed defensively when running back to take up position, he's got fck all compass in his head, if i'm honest i enjoy his raids forward, but not what follows if we lose possession.

Willy put the effort in, and Anthony was ok - Argyle just had a period that's all.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:19 pm We should have blasted them out of sight. We were levels above, not surprising really as i think they have one of the lowest budgets in the Championship, but we still got over the line in the end.... Unlike Leicester will they start to twitch..
Farke after match speech : THAT'S WHAT FCKING HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T PUT YOUR FCKING CHANCES AWAY YA THICK TWATS !!!!!

.......but well done for the chances you created lads.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Source: https://twitter.com/LUFCDATA/status/172 ... gr%5Etweet
In Farke we trust...
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

It’s still really odd how Georgi lacks a bit of composure in front of goal. He wasn’t the only one I suppose but 2 excellent composed finishes by Piroe & James.
Last edited by Jaydog on Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Rodon was solid again, Sid'll be doin handstands ont way home.

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:36 pm Rodon was solid again, Sid'll be doin handstands ont way home.
He’ll have a Rod-on that’s for sure.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:36 pm It’s still really odd how Georgi lacks a bit of composure in front of goal. He wasn’t the only I suppose but 2 excellent composed finishes by Piroe & James.
Bamforditus ?

;@)
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:23 pm If we didn't manage to get the 2-1- win and it happened to finish 2-2, we might've been screaming about the subs, but they didn't do fck all wrong really the subs, Firpo's ok going forward in this league, but i'll guarantee he'll get exposed defensively when running back to take up position, he's got fck all compass in his head, if i'm honest i enjoy his raids forward, but not what follows if we lose possession.

Willy put the effort in, and Anthony was ok - Argyle just had a period that's all.
Some people here will feel that we let down. That our subs were not up to par. Which would be harsh. They scored a great goal! It happens. We won the match. And we looked pretty good doing it!!
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Biggest fault i saw in Gnontos cameo - He nearly made a pass for PB that didn't come off in their area and it went to them - Now did he put his head down and sprint back ? Did he fck - his arms just went in the air, now he should've had all the energy in the world to get a spurt on and get back, but he didn't.

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:38 pm Bamforditus ?
I think he’s been listening to Bamford tbh.

I have noticed that Bamford runs like he doesn’t know what his legs & arms are doing. Almost like they’ve all got their own brain.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:43 pm Some people here will feel that we let down. That our subs were not up to par. Which would be harsh. They scored a great goal! It happens. We won the match. And we looked pretty good doing it!!
At some point in the 90mins we're not gonna have it all our own way, like i said, they decided to go for broke, they snatched a goal which then gives them renewed vigour to go again, that's when it's down to the leaders on our pitch to start screaming orders and get everyone on their toes again and get a grip with organisation, DF can't do it all from the touchline.

;@)
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:43 pm Biggest fault i saw in Gnontos cameo - He nearly made a pass for PB that didn't come off in their area and it went to them - Now did he put his head down and sprint back ? Did he fck - his arms just went in the air, now he should've had all the energy in the world to get a spurt on and get back, but he didn't.
I noticed that too. Just another indication that he want's to be somewhere else. He's not playing poorly when he gets his chances. But he doesn't look "all in" either...
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:46 pm I think he’s been listening to Bamford tbh.

I have noticed that Bamford runs like he doesn’t know what his legs & arms are doing. Almost like they’ve all got their own brain.
I've always noticed he runs like a dinosaur, his gait is weird, but he does close down well.

;@)
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:48 pm At some point in the 90mins we're not gonna have it all our own way, like i said, they decided to go for broke, they snatched a goal which then gives them renewed vigour to go again, that's when it's down to the leaders on our pitch to start screaming orders and get everyone on their toes again and get a grip with organisation, DF can't do it all from the touchline.
And Joe Rodon was doing that exact thing. Screaming at them and trying to get them organized.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:23 pm If we didn't manage to get the 2-1- win and it happened to finish 2-2, we might've been screaming about the subs, but they didn't do fck all wrong really the subs, Firpo's ok going forward in this league, but i'll guarantee he'll get exposed defensively when running back to take up position, he's got fck all compass in his head, if i'm honest i enjoy his raids forward, but not what follows if we lose possession.

Problem is Kenny boy, with every sub we make, we seem to get worse.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

I don't think dinosaurs can run very well

He's more like Bambi on steroids! :)
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:43 pm Some people here will feel that we let down. That our subs were not up to par. Which would be harsh. They scored a great goal! It happens. We won the match. And we looked pretty good doing it!!
We became complacent & allowed a poor team back into the game, Paul

The lukewarm reception at the end of the game says it all.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteinfrance wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:57 pm I don't think dinosaurs can run very well

He's more like Bambi on steroids! :)
He’s like a Velociraptor