Leeds Utd v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Post match discussion

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds Utd v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Post match discussion

Post by whiteinfrance »

Thesaurus coming!!
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Leeds Utd v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Cooper returns in place of Struijk

Post by Sean_Nile »

BobHirst wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:17 pm Thesaurus Rex ?
I have heard that Thesaurus Rex are very fond of Synonym Buns.

I'll get my coat
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Cooper returns in place of Struijk

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:43 pm Some people here will feel that we let down. That our subs were not up to par. Which would be harsh. They scored a great goal! It happens. We won the match. And we looked pretty good doing it!!
Agreed, Paul. That ball over the top was perfectly played and other than Joe being a step quicker on the goal scorer there wasn't much fault in the other defenders positioning.
In Farke we trust...
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Diplodocus was the name i was looking for.

But for the last few seasons he's been more Ankylosaurus.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

I was watching the game with my son and said to him about 10 minutes into second half that they would score and we would have an uncomfortable 10 minutes (as it happened it wasn't too uncomfortable)....that's not me being a great predictor.....its just football and happens so so many times....obviously the moral being 'Put away your chances' !!
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:36 pm Agreed, Paul. That ball over the top was perfectly played and other than Joe being a step quicker on the goal scorer there wasn't much fault in the other defenders positioning.
We had a lot more goalmouth chances than them, Les Mes wasn't really called into action

Jimmys a touch offside goal
Rutters yet again sublime for Piroes header could've found the net.
Their defenders excellent clearance from James cross to Jimmy opening minutes.
Keepers fine save from Anthony

I'm sure there were more.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:45 pm There's another thing that needs a second look at as well, was it when Byram went off that we started to slide ? Did the connection going forward with Jimmy and Kamara go off ?

All things to analyse.
Outside our first XI we are weakened imo!

Byram, Summerville & Kamara, Rutter & Piroe have been brilliant for us. We lost some balance when Byram went off in the 54th minute as we had two players Coops & Firpo who hadn't played together, make it three when Anthony replaced Summerville.

Then with 16 minutes to go, the pace of our side was gone as Summerville & James off were replaced with Anthony & Gnonto (completely out of his form of last season). I knew from that point on, it was going to be nerve-wracking finale, it seemed we were playing with no midfield, even though we had ten men behind the ball. Even though the pilgrims didn't look dangerous, it was only a matter of time before they would score as we backed off & allowed them to play.
With six minutes of added-on-time, on comes Bamford to hold onto the ball I assume, not the case, Greve came on to do a bit of running around I guess, by that time I was tearing my hair out with our unbalanced team & the loss of command & composure we had in the first-half.

That's twice we have battered a team & lost our way in the 2nd half at consecutive games at ER, Huddersfield was fine as we were 4 up, a game isn't won with a two goal lead.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:52 pm He has always had a bizarre gait running. Reminds me of an uncoordinated recruit marching. Turn that March into a run and that is the best way to describe it for me.
That’s it.
Well described.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:13 pm I just disagree with you Leon. They had literally one sequence where they looked dangerous. And they opened us up and scored a GREAT goal! It happens sometimes. Rodon then marshaled the defense, got them organized again, and we closed them out.
I still think we were sloppy in the second-half, Paul.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

In Farke we trust...
Aussieleeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Aussieleeds »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:52 pm Problem is Kenny boy, with every sub we make, we seem to get worse.
But surely that is to be expected if you have your best 11 starting.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Watched the last 20 mins with Plymouth commentary and they were talking as if we were getting battered the last 10 or so and lucky to get the win. Plymouth were pretty poor for me we could have had 3 or 4 on a better day.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

WhiteRose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:48 pm Watched the last 20 mins with Plymouth commentary and they were talking as if we were getting battered the last 10 or so and lucky to get the win. Plymouth were pretty poor for me we could have had 3 or 4 on a better day.
More like 6.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Tbf Plymouth aren't without quality.

They have drew with WBA away, drew with Boro, Ipswich needed an own goal and an 86th minute goal to bet them.

They clearly have character.

We made them look very ordinary most of the game.

But again that drop off we seem to have came again and it was a far more nervous last 20 than it should have been.

That being said our finishing has cost us this season before and could have again
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Aussieleeds wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:45 pm But surely that is to be expected if you have your best 11 starting.
Not necessarily.

Up until Pascal became unavailable, our best XI picked itself.

That may change when Spence is fit to start.

Our subs rarely influence the end result.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:52 pm Tbf Plymouth aren't without quality.

They have drew with WBA away, drew with Boro, Ipswich needed an own goal and an 86th minute goal to bet them.

They clearly have character.

We made them look very ordinary most of the game.

But again that drop off we seem to have came again and it was a far more nervous last 20 than it should have been.

That being said our finishing has cost us this season before and could have again
They were poor, we should have smacked their arses with the chances we created.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:07 pm Outside our first XI we are weakened imo!

Byrama, Summerville & Kamara, Rutter & Piroe have been brilliant for us. We lost some balance when Byram went off in the 54th minute as we had two players Coops & Firpo who hadn't played together, make it three when Anthony replaced Summerville.

Then with 16 minutes to go, the pace of our side was gone as Summerville & James off were replaced with Anthony & Gnonto (completely out of his form of last season). I knew from that point on, it was going to be nerve-wracking finale, it seemed we were playing with no midfield, even though we had ten men behind the ball. Even though the pilgrims didn't look dangerous, it was only a matter of time before they would score as we backed off & allowed them to play.
With six minutes of added-on-time, on comes Bamford to hold onto the ball I assume, not the case, Greve came on to do a bit of running around I guess, by that time I was tearing my hair out with our unbalanced team & the loss of command & composure we had in the first-half.

That's twice we have battered a team & lost our way in the 2nd half at consecutive games at ER, Huddersfield was fine as we were 4 up, a game isn't won with a two goal lead.
Jeez Sid how long have you been watching the game ?

Every single team in the world including Citeh, Liverpool, Madrid and Barcelona are not as strong without their BEST eleven, what do you want blood ?.

He has now found what he considers his best 11 from all the scraps he picked up and the buys that came in, it's taken him a number of weeks to get there by trying different combinations and trial and error. That doesn't mean he's happy and this is his final team btw. But it's the best 11 from what he's currently got for how he wants to play.
Who would you say his key players are ?

Klopp reached his final 11 all over the park a couple of years ago when they looked indestructible for a year or so until one by one (Mane etc), little by little it started to unravel and he's had to replace (with £millions btw) and try and get the new lot gelling together, and some just can't hit it off together or play how he's asking, so they're going through a leaner period than usual by the standards he's set until it ALL clicks, but they're still ok coz it's multi million pound players he's playing around with.

Need i go on ?

Ok, i will.

It looks like he's now decided that James and Jimmy are his wingers to start, and look what that's doing to Gnonto, he wants to fck off.

That's what happens, you just cannot keep all your best players happy unless you've got £millions to keep them on the bench, how happy dya think KP is on the bench at Citeh ? I bet he's a lot happier there with £150k a week in his skyrocket.

Every team is feckin weaker without the managers first 11, every team has a weaker bench, and at a team like Leeds atm it's feckin hardwork keeping a squad happy or attracting talent. Ffs when Bert had to do without his key players WE WERE WEAKER tha knows, it ain't rocket science.

If Ayling now played a game coz Archie was out for a week, we'd probably get by, similar to the LC/PS situation yesterday, but if you throw in a number of changes throughout the team, are you seriously expecting them to perform the same !!! ???

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:24 pm I still think we were sloppy in the second-half, Paul.
Why ?

Go on nail it for me - Why were we sloppy ? What did you see ?

;@)
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:45 pm There's another thing that needs a second look at as well, was it when Byram went off that we started to slide ? Did the connection going forward with Jimmy and Kamara go off ?

All things to analyse.
Have a look at their goal. Along the back line there are 3 of our defenders all in a nice line. Missing is Firpo. He is 15 yards inside our half near the touchline as Plymouth try to move forward just inside their half. What Firpo is doing Lord only knows as there is no Plymouth player within 20 yards of him and he is static. Behind him there is a vast expanse of turf into which one of their men runs chased by Amdapu who misses his block as the ball is fed into the 6 yard box. Firpo ambles back but it's all too late! One more touch and the ball is in the net. No idea how to defend and / or complete loss of concentration. Take your pick :rant: :rant: :rant: This is typical Firpo - no positional sense and clueless on how to defend.

As for Byram, good as he has been for us, this is another match he has failed to finish
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

PhoenixUnited wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:54 am Have a look at their goal. Along the back line there are 3 of our defenders all in a nice line. Missing is Firpo. He is 15 yards inside our half near the touchline as Plymouth try to move forward just inside their half. What Firpo is doing Lord only knows as there is no Plymouth player within 20 yards of him and he is static. Behind him there is a vast expanse of turf into which one of their men runs chased by Amdapu who misses his block as the ball is fed into the 6 yard box. Firpo ambles back but it's all too late! One more touch and the ball is in the net. No idea how to defend and / or complete loss of concentration. Take your pick :rant: :rant: :rant: This is typical Firpo - no positional sense and clueless on how to defend.

As for Byram, good as he has been for us, this is another match he has failed to finish
Well there you go Sid ^

All these things need analysing and hopefully DF is going over the game again.

Yip, we need strengthening all over the place if we are to aim higher, eBygum is a temporary fix.

Why did Plymouth come into the game when they did ? What had happened ? Was it something they did ? A combination of things ?
They're bound to have some play surely ? Did they throw 4 up front ? How long does it take to figure out ? Did you spot it on the ground Sid/ anybody ? 3 at the back ? 5 midfielders ?...Had Firpo's position fcked it ? Was Jimmy tired ?...Who was beginning to slack ? Kamara ?...Will the introduction of Anthony help ?...." Oh fck ! That's a complete new left side Firpo + Anthony, what if Kamara's fcked as well ???" ..." Oh s**t James is looking tired, WILLY ! get warmed up ffs ! "....." Oh fcking hell they've scored! Bambi get warmed up "...."Holy Jesus Ampadu's down holding his knee, ffs HEY ! Gruev get warmed up ffs, all hands to the pump !! "

I've no idea why we might've lost our way a little :duno:

;@)