Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by DDB220 »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:55 pm Yeah, enough of this fish s***.

Bass turds.
I am going to cut it out now like a top brain sturgeon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:25 pm I am going to cut it out now like a top brain sturgeon.
It’s boring on here tonight I’m off out for a pint with my mate Zander. He’s a pikey
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:37 pm It’s boring on here tonight I’m off out for a pint with my mate Zander. He’s a pikey
Top darts - two in a roe
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

JoeDenver wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:20 pm Find a link that works? Can’t get anything off YouTube or SkySports
This is the link I found, Joe, but for me the video gets replaced with the message, "This video is not available in your location."

Source: https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/ ... 3943452728
In Farke we trust...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:23 pm Not the fans - there are plenty of fans with a proper perspective, but the opposition coach Rarely admits that the opposition were the better team as in most cases it underlines their perceived failure.
They will either blame the ref, VAR or that the result did not reflect the game etc - no shortage of repetitive excuses.

The exceptions are generally a coach with principles like Bielsa or a successful coach who is held in high regard by their respective fanbase like Pep.
Coaches talking nonsense when they lose is common as you say.

But then saying Sunderland were better when Leicester beat them is daft.

Even if he was talking about Sunderland press better, thats also nonsense as we have officially the most successful and intense press in the league by ppda.

He seems to be annoyed we changed tactic and he didn't know what to do.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:59 pm Coaches talking nonsense when they lose is common as you say.

But then saying Sunderland were better when Leicester beat them is daft.

Even if he was talking about Sunderland press better, thats also nonsense as we have officially the most successful and intense press in the league by ppda.

He seems to be annoyed we changed tactic and he didn't know what to do.

His argument was that Sundeland's press was more sustained, which it may have been but it wasn't as effective. As Farke said, it's about knowing when to press and when not to. Sometimes you have to let them have the ball, but we generally controlled the areas they had the ball in pretty well.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:05 pm His argument was that Sundeland's press was more sustained, which it may have been but it wasn't as effective. As Farke said, it's about knowing when to press and when not to. Sometimes you have to let them have the ball, but we generally controlled the areas they had the ball in pretty well.
Exactly it's an irrelevant comment to make.

We have the best press in the league officially, we showed it at times vs Leicester but also showed an adaptability Leicester didn't.

It's a pointless comment to distract from his own tactical limitations.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:36 pm He's deluded.

We had a higher xG than Sunderland did as well so clearly attacked better.

We've also got the 2nd youngest average squad age.

He's just bitter his style was worked out and he had nothing else without the advantage of just having better players.
I can't think of another team starting a 17 year old every week. Our average age went up due to Ayling and Bamfraud coming on for 5 mins or so.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:49 pm This is the link I found, Joe, but for me the video gets replaced with the message, "This video is not available in your location."

Source: https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/ ... 3943452728
Yeah, saw that one. Thanks Ash! I’m going to scour dailymotion and some of the other alternative sites. Will post if I find something…
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

JoeDenver wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:22 pm I concur Paul. And thought Gruev was a nice surprise in his brief cameo. I like Anthony as the first substitute on the wing. I realize he had a game to forget against Stoke, but I think he’s more committed than Willy at the moment.
I don't disagree with that Joe.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:56 pm It's great for the fans when you can see the players giving it their all for the team and their place in it, you give your manager a performance where he can't drop you other than a rest.

DF has stated this more than once, and only the dumb don't take it onboard, we all know some of our players like James can be frustrating, but playing him, then benching him, then playing him for 30 mins just doesn't help, both Jimmy and James have earned their place now through some 100% commitment, knuckling down getting on with the managers requests and getting some support from the terraces who can see it. They're gonna have some off games as well but they've still earned that next start until the off games become too frequent and they've hit a bad spell of form, or some eager fcker gets his chance from the bench, ceases his chance and plays out of his skin.

There's nowt like competition for places, it keeps them all on their toes, PB knows now he's in a queue, he's reaching an age where he's not long left, if i was him and had some common sense i'd be feckin itching to get on and give it 110%, Gruev should be itching and especially Gnonto, let your feet feckin talk and not your gob.

There's bags of potential and room for improvement in the likes of James and Jimmy in the right hands, but they've got to be prepared to listen and learn for the next 5 years and take onboard for each game what the manager is asking them to do for that particular opponent.

I'd love Jimmy to get a call up for the Dutch squad this time :tup:
I think with Dan James the desire to learn and improve has always been there. You can see it in his attitude and the way he works.
He is also a full Welsh International which gives him a perspective that others NOT playing international matches don't have. I think he is shaping up to be a big success story. Whether that translates to the Premier League someday is yet to be determined.

Summerville is benefitting from this time in the Championship. He is a guy that showed flashes in the Premier League. But now he has a chance to be dominant for a bit and learn what that feels like and means. To be THE MAN on your squad. I think it is a major positive that he decided early on to stick it out with Leeds. I hope he stays a long time and earns that opportunity with the Dutch National Team.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

I think we reached the same consensus--his best performance of the season :love:

Source: https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1720883 ... gr%5Etweet
In Farke we trust...
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

JoeDenver wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:38 pm Yeah, saw that one. Thanks Ash! I’m going to scour dailymotion and some of the other alternative sites. Will post if I find something…
Please do, Joe--thanks!
In Farke we trust...
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Post by geronimo »

James is playing well under farke at championship level but he ain't premier League quality there is an old saying you can't put in what god's left out
Summerville will definitely move up another level and in all probability it won't be with Leeds barring promotion
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:18 am Please do, Joe--thanks!
Looked everywhere and couldn’t find anything. Maybe I’ll email sky and see if they can do us a solid…
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Just watched the highlights. Dewsbury-Hall had Ayling pinned down for THAT jump and Mes save. Ayling wasn't to blame, should have been a free kick.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:07 am Just watched the highlights. Dewsbury-Hall had Ayling pinned down for THAT jump and Mes save. Ayling wasn't to blame, should have been a free kick.
Being generous I think Swannie

Ayling was ball watching, misjudged the flight of the ball, couldn't move his feet in time and by the time he had Dewsbury-Hall had got up above him.

Could well be the take on the matter, Ayling can't defend efficiently any more!
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:07 am Just watched the highlights. Dewsbury-Hall had Ayling pinned down for THAT jump and Mes save. Ayling wasn't to blame, should have been a free kick.
I hadn't seen that, watching it again Dewsbury-Hall's hands were on Ayling's right shoulder.

After last night's fiasco decision at St James Park, I doubt it would be deemed a foul if VAR existed in the championship.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:33 am Being generous I think Swannie

Ayling was ball watching, misjudged the flight of the ball, couldn't move his feet in time and by the time he had Dewsbury-Hall had got up above him
Could well be the take on the matter, Ayling can't defend efficiently any more!
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:17 am Could well be the take on the matter, Ayling can't defend efficiently any more!
Any more??

he was always on the wromg side of the pitch