Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Match Thread Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Ellandback1 »

Friday 3rd November 8:00pm | King Power Stadium

Leeds face their toughest challenge of the season, when they visit the King Power Stadium on Friday evening, home of high flying Leicester City. Checking the live football scores every week it's a bit disheartening watching them notch up another win. The Foxes are in devastating form, having picked up an unprecedented 39 out of a possible 42 points, but face a dangerous Leeds team, more than capable of creating an upset. With 14 points already separating them, this has to be the ideal time for Daniel Farke's White army to try and close the gap.

Leeds have only beaten Fridays opponents twice in the last eleven meetings, the last time being an impressive 3-1 away win in January 2021, courtesy of goals from Dallas, Bamford and Harrison. They last met (at Elland Road) in April where they played out a one - one draw. Bamford missed a glorious chance from two yards out, which could have changed the complexion of the back end of last season

After a less than convincing performance against QPR, Enzo Maresca is likely to recall Ricardo Pereira and Wout Faes to the heart of his defence, whilst Kelechi Iheanacho may get the nod over Jamie Vardy up front. Winger Kasey McAteer has shaken off his hamstring strain, but may have to settle for a place on the bench. Wilfred Ndidi is ruled out with a muscular injury, allowing Cesare Casadei to retain his place in midfield.

Joe Rodon, Crysencio Summerville and Sam Byram have all recovered from knocks, The trio returned to training on Wednesday, and barring any reaction, should make the trip to the East Midlands. Joe Gelhardt broke his hand in training on Wednesday, but probably wouldn't have featured anyway. Junior Firpo may finally make the bench on Friday, but fans will have to wait until after the next International break to see Djed Spence in action. Stuart Dallas is continuing to make gradual progress back to first team action.

New season VPN offer! Get NordVPN with 62% off + 3 months free...

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

Same team, keep it settled unless Gray at RB for Shack.

Leicester were nowhere near as ruffled as we were at the start of the season, still had a good few proven Prem players.

So this is a proper test for how far DF has come, I feel Leicester are gonna win, but a win for us wouldn't surprise me if he plays to our strengths, just hoping the optimistic stuffing for the season ain't knocked out of me come final whistle.

I feel leicester will pound our flanks, and that that's where the contest will be won and lost, winning back possession fast will be key, we need a lot of players covering as much grass as possible, and hopefully no stupid mistakes or gifts.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Carrick Dave wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:56 am One of the clickbait sites arguing that Bamford should start against Leicester as his pressing will help contain their playing out from the back, something Piroe doesn’t offer, with a chance we might get a turnover goal from regaining possession high up the pitch.

Tenuous, but I see the logic.

Being dropped as a starter for a game might give Piroe a small boot up the jacksey and focus his attention.

Any takers?

Yeah i'd take it, i've actually been waiting to see it, but after the 4-1 battering of Hudds i can't see it happening from the start.

But it would be a statement for sure, and it wouldn't bother me one bit, PB does run that line good up top, and Rutter's workrate behind could cause some bother.

I don't think he'll start with it, but depending on the game, i think we'll see it at some point.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:07 am I couldn't find an away one :)
More the ‘Premier League’ 🙂
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Am thinking this will be the contest where Farke finally plays Piroe in the 9 spot and Rutter at the 10 spot. Don’t bet on it, but one can dream…
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
BlancdeBlanc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BlancdeBlanc »

Long shot request… I recall a poster being familiar with Malaga, which is where I am now, just wondered if they could recommend a good pub to watch the match in? I’ve wandered about a bit but not seen any advertising the match yet. Cheers!
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

I'll be watching this one at the home of the famous Bergen Whites, if any BWs happen to lurk on the forum please come and say hello.

I shouldn't be hard to spot. 8-)
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Carrick Dave wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:32 pm I'll be watching this one at the home of the famous Bergen Whites, if any BWs happen to lurk on the forum please come and say hello.

I shouldn't be hard to spot. 8-)
Are you sporting a Blue, Yellow and White Mohican 😃😃😃
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

I hope it’s not the tactics used against an average Stoke side.

It took until the second half to get going. If we do the same tomorrow , Leicester could be out of site come the half time whistle.

I think we need Gray in midfield so we can have some semblance of control.
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Post by geronimo »

Well Ipswich are away to Wayne Rooneys Birmingham this weekend if that ain't a gimme I don't know what is 😁
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

BlancdeBlanc wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:20 pm Long shot request… I recall a poster being familiar with Malaga, which is where I am now, just wondered if they could recommend a good pub to watch the match in? I’ve wandered about a bit but not seen any advertising the match yet. Cheers!
One of the Malaga Whites has a bar called Bar64. I don't know if it still operates, but he will know where to watch the match locally - @holmes_mick
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

BlancdeBlanc wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:20 pm Long shot request… I recall a poster being familiar with Malaga, which is where I am now, just wondered if they could recommend a good pub to watch the match in? I’ve wandered about a bit but not seen any advertising the match yet. Cheers!
I have sent him a tweet too.
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Vardy eats his half time ciggie when Patrick Bamford scores a penalty
IMG_20231102_115416.jpg
Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

BlancdeBlanc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BlancdeBlanc »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:03 pm I have sent him a tweet too.
Thanks Elland, that’s great! We got tickets for the Malaga vs Cordoba local derby on Sunday but won’t be the same as watching us trounce Leicester :tup: :)
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Barlow Boy wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:36 pm Are you sporting a Blue, Yellow and White Mohican 😃😃😃
More a wizened leprechaun Kev. :lol:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

BlancdeBlanc wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:50 pm Thanks Elland, that’s great! We got tickets for the Malaga vs Cordoba local derby on Sunday but won’t be the same as watching us trounce Leicester :tup: :)
Malaga Whites are based in a bar in Benalmadena. It’s at Sangsters bar really near the train station in Arroyo De La Miel.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Carrick Dave wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:57 pm More a wizened leprechaun Kev. :lol:
😂😂😂
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Getting ready for tomorrow's match:
Source: https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1720144 ... eds-united
In Farke we trust...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white