Leeds vs Huddersfield MOTM

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds vs Huddersfield MOTM

Post by 1964white »

The non-love in for Rodon continues....

I can't recall Jamie making a goal-saving tackle, in fact Joe saved Shacks blushes.

Rodon had 36 positive actions more than treble Shacks contribution, with no mistakes/negatives in Rodon's game whatsoever!

Our best defender without a shadow of doubt, immense performance!

Our defence will cave in if he misses the Leicester game.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:07 pm The non-love in for Rodon continues....

I can't recall Jamie making a goal-saving tackle, in fact Joe saved Shacks blushes.

Rodon had 36 positive actions more than treble Shacks contribution, with no mistakes/negatives in Rodon's game whatsoever!

Our best defender without a shadow of doubt, immense performance!

Our defence will cave in if he misses the Leicester game.
Maybe there were just too many excellent performances Leon....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:14 pm Maybe there were just too many excellent performances Leon....
There were Swannie, but after viewing the game again, Rodon produced a perfect display whilst other around him made errors.

Byram & Struijk were above Shacks on my reckoning, so albeit Shacks having a decent game, I'm unsure why he was such a popular choice.

Rodon is our new Ben White, but certainly doesn't receive the same plaudits as the Arsenal star.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:14 pm Maybe there were just too many excellent performances Leon....
Anyway my upcoming ratings will show how highly I rated Joe Rodon.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:27 pm There were Swannie, but after viewing the game again, Rodon produced a perfect display whilst other around him made errors.

Byram & Struijk were above Shacks on my reckoning, so albeit Shacks having a decent game, I'm unsure why he was such a popular choice.

Rodon is our new Ben White, but certainly doesn't receive the same plaudits as the Arsenal star.
I didn't think Shackleton had a great game. He was off it in the first 20 minutes. But settled down later. I suppose he gets points for being able tp slot in and do a job at a number of positions. And for his energy and effort. I've had high hopes for Shacks ever since he broke in under Bielsa. But watching the Huddersfield game, I get the feeling that he probably won't develop into more than a championship squad player.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds vs Huddersfield MOTM - I'm staggered Rodon is not in the first 6 with some of our voters!

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Summerville
Rutter
James
Strujik
Rodon
Kamara (coin flip between him , Byram and Ampadu for 6th spot)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:39 pm I didn't think Shackleton had a great game. He was off it in the first 20 minutes. But settled down later. I suppose he gets points for being able tp slot in and do a job at a number of positions. And for his energy and effort. I've had high hopes for Shacks ever since he broke in under Bielsa. But watching the Huddersfield game, I get the feeling that he probably won't develop into more than a championship squad player.
Shacks played well & grew into the game, but he probably only bettered Meslier & our subs imo!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:27 pm There were Swannie, but after viewing the game again, Rodon produced a perfect display whilst other around him made errors.

I thought Shacks had a good game, had him basically in line with Byram, Rodon etc and was a coin toss between them in my top 6.

In hindsight maybe that tackle from Rodon edged it.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:34 pm I thought Shacks had a good game, had him basically in line with Byram, Rodon etc and was a coin toss between them in my top 6.

In hindsight maybe that tackle from Rodon edged it.
More than just one sublime tackle, mate.

Roden had 36 decent actions of play, compared to 13 for Shacks. Jamie also made three errors, Joe was nigh on perfect.

If you have a peep on Twitter, I do a similar analysis to LUFCDATA - he has done stats on Summerville, James, Rutter, Kamara, Rodon, Ampadu, Byram & Struijk. No stats on Shackleton as there is clearly not enough in comparison to the eight I've mentioned.
1964white

Re: Leeds vs Huddersfield MOTM - I'm staggered Rodon is not in the first 6 from some of our voters!

Post by 1964white »

So all the Shackleton voters not contesting my reasoning.

Sometimes it's like having a conversation with the man on the moon on here, unless it's with Geronimo :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds vs Huddersfield MOTM - I'm staggered Rodon is not in the first 6 from some of our voters!

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:41 pm So all the Shackleton voters not contesting my reasoning.

Sometimes it's like having a conversation with the man on the moon on here, unless it's with Geronimo :lol:
You really don't me to bite ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:29 pm Anyway my upcoming ratings will show how highly I rated Joe Rodon.
I rated him very highly as well (8.5/10 which is, in retrospect, probably a bit low). He dominated along the back. They never looked like scoring as long as Rodon was in the game.

We absolutely have to have him ready for Leicester if we're going to win.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:16 pm I rated him very highly as well (8.5/10 which is, in retrospect, probably a bit low). He dominated along the back. They never looked like scoring as long as Rodon was in the game.

We absolutely have to have him ready for Leicester if we're going to win.
Indeed John :tup: we looked a little jittery with Ayling & Cooper in the back four, even though we were not under much pressure!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:09 pm You really don't me to bite ...
You should do.

I'm surprised you called it wrong mate, unlike you!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:18 pm You should do.

I'm surprised you called it wrong mate, unlike you!
I didn't..Rodon played an hour scored an 8, Shack played 90 minutes in 2 different positions and got an 8, it's an opinion. I gave them both 8's

I stand by that, It's why Rutter got my MOTM because he was as influential as Cry but played further into the match
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:39 pm I didn't..Rodon played an hour scored an 8, Shack played 90 minutes in 2 different positions and got an 8, it's an opinion. I gave them both 8's

I stand by that, It's why Rutter got my MOTM because he was as influential as Cry but played further into the match
:tup: :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Huddersfield Town
87 Rutter
84 Summerville
62 James
43 Kamara
25 Ampadu
19 Rodon