Leeds Utd v Huddersfield - Post Match Discussion

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Match Thread - Still to watch....

Post by Kennyb41 »

Like i've always said about DJ - Bert saw him for Swansea v us and thought 'that lad could be handy to work on'....Then the clown went about his work.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Any update on Rodon? Have I missed something elsewhere?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

lufc1304 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:29 pm Any update on Rodon? Have I missed something elsewhere?
I haven’t seen anything, suspect we will have to wait for the Leicester presser.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

Barlow Boy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:32 pm I haven’t seen anything, suspect we will have to wait for the Leicester presser.
Maybe a good sign, Ken, suspect we'd have heard something if it was serious. Hope so, anyway, big blow if he's missing for the biggest game of the season so far.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:32 pm I haven’t seen anything, suspect we will have to wait for the Leicester presser.
Imagine if Cooper starts?

No chance of our right-sided Cresswell being selected he's not even been on the bench in our recent matches.

Starting Coops would mean making two changes in that position, as Farke would no doubt switch Pascal to the right-side :roll:

Still believe it was a penalty when Coops dived in for that tackle at the kop end, fans around me held their breath.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

lufc1304 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:35 pm Maybe a good sign, Ken, suspect we'd have heard something if it was serious. Hope so, anyway, big blow if he's missing for the biggest game of the season so far.
I didn’t think it looked too bad to be honest, more of a bang when he made that great tackle, then knocked it again later on on the game. He didn’t go straight down the tunnel either, just took his place in the dug out.

Fingers crossed he’s fine for the game 🙏🙏🙏
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:47 pm Imagine if Cooper starts?

No chance of our right-sided Cresswell being selected he's not even been on the bench in our recent matches.

Starting Coops would mean making two changes in that position, as Farke would no doubt switch Pascal to the right-side :roll:

Still believe it was a penalty when Coops dived in for that tackle at the kop end, fans around me held their breath.
With his weird away style switch Cresswell is one of his oddest decisions.

Most managers loathe to play two cbs of the same preference for best foot.

Jamie Carragher I think it was did a thing on it for Sky recently, makes everything harder for the player.

But having given CC a new deal he's been completely sidelined.

With DF making Struijk worse by switching him to the right and our left side worse with Cooper giving everyone heart attacks
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by Orange Box »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:52 pm First up I think this was a brilliant, well thought out & honest post. I reckon I was the poster who put up “ where are all the James haters now “ but it was an off the cuff remark during the game when adrenaline was high & not meant to offend anyone so apologies if it came across differently. You said yourself you jousted with mates about who was s**t & who wasn’t and joined in the banter about Everton and I would bet your comments weren’t meant to put people off posting or offend them.
You made a good point about eyeball contact & context being lost on a screen, if 50 people read some of the posts on this forum there would 50 different interpretations ranging from downright abuse to someone having a laugh and all shades in between.
I’ve attended the corporate side in the Centenary Pavilion but certainly don’t have money falling out of my pockets. Talking to the other people who do go down that route 90% are working class Joe Bloggs who can’t get a ticket any other way and have maybe saved up for a one off experience or whose family have clubbed together for a special occasion.
Cheers Cuss, I had no idea who the James comment was from, so if it was you thats ok, I wanted to say feck off (but the other version) at the time I saw it but was enjoying the game so didn't want to miss a minute, plus the fact I stated, it would no doubt be viewed as offending or argumentative. Thats my point in a nutshell, at a game or in the pub you tell your mate to feck off and he tells you to feck off back and then tells you its your round and its gone. On a forum it's not gone, it's there for ever and for anybody to pick back at you. <especially those evil mods ;-) >

I think I'm going to put a disclaimer at the start of every game that every post for the next couple of hours is not to be taken seriously. :)

Im defo going to do a corporate this season, just have to start saving my pennies.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:32 am Are you still too nervous to watch our games, Swannie?
Sometimes. I'll watch on TV (maybe) but I don't stream so depend on everyone on here.....
I'm also like OB, clueless about numbers and formations!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:35 pm Maybe a good sign, Ken, suspect we'd have heard something if it was serious. Hope so, anyway, big blow if he's missing for the biggest game of the season so far.
I think we can cover his loss, but I've a feeling we wouldn't cover his loss.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

More thoughts on the game after watching the game for a second-time

Can't remember the last time I saw Leeds score three goals in 14 minutes.

Stunning first 45 minutes

Two goals & two assists for Summerville.

Two wonderful goals for Dan James, loved the way he fired the shot across the keeper into the corner of the net.

Georginio's sublime pass for Summerville first goal.

Georginio makes me smile everytime he is on the ball, involved in three of the goals, also the Piroe offside goal too. Rutter's work rate is phenomenal.

Rodon fantastic goal saving tackle.

Rutter & Summerville are worth the gate-money alone.

Huddersfield tried to upset our rhythm by winning the toss & making us play towards the kop in the first-half

Great to see all four goals at the kop end.

No yellow cards given to Leeds.

The dark side

Second-half was like watching a training session, an anti-climax & was a bit of a bore !

Meslier emulating Gary Sprake's antics.

Ayling & Cooper on as subs & our defence appeared shakier without being under pressure.

Cooper's tackle looked like a stonewall penalty on a second viewing.

Hogg, Edwards, Lees, Thomas & Nakayama all could have walked for crude challenges & repeat fouling on Summerville, Rutter, James, Ampadu & Rodon. The dog botherers were fortunate to get away with just four yellow cards.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:41 pm Sometimes. I'll watch on TV (maybe) but I don't stream so depend on everyone on here.....
I'm also like OB, clueless about numbers and formations!
I couldn't do that, Swannie.

I moved back to Yorkshire, to avoid all the long trips from the south watching Leeds at ER.

You missing out not watching Leeds especially this season, apart from the odd blip, a joy to watch :-D
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield - Post Match Discussion

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

The extended highlights for anyone who's interested:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Los32yKP2ow
In Farke we trust...
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

That lump at the back, edwards was really a pub player, got skinned everytime, bet he couldn't wait to be subbed.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:22 pm That lump at the back, edwards was really a pub player, got skinned everytime, bet he couldn't wait to be subbed.
On loan from Stoke, apparently.

Huddersfield fans don't want him to wear their shirt again.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:44 pm I think we can cover his loss, but I've a feeling we wouldn't cover his loss.
Cresswell the natural replacement but he's the invisible man!
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:22 pm That lump at the back, edwards was really a pub player, got skinned everytime, bet he couldn't wait to be subbed.
They had more than just 1 that wouldn't get in a decent Pub side, they were kickers and atrocious at that.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:55 am They had more than just 1 that wouldn't get in a decent Pub side, they were kickers and atrocious at that.
As I mentioned in my post above, I named five of their dogs that could have walked.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

After that performance against the Terriers, Rutter, Summerville, and James all made the Sky Bet Championship Team of the Week:
Source: https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1719355 ... eds-united
In Farke we trust...