Norwich City V Leeds Utd - Match Thread - Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Match Thread Norwich City V Leeds Utd - Match Thread - Post Match Debate

Post by Ellandback1 »

Saturday 21st October 3:00pm | Carrow Road

Daniel Farke returns to his old stomping ground for the first time in almost two years when Leeds Utd visit Carrow Road on Saturday afternoon. It will be 714 day since the German received his P45; yet he still holds a special place in the hearts of many Norwich fans, who remember the success he bought to East Anglia, under his tenure. Only two points and as many places separates the two teams, with a possible leap up to third place (for either team), being the reward for the winning team.

Just to add fire to the furness, Adam Forshaw and Sam Byram return to play against their respective former clubs, and with Junior Firpo not yet match fit, (Byram) looks likely to start at left back. Stuart Dallas too, will have to watch from the sidelines, but has at least retuned back to full training with the squad, after recovering from the knock he recently picked up in training.

Wilfred Gnonto has recovered from his broken ankle, and returned to Thorp Arch last weekend. He is expected to travel down to East Anglia, but having been sidelined for a month, may have to settle for a place on the bench, in favour of Jaidon Anthony. Djed Spence has tentatively recovered from his knee injury, but is a couple of weeks shy from first team football. Fit again Jamie Shackleton will challenge Luke Ayling for the No 2 shirt.

The last time these two sides played, Leeds, ably assisted by Bielsa, completed the double (2-1 both times). That same season, the Canaries returned back to the Championship having only recorded 22 points during their entire 21/22 campaign. Overall the two sides have met 61 times, with Leeds taking the spoils on 24 occasions, Norwich winning on 20 and honours shared 17 times.

New season VPN offer! Get NordVPN with 62% off + 3 months free...

Last edited by Ellandback1 on Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Norwich City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Much too soon for Norwich, but still great to see Dallas back in full training with the squad:
Source: https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1715065 ... gr%5Etweet
In Farke we trust...
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Can’t believe this is only the 12th game of the season dam int breaks breaking up the flow, still got one more to get out the way this year! Norwich 1 win in 5, is it a good time to play them? Not sure really, if we turn up it could be straightforward but the Southampton game has left me wary again. I dont want to get carried away with must win situations yet but with Ipswich playing Rotherham tonight we can’t afford to keep giving ground away to top 2
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

For me

Meslier
Gray
Byram
Ampadu
Rodon
Struijk *
Summerville
Kamara
Rutter
Piroe
Anthony
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

A tough long away game, will be difficult, winnable, but we only need look at southampton result to remind ourselves that a teams last 5 games mean nothing at all, don't rely on form.
With the weather being like it is, it will be a wet and windy affair, home advantage without doubt, we need to concentrate fully.
Was going down this afternoon, but decided against it, driving all that way in t' rain, then what if it's cancelled later today, will leave it till tomorrow morning now.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

26m.50s in for five minute preview, for our game vs Norwich.

1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:48 am A tough long away game, will be difficult, winnable, but we only need look at southampton result to remind ourselves that a teams last 5 games mean nothing at all, don't rely on form.
With the weather being like it is, it will be a wet and windy affair, home advantage without doubt, we need to concentrate fully.
Was going down this afternoon, but decided against it, driving all that way in t' rain, then what if it's cancelled later today, will leave it till tomorrow morning now.
Don't blame you Mental, always carnage on the roads on a Friday, will be even worse today.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:35 am For me

Meslier
Gray
Byram
Ampadu
Rodon
Struijk *
Summerville
Kamara
Rutter
Piroe
Anthony
I'd do with that line-up :tup: Farke may select james ahead of Anthony.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Won't be an easy game.

Norwich's home form is actually better than ours with as many points in less home games.

Only lost once and that was to Leicester and they were unlucky as well having 15 shots to 10.

Our away form is patchy and I don't really like the way Farke sets us up away from home.

We are much more defensive, much less aggressive in the press and its caused problems (Southampton for one).

We need to be front foot, of he sets us up as he did vs Southampton we could lose this one and we really need to string together 5 or 6 wins at this stage.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

These two like Leeds

They were quite kind to us when were, :poo: in the Premier League.

12m.35s into the clip

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:31 am I'd do with that line-up :tup: Farke may select james ahead of Anthony.
It is a toss up tbf..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:38 am Won't be an easy game.

Norwich's home form is actually better than ours with as many points in less home games.

Only lost once and that was to Leicester and they were unlucky as well having 15 shots to 10.

Our away form is patchy and I don't really like the way Farke sets us up away from home.

We are much more defensive, much less aggressive in the press and its caused problems (Southampton for one).

We need to be front foot, of he sets us up as he did vs Southampton we could lose this one and we really need to string together 5 or 6 wins at this stage.
Agreed, realistically a point is excellent and Norwich start slight favourites. First goal will be important
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Post by geronimo »

I wonder if Delia will be inviting Daniel up to the directors box for a cup.of tea and a slice of homemade cake
come on Daniel Let's be having ya 😆
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Used to see Delia & her other half in Waitrose quite often. She lives in Norfolk. Lettsbeigh Avenue I believe.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Archie must be considered an integral part of the team seeing as he played all 3, all 3 were draws with the last game being vital for qualification, goes a bit of the way to explain why he played in all 3...

https://www.englandfootball.com/article ... t-20231710
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:28 pm Used to see Delia & her other half in Waitrose quite often. She lives in Norfolk. Lettsbeigh Avenue I believe.
😆 Never forget that when she came on at half time tanked up she must have been on the cooking sherry 😆
CALll yourselves fushball slurpporters 😁
I can shout louder than that nearly swallowing microphone at tsame time 😁
Let's be having ya 😁
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:58 am Agreed, realistically a point is excellent and Norwich start slight favourites. First goal will be important
I think if top 2 is the target as it should be a point isn't excellent anymore

Don't have that luxury until we are back within a point or two of the top 2.

Expecting it to be called off anyway
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

Cjay wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:52 pm I think if top 2 is the target as it should be a point isn't excellent anymore

Don't have that luxury until we are back within a point or two of the top 2.

Expecting it to be called off anyway
Leicester ain't going to drop many points all season we ain't consistent enough to string half a dozen wins together our form is too patchy and the gap even at this early stage of the season is huge already
Tomorrow is definitely a must win game anything else is no good whatsoever
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Won’t be called off. Suns out here now. Either that or I’ve had too much beer.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Remember this :-D always enjoyed my visits to Carrow Road.