Leeds Utd 2-1 Bristol City - Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd 2-1 Bristol City - Post Match Debate

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:26 am I've been in the middle of my move to Arizona this week. It seems I've missed a couple of nice wins. Can't comment on the substance because I've not watched them. But I'll take 6 points all day long. Looking forward to getting back into the mix here after the International break. MOT!!
Your insights have been missed, Paul. Hope the move went well :)
In Farke we trust...
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:49 am Thats a bit below the belt, do you honestly think thats what I'd prefer, I'd expect a comment like that from people with less intellect than yourself.
Yes Farke does know better, but even he is prone to mistakes.
Did anyone including Farke know at the time he needed an ice pack and was taken off as a precautionary, or was he simply taking him off to shoehorn bamford on AGAIN!!
Yes i'd say he did, perhaps not in so many words, but there was a instance where Rutter ended a chase not far off the corner flag and rested his hands on his knees bent over and looked towards the bench as if to say 'im fuckin knackered boss"

And any manager that doesn't notice how much graft a player has done is feckin dumb imo, there are a number of reasons to introduce PB for Rutter with 15 to go or whatever it was, and i can't believe we've got someone complaining about that obvious decision, wasn't this our third game in a week, is he one of our current best .....etc etc etc, it's not like DF is completely weakening the side putting PB up front for a run out.

Jeez, Leeds fans huh :roll:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Pullhard wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:09 pm Bamford clearly needs minutes
If Piroe gets injured or hits some bad form, we will be thankful that Bamford is getting game time now.
When Rodrigo got injured last season we had no options … don’t want James through the middle again
Yes, and Joffy was also given a chance he didn't cease at the start of the season.

See it for what it is, he probably isn't good enough in the eyes of 'The Manager' of The team.

And that's not just 1 manager, it's now multiple managers, Joffy has had some skilful individual moments during his time at Leeds, but his overall contribution is found wanting in a 'team'

Read between the lines of DF's actions, we can now plainly see that Luke is not part of his plans going forward, he's ok to be here for the rest of the season coz he knows what he'll get from him, but he'll be shipped out asap at the end, that probably goes for LC too.

CC is another he doesn't think good enough.

It ain't rocket science to see these things, like him naming 2 keepers on the bench etc, the messages are there.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:37 pm Yea, I appreciate that Ian, and agree, we do have a glut of rich talent, like you say, IF, teams come calling with the right amount, I'm not overly bothered if some go.
It's been a long long time since we've had this amount of quality in depth and there's more to come in when they're fit.
I just can't help feel we don't really need to keep making the subs, yesterday definately killed our momentum in the forward line, but I'm not the one needing to keep them all happy.

Ok i understand where you're coming from in that, but we don't know the instructions about seeing the win out etc in the remaining minutes, we weren't chasing the game don't forget.

Making the wrong subs aggravates me to fck as well, but Rutter/Bamford Saturday was just common sense stuff all round, they're very similar types as well,

Disrupting your defence or balance or something stupid then ok, but up front 2-1 up and like for like, i just don't see your problem other than 'give Joffy minutes'

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:43 pm Maybe so. He looked a lot livelier last game. Maybe it's because he only got 10 minutes and was hoping for another 30+ minute run out.
Or the backlash from the keeper incident affected him .... He is human after all, not a robot like most fans think players are.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Bristol City Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:11 am At least Pascal lost the ponytail--makes him a little less swashbuckling. I think you're right about the ball, but if I'm not mistaken it was a volleyball--now that's something I might be able to complete with :oops:

Tell your wife the next time she mentions "Wilson" this is all she gets for Christmas:

I looked like that on Sunday morning tbh.
Heavy night.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Jaydog wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:45 am I looked like that on Sunday morning tbh.
Heavy night.
So to clarify, that's you on the left...
In Farke we trust...
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:21 pm So to clarify, that's you on the left...
Almost. Except I didn’t get up at all 😂
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:39 am Your insights have been missed, Paul. Hope the move went well :)
Thanks Ash! Today we move into the temporary house. Then I can take a breath for a few weeks and get back to football. Our new permanent home won't be ready until mid December.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:09 pm Thanks Ash! Today we move into the temporary house. Then I can take a breath for a few weeks and get back to football. Our new permanent home won't be ready until mid December.
I wondered where you'd bin, along with Weasel you're another knowledgeable poster i enjoy the views of, we've been doin alreet of late bar the Soton debacle, his construction of a total new Leeds is taking shape.

A temporary house? Have you been struck by some act of God ?

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Rooney on his way to Brum, that should be another out of the play offs equation then.

;@)
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:09 pm Thanks Ash! Today we move into the temporary house. Then I can take a breath for a few weeks and get back to football. Our new permanent home won't be ready until mid December.
I'm sure you appreciate the breather, but here's hoping there's no construction delays so you can get well and truly settled.
In Farke we trust...
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:17 pm I wondered where you'd bin, along with Weasel you're another knowledgeable poster i enjoy the views of, we've been doin alreet of late bar the Soton debacle, his construction of a total new Leeds is taking shape.

A temporary house? Have you been struck by some act of God ?
Thanks Ken!!

No act of God involved. Other than we have been massively blessed. We are building a new home in Arizona. Which won't be completed until mid December. And our house in the Black Hills of SD sold quickly. So we decided to move down to Arizona now to beat the winter weather. And we rented a nice home in a resort community until our new place is ready to move into.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:30 pm Rooney on his way to Brum, that should be another out of the play offs equation then.
I'll tell ya Kenny. As much as we all hate Rooney because of his Scum days, he didn't do a bad job at my MLS club DC United. He's leaving because he is getting zero support from the owners. Who are among the worst in the league.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:45 am I'll tell ya Kenny. As much as we all hate Rooney because of his Scum days, he didn't do a bad job at my MLS club DC United. He's leaving because he is getting zero support from the owners. Who are among the worst in the league.
That's put a dampener on things then, was hoping they were all over the shop, not understanding scouse chicken accent.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:50 am Or the backlash from the keeper incident affected him .... He is human after all, not a robot like most fans think players are.
Tell Peter Crouch that 8-)

;@)
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Love this angle from the LUTV Uncut!! Look at the defense from Kamara after the rebound, the effort from Georgi and the finish from Dan.
Source: https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1711467 ... eds-united
In Farke we trust...