Leeds Utd 2-1 Bristol City - Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Bristol City Match Thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:47 pm If you can’t watch Georgi with a smile on your face you need to sit in a dark room and twat yourself in the face with a brick. Same with Archie.
Where’s Liggy when you need him 😂 :verysad:
I could have well used a brick when he missed that sitter in the first half :shock: :shock: :shock:
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:00 pm Georginio brings a glow to my heart, every time he is on the ball, he is a joy to watch!

There was one moment today, where we were defending a set-piece in a crowded box, our defenders were trying to win a ball off one of the Bristol forwards, along comes Georginio & barges his way into the melee of players with his bodyweight & won the ball dribbling the ball out of the danger zone.....made me chuckle :lol:

A real crowd pleaser 8-)
:lol: at the Ipswich game I asked the Mrs who she liked. “I like that big bloke”
“Who, Rutter?”
“Yes”
“Why”
“I love the way he runs with the ball”
Good judge.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:27 pm :lol: at the Ipswich game I asked the Mrs who she liked. “I like that big bloke”
“Who, Rutter?”
“Yes”
“Why”
Good judge.
I sense there should've been another question Jay:
'Why do you like the way he runs with the ball?"
What you reckon she would have said? :-D
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:06 pm Five goals in eight games

If he continues that goalscoring form & stays fit, he could score 30 goals this season. :soccer:
For people on here that probably still wouldn't qualify as a clinical striker :roll:

The thing that brought the biggest smile to my face today was DF's decision to play Archie ar RB.
First, it was a creative decision on his part.
Second, as he said in his interview, the player still has to execute the idea - and Archie did that wonderfully.
Third, it shows how this squad in now getting to know one another and gel as a unit.
Fourth, it gives us another option now in a previously problem position.

Great stuff.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

malcolmw wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:36 pm I sense there should've been another question Jay:
'Why do you like the way he runs with the ball?"
What you reckon she would have said? :-D
I like his legs, they’re lovely. 😂
She’s in love with Callum Wilson.
Wilson this, Wilson that 😁
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:27 pm :lol: at the Ipswich game I asked the Mrs who she liked. “I like that big bloke”
“Who, Rutter?”
“Yes”
“Why”
Good judge.
Georginio also keeps his head, looks up & sees a pass, unlike Summerville & James who both often take one touch too many & waste opportunities, whereas our golden boy continues to create chances & goals.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:49 pm I like his legs, they’re lovely. 😂
Hah! Just what I thought. :-D
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:46 pm Seriously. I just get that feeling too. We've had several games this season where we really should have buried teams. And we give up very little at the other end. It looks like it's so close to clicking and we go on a good run.
We just need that end product consistently to am!me the possession and chances created really payoff. It'd be a much bigger issue if the chances weren't there at all.
In Farke we trust...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white

Re: Leeds Utd 2-1 Bristol City - Post Match Debate

Post by 1964white »

Bristol City played well, at least they gave it a go, unlike Sheff Wed, QPR, West Brom & Watford.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:51 pm One who scores goals
So a fudge answer as per usual.

Moving on.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:38 am So a fudge answer as per usual.

Moving on.
Yawn. What do you actually contribute other than sarcasm? :sleep:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:00 am Yawn. What do you actually contribute other than sarcasm? :sleep:

Your favourite pastime is sticking the boot into the team you claim to support.

Adios

Ignored.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Square ball analysis of the game.
Franke now wishes that people would ask him about which position is best for Piroe.
Rutter runs on to his own pass
Sam Greenwood scores for Boro and Harrison for Everton.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I shall return the favour then 👍 Not like I'll miss anything worthwhile :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:48 pm What makes me laugh is that I have read so many posts over the last 3 years about the need for a clinical striker who can score 20+ games a season. We may now have one (certainly at this level) and it is a negative 🤷🏼 as we are apparently too reliant on him.

Summerville and Rutter will both be probably double figures at the end of the season if they can avoid injury. I hope Archie can get a goal before Christmas that would boost his confidence even further.

Just as a point we are still without two of our best players IMO - Gnonto and Spence.
My point is, if Piroe is injured, then who will score the goals? James, Summerville, Rutter, Gnonto, Anthony should all be getting 10+ easily with the quality they process. It shouldn't be up to one player to score.

We boast about our frontline, yet Plymouth in 18th have scored more than us.

Good to see Farke unhappy with the missed chances. :tup: But to some on here, Farke will be "negative".
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Once again, not impressed with those substitutions, why on earth are we persisting with getting bamford on the pitch !!
As soon as the subs started our press dropped enormously, I was sat next to a self confessed bamford lover, I told him I wasn't a fan at all, after 10 mins he said he understood where I was coming from with that display, I rest my case.
Personally I didn't think there was anything broken, so why attempt to fix it ?
I know the last 3 were simply running the clock down, but, as I said, we lost our rhythm when we started shuffling, unless there were injuries, there was no need to sub anyone, surely the squad will understand.
Chuffed for young Archie, first 20 minutes or so he was finding it hard to adjust his game, but with the help of those around him, particularly Ampadu , Rodon and Pascal, he came through with head held high.
Any number of players were worthy of MOM for their displays, they were that impressive, I don't think Ampadu was in my top 6 for the first time this season, staggering really, well done boys, hopefully the boss has seen why Rodon is well in front of Cooper in the pecking order, hats off to Glen Kamara as well for his performance, breaking up just about everything bristol tried.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

So you don't think Rutter had run his socks off, to an extent that when you have done that you're aching, slowing down, and prone to injury no ?

Excellent use of the subs, fresh legs anorl that.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:49 pm I like his legs, they’re lovely. 😂
These wives, Jay. Until the last several matches, mine only had eyes for the big sexy pirate's thighs. However, with Georgi coming into his own she never misses a moment to tell me it's neck and neck between the two of them now.

What's a guy to do?
In Farke we trust...
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:50 am These wives, Jay. Until the last several matches, mine only had eyes for the big sexy pirate's thighs. However, with Georgi coming into his own she never misses a moment to tell me it's neck and neck between the two of them now.

What's a guy to do?
No idea Ash. I don’t have the legs or face to compete with Georgi & Wilson. Wasn’t that the football in Castaway. Wilson, Wilson, Wilson oooh Wilson.