Leeds Utd v Queens Park Rangers Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Queens Park Rangers Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

It occured to me later that given all his injuries Paddy was probably looking to land as softly as he could, he knew he was going down
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Sean_Nile wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:42 am But a real yorkshireman having bought a pint of bad beer will drink it down anyway.

It's the yorkshire way with things
You are correct :tup:

Two of my pals & 1000s of other Leeds fans prior to the game sink several beers at £6 a pint :shock:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:10 am A dreadful game, played out in a poor atmosphere. I actually got bored at one stage, something I very rarely do at games.

Anyway, a win is a win, hopefully a better game on Saturday.
It was boring, mate.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:48 am Good spot 64. Yes, I noticed that too. Unusual, no doubt, but perhaps there was method in his madness. As long as the score remains 1-0 he knows that one error, one lack of concentration on our part, which becomes more likely in the final phase of the game when tiredness creeps in, and they are back on level terms.
My pal Paul stood next to me said exactly the same thing, Byebye.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:18 am It occured to me later that given all his injuries Paddy was probably looking to land as softly as he could, he knew he was going down
On the “spirit of Bielsa” question maybe he would’ve asked Bamford to leave the field and not replace him.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Anyone notice QPR had a winger on each flank, whenever we had a corner? We left three men back to cover their breakaway attackers.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:41 am You are correct :tup:

Two of my pals & 1000s of other Leeds fans prior to the game sink several beers at £6 a pint :shock:
Was pizzed off at Haydock last Friday Sid, £14 for two beers.

Ended up leathered, a great minesweeping day never gets missed in the young Kennyboy household champ :tup: :beers: :beer: :beers:

A few half wine bottles went 'missing' anorl ;-) :shhh:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Sean_Nile wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:22 am I thought Bill Nighy could have been his dad.
IMG_20231005_101909.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Somebody better let Bill know his long lost son is manager of QPR. Maybe a free season ticket. It probably needs to be tbh.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

1964white wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:52 am Anyone notice QPR left a winger on each flank, whenever we had a corner? We left three men back to cover their breakaway attackers.
Yes, it reminded me of Bielsa’s ten men masterclass v Man City when Dallas got the winner, we left two high wide players up front and their CB’s didn’t know whether to stick or twist re marking them which allowed Dallas and Alioski to burst through every time we broke forwards.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:52 am Was pizzed off at Haydock last Friday Sid, £14 for two beers.

Ended up leathered, a great minesweeping day never gets missed in the young Kennyboy household champ :tup: :beers: :beer: :beers:

A few half wine bottles went 'missing' anorl ;-) :shhh:
They are taking the p*ss, Kenny boy :shock:

Was the beer any good? The beer they serve at ER is horrible!
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:33 am They are taking the p*ss, Kenny boy :shock:

Never drink at the races. Crap beer in a plastic cup. No thanks.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:39 am Never drink at the races. Crap beer in a plastic cup. No thanks.
Plastic cups at football grounds too :(

Beer drinkers or MacDonalds/Wetherspoons clients don't care about that :lol:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:47 am Plastic cups at football grounds too :(

Beer drinkers or MacDonalds/Wetherspoons clients don't care about that :lol:
Can you take beer to your seat? The Mrs reckons she saw some with beer at the Ipswich game but I didn’t think it was allowed.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:33 am They are taking the p*ss, Kenny boy :shock:

Wasn't too bad tbh, was some Pale Ale, can't remember the name, but i think it foreign, don't like Lager unless free, had about 6. :)

All electronic card payment anorl, just to make you feel like you're not spendin :duno:

Good job i had a twenty spot on the first and 3rd race @ 7/1 and 5/1, but then whacked a £50 spot on the last two races and gave most of it back :)

£45 squid for the tickets, Premier Lounge of course, and £15squid on train, about broke even, and a good day was had by all.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:39 am Never drink at the races. Crap beer in a plastic cup. No thanks.
Pint glasses in the lounge, paper ones if you wanna take on the balcony for the race.

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:57 am Pint glasses in the lounge, paper ones if you wanna take on the balcony for the race.
Price for a days Racing is a joke these days.
£40 for Tatts @ the Chester May meeting.
Always go to that as the trials are top notch but £40. And it’s rammed, you have to be organised to get a decent viewing pitch.
Best course I’ve been to recently is York by a country mile.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:50 am Can you take beer to your seat? The Mrs reckons she saw some with beer at the Ipswich game but I didn’t think it was allowed.
No, the stewards stop you at the top of the stairs.

It’s that Spanish beer, Cruzcampo, in the bars at Elland Road now. I’ve had my quota by the time I get in the ground, but it’s a nice beer to be fair.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Barlow Boy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:00 pm No, the stewards stop you at the top of the stairs.

It’s that Spanish beer, Cruzcampo, in the bars at Elland Road now. I’ve had my quota by the time I get in the ground, but it’s a nice beer to be fair.
Yes of course. We shouldn’t be trusted to take our beer/lager :) to our seat. It’s a dangerous weapon after all.
I had a pint of Cruzcampo in the local. Nice stuff 👍🏼
Last edited by Jaydog on Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Dunno why but I've never considered lager to be beer ... If someone said can I buy you a beer I'd never expect to get a lager
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:02 pm Dunno why but I've never considered lager to be beer ... If someone said can I buy you a beer I'd never expect to get a lager
Horrible fizzy stuff.