Ipswich 3-4 Leeds - Post Match Debate. UNCUT ANGLES

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Match Thread Ipswich 3-4 Leeds - Post Match Debate. UNCUT ANGLES

Post by geronimo »

Saturday 26th August 03:00pm | Portman Road

Leeds United travel to Portman Road this weekend to face Ipswich Town, one of the in-form teams in the Championship. The Tractor Boys currently sit pretty at the top of the Championship table on nine points having beaten Sunderland, Stoke City and QPR already this season.

Whilst Leeds have yet to secure a victory this season, it’s not all bad news as Daniel Farke welcomes Wilfred Gnonto and Luis Sinisterra back to the first team squad. Whilst Gnonto's absence has been well documented, it was widely speculated that Sinisterra would be omitted from both the visit to Ipswich, and next weeks League Cup game against Salford City, as he prepares for a move away from Elland Road. During Thursday lunchtime's press conference, Daniel Farke made a point of stating that the Colombian International, was both back in the first team squad, and available to play. Their presence will certainly lift the spirits, both in the Leeds dressing room, and on the terraces.

Joe Gelhardt has a shoulder injury, but it hasn't stopped him from training this week, whilst Leo Hjelde returns to the squad after a concussion, and will fight it out with Sam Byram for the left back berth. Dan James has a slight groin strain, and it remains to be seen whether he makes the trip to East Anglia. Junior Firpo, Liam Cooper, Patrick Bamford, Stuart Dallas, Ian Poveda and Mateo Joseph remain sidelined. Leeds fans will be hoping to get their first look at new lad Joël Piroe, a welcome and much needed addition up top.

High flying Ipswich are firm favourites for the win with Leeds desperate for their first league win of the season, but theoretically, the pressure is off, which could work in their favour. The two teams last played each other during the 2018/19 season, the same season Ipswich were relegated. Leeds won at Elland Road quite comfortably (2-0) whilst Ipswich edged a 3-2 with a stoppage time winner at their place, but it was not enough to keep them up.

Leif Davis returns against the club he spent four years at, applying his trade. He moved to Portman Road a year ago for a fee of £1m. Last season he netted three times and provided 14 assists. He already has a 'Whoscored' this season of 7.21, higher than all, but two Leeds players.

New season VPN offer! Get NordVPN with 62% off + 3 months free...

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Ipswich v Leeds Correct Score/First Goalscorer - 3pm Saturday 26th August

Post by 1964white »

geronimo wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:35 pm i have a feeling that board is going to look decidedly one sided by saturday, and no doubt will become a regular occurence throughout the season
Why's that Geronimo? Are we playing world beaters once again as we did vs Cardiff, Birmingham & West Brom, whom apparently had far better players in their teams than LUFC, as a consequence we have lost one game by a penalty in the 96th minute.

See what you have done, your negativity has spread like a disease amongst our members :lol:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:21 pm Why's that Geronimo? Are we playing world beaters once again as we did vs Cardiff, Birmingham & West Brom, whom apparently had far better players in their teams than LUFC, as a consequence we have lost one game by a penalty in the 96th minute.

See what you have done, your negativity has spread like a disease amongst our members :lol:
It seeps in to your bones laddie.
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Post by geronimo »

1964white wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:21 pm Why's that Geronimo? Are we playing world beaters once again as we did vs Cardiff, Birmingham & West Brom, whom apparently had far better players in their teams than LUFC, as a consequence we have lost one game by a penalty in the 96th minute.

Cardiff, Birmingham, and west brom are far from world beaters and we could not beat any of them , Ipswich are actually the first team we will play who are fancied to do well and are currently top of the league, if as I suspect we get beat it will set a precedent throughout the season , where more members will guess with their head rather than their heart

When it comes to betting even with no money involved , fans will follow form all day long rather than hoping the unexpected will happen every week
1964white

Post by 1964white »

geronimo wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:57 pm Cardiff, Birmingham, and west brom are far from world beaters and we could not beat any of them , Ipswich are actually the first team we will play who are fancied to do well and are currently top of the league, if as I suspect we get beat it will set a precedent throughout the season , where more members will guess with their head rather than their heart

When it comes to betting even with no money involved , fans will follow form all day long rather than hoping the unexpected will happen every week
Since the first 39 minutes of the Cardiff game, we have conceded two goals, a penalty & a goal that should never have stood in a month of Sundays. Farke is building from the back, introducing Rodon & Byram replacing Cooper/Cresswell & Hjelde. Apart from those goals, Birmingham produce one clear-cut opportunity & I can't recall West Brom creating one big chance to score.
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

1964white wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:54 am Since the first 39 minutes of the Cardiff game, we have conceded two goals, a penalty & a goal that should never have stood in a month of Sundays. Farke is building from the back, introducing Rodon & Byram replacing Cooper/Cresswell & Hjelde. Apart from those goals, Birmingham produce one clear-cut opportunity & I can't recall West Brom creating one big chance to score.
You tell them buddy! :tup:

I've gone for a win against these. I don't base my prediction on form. I base my prediction on, we are jeffin Leeds and they are Ipswich! It is against the law not to beat teams like Ipswich...
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate Ipswich Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Ellandback1 »

leeds.jpg
Ipswich Town v Leeds Utd
Saturday 26th August @15:00hrs |Portman Road

Leeds welcome Wilfred Gnonto and Luis Sinisterra back to the first team squad, for the visit of top of the table Ipswich Town on Saturday afternoon.

Whilst Gnonto's absence has been well documented, it was widely speculated that Sinisterra would be omitted from both the visit to Ipswich, and next weeks League Cup game against Salford City, as he prepares for a move away from Elland Road.

During Thursday lunchtime's press conference, Daniel Farke made a point of stating that the Colombian International, was both back in the first team squad, and available to play. Their presence will certainly lift the spirits, both in the Leeds dressing room, and on the terraces.

Joe Gelhardt has a shoulder injury, but it hasn't stopped him from training this week, whilst Leo Hjelde returns to the squad after a concussion, and will fight it out with Sam Byram for the left back berth. Dan James has a slight groin strain, and it remains to be seen whether he makes the trip to East Anglia. Junior Firpo, Liam Cooper, Patrick Bamford, Stuart Dallas, Ian Poveda and Mateo Joseph remain sidelined.

The tractor boys have ploughed their way past Sunderland, Stoke, and QPR on their way to the Championship summit, and are firm favourite for the win. Leeds may be desperate for their first league win of the season, but theoretically, the pressure is off, which could work in their favour.

The two teams last played each other during the 2018/19 season, the same season Ipswich were relegated. Leeds won at Elland Road quite comfortably (2-0) whilst Ipswich edged a 3-2 with a stoppage time winner at their place, but it was not enough to keep them up.

Leif Davis returns against the club he spent four years at, applying his trade. He moved to Portman Road a year ago for a fee of £1m. Last season he netted three times, and provided 14 assists. He already has a 'Whoscored' this season of 7.21, higher than all, but two Leeds players.
1964white

Re: Ipswich Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Sorry, some posts move over to this thread fron the Leeds Correct Scorer topic
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:05 pm Sorry, some posts move over to this thread fron the Leeds Correct Scorer topic
Are you travelling down for this one Leon?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:34 pm Are you travelling down for this one Leon?
No Swannie.

I had a ticket offered to me, but I have a busy weekend & next week ahead in readiness for our holiday a week on Sunday. The Ipswich game would have taken two days out of my working week, as I'm always knackered the following day after a long journey travelling. I find the seven & half hour match day experience to ER tiring these days.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:43 pm No Swannie.

I had a ticket offered to me, but I have a busy weekend & next week ahead in readiness for our holiday a week on Sunday. The Ipswich game would have taken two days out of my working week, as I'm always knackered the following day after a long journey travelling. I find the seven & half hour match day experience to ER tiring these days.
Don't blame you. I've been to PR to watch Leeds 3 times and Ipswich beat us every time. Even the season after we were Champions!
Not a happy hunting ground for us
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:00 pm Don't blame you. I've been to PR to watch Leeds 3 times and Ipswich beat us every time. Even the season after we were Champions!
Not a happy hunting ground for us
I’m going Swannie but like you I’ve never seen them win there. Hope springs eternal
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:02 pm I’m going Swannie but like you I’ve never seen them win there. Hope springs eternal
You're brave Jay....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:02 pm I’m going Swannie but like you I’ve never seen them win there. Hope springs eternal
Are you with the Suffolk boys, Jay?
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Re: Re: Ipswich v Leeds Match Thread

Post by Finnatic »

Without sounding negative, it’s just reality, Portman Rd is a graveyard for us.
Form doesn’t matter, we have won once in 21 years - 2013 and before O’Leary when we won twice on the trot it was 1988 😬
Just saying.

PS, Traditionally, Birmingham is another and so are most of our next four away fixtures 🤣
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:07 pm Are you with the Suffolk boys, Jay?
Yeah Leon, in with the home fans.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:06 pm You're brave Jay....
I know Swannie. I bet any money as we’re walking out of the game my Mrs says “could’ve got a new blouse with that £67”. Certainty 😁
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:13 pm I know Swannie. I bet any money as we’re walking out of the game my Mrs says “could’ve got a new blouse with that £67”. Certainty 😁
Is she suggesting the blouse for you or her JD :duno:
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Barlow Boy wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:24 pm Is she suggesting the blouse for you or her JD :duno:
If we win there I’ll run up & down my road with one on. How about that.
hector

Post by hector »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:31 pm If we win there I’ll run up & down my road with one on. How about that.
I think you should dangle yourself by your bollox off teh Orwell bridge, like you suggested earlier :P :)