Leeds Utd v West Brom Match Thread - UNCUT HIGHLIGHTS.

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v West Brom Match Thread - Rodon and Rutter Start, Gnonto Hands in Transfer Request

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:43 pm Still think he'd be better off posing on a catwalk.
Yeah, it is incredible that we spent so much money on him.

I hope the kid succeeds, but so far I'm not seeing how that's gonna happen.

He is just a spectator on the pitch.

Another example of our completely inadequate squad recruitment and lack of effective refreshment since we got promoted.

A fortune blown, and still being paid for and a squad that is still severely lacking.

Two weeks for our bosses to put things right, or we're in for another mediocre season.
hector

Re: Leeds Utd v West Brom Match Thread

Post by hector »

Duckie and Cussie

My thoughts are with you both...... Try to be positive
you can PM me if you need to vent...
hector

Re: Leeds Utd v West Brom Match Thread - Rodon and Rutter Start, Gnonto Hands in Transfer Request

Post by hector »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:34 pm I'll take the ban, f**king worth it
not this time......
and it would be for the agression and not the swear word
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

hector wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:30 am Duckie and Cussie

My thoughts are with you both...... Try to be positive
you can PM me if you need to vent...
I would like offer my condolences as well.
Hope you’re both looking after yourselves in this difficult time.
There Is Only One United.
Jimstorrie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimstorrie »

Lufc76Cor wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:17 pm Anyhoo back on topic, was following the match thread while watching the match but stopped reading a few pages back but remember when we had that penalty claim everyone seemed to be up in arms saying it was a definite penalty, so having seen the various replays whats the general consensus now?

I thought on first view it was a pen but after seeing the replays it was clear the defender got the ball even after JG's touch and all the pundits seemed to agree with the decision not to give it also. If that was given against us I'd be very annoyed
Not a penalty for me.
AJA
Ballboy
Ballboy

News Article Better then the last 2 years

Post by AJA »

Cjay wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:00 pm Pretty poor game and very little quality

Lots of effort.

Better side however and should have won.
A lot better then the football we have been playing the last one and half years
LoinerBoy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by LoinerBoy »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:59 pm .... As I posted earlier there are always more important things than football....
Hi CUSSIE01. Maybe look up the great Bill Shankley's famous saying about the importance of football. ;-)
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:04 pm I'm on it tonight OB. I lost my beloved Mum yesterday who was a massive Leeds fan, win or lose. All this 'Leeds are crap', and fans at the game being mocked for going to watch, I'm not having it. Either support the club or don't.
So sorry to hear about your Mum Swannie,I lost my dear Ma 28 years ago and there's not a day goes by that I don't think about her.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:04 pm I'm on it tonight OB. I lost my beloved Mum yesterday who was a massive Leeds fan, win or lose. All this 'Leeds are crap', and fans at the game being mocked for going to watch, I'm not having it. Either support the club or don't.
Well said by the way, get behind the club including the board and the players.. The only board I've ever really had a problem with is GFH, even Ridsdale despite panicking and having a everything must go sale which destroyed the club for a long time, did a good job till he didn't
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:52 pm I’ll repeat the 1st line, fu*k all you negative shits
Look l, I get that you've lost someone recently, but folk aren't to know this when posting comments. For me personally, positive, negative, neutral comments, I see them for what they are. I don't allow them to personally impact my mood, they are just merely contrasting views. In the grand scheme of things (as you know too well) they matter very little. I know losing a parent can be an incredibly difficult experience to go through, so do take good care of yourself during this time.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:59 pm Thanks Kenny, there are some brilliant contributors on the site & although I’ve supported Leeds for 50 years I’m still learning a lot from from them all. As I posted earlier there are always more important things than football and sometimes they just kick you in the teeth when you least expect it.
So sorry to hear about your mum, Cussie. Condolences to you & your family.

My good friends experiencing the same grief, I feel for you both.

I lost my dear mum 20 years ago, still miss her to bits.
1964white

Re: Better then the last 2 years

Post by 1964white »

AJA wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:27 am

That lot who were pretending to be Premier League footballers :roll:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

hector wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:47 am not this time......
and it would be for the agression and not the swear word
No need, doesn't bother me at all.

You just couldn't write what Ayling did, and that was enough to tip him over the edge.

Small mercies.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Better then the last 2 years

Post by Kennyb41 »

AJA wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:27 am

Fck me another 'newbie' to welcome, can the site cope.

Hey, we might get to the stage where we can lend the echo chamber a few :)
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

LoinerBoy wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:23 am Hi CUSSIE01. Maybe look up the great Bill Shankley's famous saying about the importance of football. ;-)
Fc me another !

Hey Loiner - 'Joined Sept 2022' ....12 posts ? Have you been ill ?

;@)
Billys Statue
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: @delmeister1

Re: Leeds Utd v West Bromwich Albion Match Thread

Post by Billys Statue »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:41 pm I've never understood a mans need to want to pot the brown, especially when there's a beautiful pink available.

and it's more points
ON ON ON!!!
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Post by geronimo »

Overman wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:01 am Look l, I get that you've lost someone recently, but folk aren't to know this when posting comments. For me personally, positive, negative, neutral comments, I see them for what they are. I don't allow them to personally impact my mood, they are just merely contrasting views. In the grand scheme of things (as you know too well) they matter very little. I know losing a parent can be an incredibly difficult experience to go through, so do take good care of yourself during this time.
Well said fella another one last night having a go then it's oh my mother died I know I will play the sympathy card

Of course anybody who as lost a loved one will be upset, but personal feelings should not be allowed to castigate another posters views and should be left of this forum entirely
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v West Bromwich Albion Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Billys Statue wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:24 am and it's more points
Does your Mrs award points?
I don’t get so much as a Thankyou.
1964white

Post by 1964white »