Joe Rodon

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Joe Rodon

Post by 1964white »

Is it any wonder why we have only conceded 28 goals this season?

Joe & Amps are like a giant rock at the back.

v Huddersfield

6 excellent passes
5 defensive headers
2 tackles
2 interceptions
1 run
1 brilliant piece of defensive work.
3 defensive clearances
1964white

Post by 1964white »

vs Sheff Wed

A couple of errors in Joe's game. but overall he was immense, with lots of important defensive work and stuck his head in where it hurts more than once.

37 excellent actions including
8 duels won
7 headed clearances
5 passes into the final third
4 aerial duels won
3 blocks
3 tackles
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

I wonder if '64 would agree :duno:

Source: https://twitter.com/apopey/status/17697 ... eds-united
In Farke we trust...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:13 am I wonder if '64 would agree :duno:

Source: https://twitter.com/apopey/status/17697 ... eds-united
Screenshot 2024-03-19 06.12.17.png

Never saw Joe play, before his arrival at Leeds from Spurs & during his loan period at loan.

Just like Pontus & White, our fans soon realised we had signed a top defender on our books.

Love his bravery, passion, attitude & consistency.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Hated to see this match and run end in heartbreak for the boys, but a damn fine performance from both our CBs:

Source: https://twitter.com/LUFCDATA/status/177 ... gr%5Etweet
In Farke we trust...
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:31 pm Hated to see this match and run end in heartbreak for the boys, but a damn fine performance from both our CBs:

Source: https://twitter.com/LUFCDATA/status/177 ... gr%5Etweet
Was watching Rodon yesterday with interest. Really impressed with him. He's such a rock at the back. Hard to believe he's not a premier league defender this season.

Wales national team is a bit of a mixed bag. Some premier league players. But usually from smaller clubs and the championship. I honestly think Rodon is good enough for the England squad. I really hope we get to sign him permanent. But you have to think the majority of premier league clubs would like to have him.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:51 pm Was watching Rodon yesterday with interest. Really impressed with him. He's such a rock at the back. Hard to believe he's not a premier league defender this season.

Wales national team is a bit of a mixed bag. Some premier league players. But usually from smaller clubs and the championship. I honestly think Rodon is good enough for the England squad. I really hope we get to sign him permanent. But you have to think the majority of premier league clubs would like to have him.
That kind of talk will get you right at the top of '64's good graces :lol: But he's right, as are you Andrew--Joe has been an absolute stud on our backline. Credit to Joe for making the plays and having that killer, defensive mentality and credit to DF for seeing a player, who had been up to that point, a journey-man, loan player and getting the best out of him.
In Farke we trust...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

No one had commented on Joe's immense display last night, goes without saying I suppose!

I noted Rodon made 5 defensive headed clearances, 2 blocks, 1 tackle & one sublime piece of defending + clearance. He also flicked on a header offensively, creating a chance for the Welsh.

Solid as a rock against a big Polish side, including one of the world's greatest No.9s.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:17 pm That kind of talk will get you right at the top of '64's good graces :lol: But he's right, as are you Andrew--Joe has been an absolute stud on our backline. Credit to Joe for making the plays and having that killer, defensive mentality and credit to DF for seeing a player, who had been up to that point, a journey-man, loan player and getting the best out of him.
Credit to Farke. Except I think he needed a bit of time. Remember him dropping him after he'd served his red card ban. In fairness, I don't think we all realized how good Rodon was until after he came back from that suspension.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:25 pm No one had commented on Joe's immense display last night, goes without saying I suppose!

I noted Rodon made 5 defensive headed clearances, 2 blocks, 1 tackle & one sublime piece of defending + clearance. He also flicked on a header offensively, creating a chance for the Welsh.

Solid as a rock against a big Polish side, including one of the world's greatest No.9s.
I think the picture of Joe heading the ball over Lewandowski says it all :)
In Farke we trust...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:26 pm Credit to Farke. Except I think he needed a bit of time. Remember him dropping him after he'd served his red card ban. In fairness, I don't think we all realized how good Rodon was until after he came back from that suspension.
In fairness to Farke we had kept a clean sheet in the match that Rodon was banned for so it wasn't the worst decision to keep faith with the starting pair. Similar in many ways to Bielsa keeping faith with Berardi instead of recalling Pontus for the second leg v Derby after Berardi had played well in a good team performance in the first leg and we had comfortably kept a clean sheet.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:26 pm Credit to Farke. Except I think he needed a bit of time. Remember him dropping him after he'd served his red card ban. In fairness, I don't think we all realized how good Rodon was until after he came back from that suspension.
It was proven to be a wrong decision.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

So, Spurs want to get as much as possible for Joe in the summer, and therefore it’s in their best interests to drum up competition for him outside Leeds.

Leeds want to sign him I assume.

If Joe turns round to Spurs and says “I’ll only sign for Leeds “, what weight will that carry?

Will he do that?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm So, Spurs want to get as much as possible for Joe in the summer, and therefore it’s in their best interests to drum up competition for him outside Leeds.

If Joe turns round to Spurs and says “I’ll only sign for Leeds “, what weight will that carry?

Will he do that?
Who knows, Dave, time will tell.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Carrick Dave wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm So, Spurs want to get as much as possible for Joe in the summer, and therefore it’s in their best interests to drum up competition for him outside Leeds.

Will he do that?
It’ll all depend on what league we are in as far as Rodon is concerned, I can’t see him wanting another year of Championship football.

He won’t be short of suitors in the Premier League.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Positives vs Hull
6 Defensive headers
4 Runs into their half
4 Good passes
2 Blocks
2 Interceptions
1 Defensive clearance
1 Tackle
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:52 am Positives vs Hull
6 Defensive headers
4 Runs into their half
4 Good passes
2 Blocks
2 Interceptions
1 Defensive clearance
1 Tackle
He had one poor give away in the early minutes

But, as we keep saying, he's immense at the back. Almost feel a John Terry dominance with him.

Also worth noting the last couple of games, he's been a lot more aggressive in running into the opposition half with the ball. There was a long run in each game (led to a goal v Watford). There's been a lot more fire about him. Looked especially frustrated during the past 2 games. And I think that was behind the runs he made - taking the bull by the horns.