Rate the ref: United v Blackburn

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

Competitions Rate the ref: United v Blackburn

Post by mentalcase »

Sunday 6th Aug
Ref : Josh Smith, matthew jones and sam lewis (linesmen) plus jeremy simpson as 4th official (coppers nark)
Out of 10 please, 10 for excellent, 0 for being BAB.
Last edited by mentalcase on Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:47 am, edited 19 times in total.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
mentalcase

Re: Rate the ref: United V Cardiff 06/08/23

Post by mentalcase »

Space for table
Last edited by mentalcase on Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Forgot about this thread - just remembered so here goes:

No problems with the ref today, seemed very fair to me. He let the game flow reasonably well and didn’t blow up unnecessarily. We had one or two weak penalty shouts, none of which I thought were strong enough to be given. Not much else to say, other than that he allowed at least 2 minutes over the allotted injury time, seemingly to allow Cardiff a final attack but then blew up as soon as we got the ball back and were going to start our own attack, a small point though. 8/10
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

8/10
Thought he did well for most of t' game, apart from booking Ampadu right in front of us, it wasn't a foul either just cardiff cheating, Ampadu must have over-complained !!
For most of the game, I thought he did well.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

6/10 Thought he was OK, got most of the big decisions right, but he just kept getting in the way, there was a period of about 10mins in the second half were every time Ampadu went for the ball the Ref was in the way, I genuinely thought that's want Amps got booked for. He also didn't do anything about Cardiff time wasting so I was expecting at least 9mins extra time but nope just the 6mins.
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Only 3 ? C'mon folks.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Is there any point in carrying this on !!!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:17 pm Only 3 ? C'mon folks.
Apologies Mental, watch the full game yesterday evening & meant to post up my rating this morning.

Thought the referee did well

8/10

I'll concentrate on bumping the thread, as it got lost on page 2.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

I thought he’d missed a couple of things, but when I watched the game back he was justified in his decision making.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:03 pm Is there any point in carrying this on !!!
Problem is Mental, topics move so quickly on here nowadays, once they are halfway down page one, they are more or less doomed & destined for the dungeons of page 2, then they are totally out of sight.

Unfortunately, without sounding like I'm blowing my own trumpet, I'm the only one spends much time looking after & forwarding topics. People are busy with their work & lives, as I know very well myself. I just get on with it when I have some spare time in-between my work & social life.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:05 pm Problem is Mental, topics move so quickly on here nowadays, once they are halfway down page one, they are more or less doomed & destined for the dungeons of page 2, then they are totally out of sight.

Unfortunately, without sounding like I'm blowing my own trumpet, I'm the only one spends much time looking after & forwarding topics. People are busy with their work & lives, as I know very well myself. I just get on with it when I have some spare time in-between my work & social life.
I'll keep on doing it but I can't help thinking its a bit of a lost cause, it aint a comp or anything, just a topic to vent your spleen at the ref.
Maybe I could start a comp regarding corners with points for each half etc :duno:
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

i'm actually giving him 9, I thought he was close to man of the match. He let strong challenges go that would definitely have been pulled up as FKs for the jellybabies in the PL, which let the game flow. I'm sure the absence of VAR brings out the best in a strong ref. who knows his decisions are not going to be instantly challenged.

I hope this is the standard, but somehow I doubt it.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

1964white wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:05 pm Problem is Mental, topics move so quickly on here nowadays, once they are halfway down page one, they are more or less doomed & destined for the dungeons of page 2, then they are totally out of sight.

this for me, I've been looking (albeit not thoroughly) for this topic but didn't think it existed. don't give up hope.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:08 pm I'll keep on doing it but I can't help thinking its a bit of a lost cause, it aint a comp or anything, just a topic to vent your spleen at the ref.
Maybe I could start a comp regarding corners with points for each half etc :duno:
If the referee is appalling bad, this thread attracts more attention.

Now you may have hit on a good idea there, Mental.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bump
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I always try and post on this topic after a match whether the referee is good or bad. As you say, it’s cathartic to vent your spleen when you know we’ve been shafted by the officials, unfortunately, a regular occurrence in Leeds’ case.

But it’s also fair to give credit where credit’s due, which in Leeds’ case, happens only very occasionally and usually means that the officials have been what they are supposed to be, impartial, and, for once, we haven’t actually been shafted.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Did well

'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Did well. The kid has a future. Let the game flow and didn't impose himself on it (except when he was getting in the way). More of this, please.

JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

7.5 - let the game flow, but concerned a bit over player safety. I thought there should’ve been a couple of challenges that should’ve gone our way with a stop in play and the lack of a penalty for Summerville was a bit maddening.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:08 pm I'll keep on doing it but I can't help thinking its a bit of a lost cause, it aint a comp or anything, just a topic to vent your spleen at the ref.
There you go, Mental, we are up & running now :-D