Leeds United 2-2 Cardiff City - Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Cardiff City Match Thread

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

It was a good performance from us overall. Cardiff sat deep. It made it really hard for us to break them down. Pacey wingers (we started 4) can't find much joy against a deep sitting defence like that. And they hit us with 2 sucker pinches. We were organizationally bad for both goals. But I still count us as being unlucky to be down 2-0, and 2-1 going into injury time. Our performance today deserved a convincing win.

Pleased with our attacking play as a whole. Would be nice to have some palyers in the right positions. Although Gnonto did well as a striker - two that went very close where he was unlucky not to score. Sinsiterra had a decent game, but again, would be nice to have a natural #10. Gray looked a natural fit in midfield.

I think I'm the only one to say that I was a bit disappointed with Ampadu today. He sat in front of the back 4 well. But his passing was a little off. I do expect a little more from him.

Pleased to have got the point. But Cardiff are a long way from being promotion contenders. We'll play many much better teams. Maybe we'll do better against better teams as they'll allow us more opportunity to play.
Fatter than brolin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Fatter than brolin »

df and the players deserve some real credit here, they didn't wallow in the dressing room at half-time (which could have happened) they came out fought and played some really exciting stuff and got a well deserved point, thought Byram looked quality could be a great bit of business by df
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

I can't see any highlights on tonight,must be only games on a Sat that itv show ?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:41 pm It would have been an absolute travesty if we had come away with nothing from that game. Great second half from the lads.
Unfortunately that looked a bad injury for Cooper.
Indeed it would have been, Chilli,

Has Coop's injury cost him his lucrative dream move?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:44 pm Cardiff got into our half about 3 times in the whole of the 1st half and we were 2 down at half time - wtf!

Second half comeback though was promising and fully deserved, never stopped trying and attacked to the bitter end. Got a draw - deserved more!
3-2 would have been brilliant :tup:

Lessons learn't today.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I am pleased to see that the general consensus of the posters on the forum is one of being heartened by that performance rather than being too disappointed that we didn’t win. Even in the 1st half, though Cardiff scored twice, they only managed to get over the halfway line less than half a dozen times.

The match stats confirmed a completely dominant display from a very young Leeds United team, and I hope the likes of Summerville and Gnonto (who both had cracking games) will end up staying and tearing a few more opposition defences to shreds, like they did for the most part today.

Obviously the defence is a worry but our attacking flare and quality is not in doubt on today’s evidence.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

We were v unlucky to go in 0-2 down, it easily could've been 2-0.

There's a lot of tweaking can be done which i'm sure he's on top of.

I agree Weasel it was reminiscent of Bertball, but nowhere near as fast, quite an impressive start in such a short space of time and with limited quality.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:55 pm You do realise we were 3-0 up at home to Cardiff and drew in the promotion season?
And 2-0 down to their reserve side last season in the cup. They seem to be a bit of a bogey side to us over the years. Also when we were top of the league and they were wherever the hell they were and we lost to them in the cup at the start of the O'Leary side meltdown.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:47 pm We'd have battered these with a fit Bamford on the pitch today...
We did batter them, having Bamford would have given us better link-up options, plus enable us to put higher crosses into their box.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:03 pm Aah Bisto. That second half took me back 3 years. Total dominance in possession and we should score 3/4. It was wave after wave of relentless forward attacking whilst watching the other team slowly running out of steam and composure. If it takes a couple of season to fit the right pieces into the jigsaw then i'm ok with that.
A great watch, 1000 :tup:

Looking forward to watching a full match replay on LUTV, hopefully tomorrow.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:29 pm A nice positive post from you Cjay :clap:

No one can dispute the two pieces of defending were horrific, unfortunately cost us two points.

Thank you, for posting up the post-match topics, much appreciated :tup:
That's alright I'm meant to do the player ratings one anyway.

Although I don't know what else to do besides post that thread :)

I tried to be positive :)

Wasn't without some.

But it's not a great result really overall, in context though it showed fight.

Need to be better at both ends which hopefully will come with additional players soon.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote: I enjoy the game immensely OB, concerned at half-time, but we came out in the second period all guns blazing & battered them

I always love a good comeback :-D
You have a good memory Image

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Post by geronimo »

A Tourist wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:37 pm Le sigh. Still shipping two goals a game.
exactly but many on here can't smell the coffee fella some on here would still be coming out with the same drivel if we went down again this season give me been called negative over blind naivety all day long the proof will be in the pudding as they say 😆
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Post by geronimo »

1964white wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:33 pm Indeed it would have been, Chilli,

Has Coop's injury cost him his lucrative dream move?
More chance of selling sand to the arabs than cooper going there. 😆
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:00 pm That's alright I'm meant to do the player ratings one anyway.

Although I don't know what else to do besides post that thread :)

I tried to be positive :)

Wasn't without some.

But it's not a great result really overall, in context though it showed fight.

Need to be better at both ends which hopefully will come with additional players soon.
You could total each of the players scores up if you wish or have time.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:24 pm Archie arguably the MOTM

Two lasses from waccoe. Blackie lives in Yorkshire and goes to most home games as a season ticket holder. One of the best observers of the game I've come across,. Leeds Lesley is a London lass who goes to most home games and a lot of away games and is notorious for "bumping into" Leeds players in hotel lifts

Both regulars on the excellent random musings thread where everyone gets along. Pop on and have a chat, you may know them. There are no taboo's on the musings thread so we do talk football away from the mainboard on matchdays. Usually post match. Always interesting to hear Blackwellant's views...

https://www.waccoe.com/topic/314263-ran ... /page/501/
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:05 pm Two lasses from waccoe. Blackie lives in Yorkshire and goes to most home games as a season ticket holder. One of the best observers of the game I've come across,. Leeds Lesley is a London lass who goes to most home games and a lot of away games and is notorious for "bumping into" Leeds players in hotel lifts
Ah, thanks.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BlancdeBlanc wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:11 pm It’s deja vu all over again.
My exact words at ER this afternoon.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:34 pm Hooray. Doom & gloom. It’s all over. Relegation. Sack Danny. Players are crap 😂
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: