Hearts 0-1 Leeds Utd Match Thread. UNCUT Version.

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Hearts v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Georginio Rutter leads the line

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:34 pm Bamford played well as did Cooper apart from one blip.

15 decent defensive actions from Coops today.
Was OK Bamford.

But he is one of those players who will just get injured.

No point having the "if he stays fit" conversation because he won't.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Scoobychief wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:35 pm Rutter ain't cutting it in the championship. Farke will soon find this out Striker needed this week
The lad just seems too lightweight for it. He's going to have adjust quickly and is already looking increasingly injury prone. The signs don't look great tbh, you'd certainly expect more. Orta needs tracking down suing for this one.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

1964white wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:40 pm Well, that must have happened due to brutal attack by the Hearts defender.

Not what we needed.
You're welcome :tup:
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:34 pm Decent enough against a poor side.

Some nice passing moments

Relatively untroubled defensively.

Poor final pass or finish let us down.

Gray the standout for me.
And me, to think Archie is only 17yo, a mature head on young shoulders.

His skills are in his genes.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Unless we find a way to stick the ball into the net pretty quickly its going to be another long season. Hearts were poor. I don't know what stage of pre-season they are at? but i would have them down as league one standard personally so its difficult to gauge anything from that really. Although we could have won the game 5-0 on another day it doesn't tell us much really.

We controlled possession well in most of the first half with some occasional intricate passing movements towards their box. Rutter would have had a pen in a proper match and Bamford may have tried to avoid their keeper on another day for James well taken goal. In the last two matches i would have liked to see how we cope with teams being more direct, balls over the top and more set-piece deliveries, to see how the team to defend them but it never happened.

Next weekend back to the ruff-n-tumble of the Championship when there is something to play for should sharpen up the boys. As it stands i can't think of another team in the Championship who will have the attacking flair that we have just a shame we are missing a intelligent ball player in at 10 to tie it all together. Not convinced in defence but if we keep the ball it will limit the opposition.

Roll on next Sunday and i'm off work. Come On.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Overman wrote: The lad just seems too lightweight for it. He's going to have adjust quickly and is already looking increasingly injury prone. The signs don't look great tbh, you'd certainly expect more. Orta needs tracking down suing for this one.
We've got Bamfraud and now it seems we have Rutterfraud. Doesn't look up for a fight and can't deal with physicality....not looking good at all for him.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:52 pm Unless we find a way to stick the ball into the net pretty quickly its going to be another long season. Hearts were poor. I don't know what stage of pre-season they are at? but i would have them down as league one standard personally so its difficult to gauge anything from that really. Although we could have won the game 5-0 on another day it doesn't tell us much really.
I was thinking League One, whilst watching them.

Celtic & Rangers are championship teams, the rest a level below I suspect.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:52 pm We've got Bamfraud and now it seems we have Rutterfraud. Doesn't look up for a fight and can't deal with physicality....not looking good at all for him.

I was thinking, a big girl's blouse when Rutter went down, although if it's a bruised rib injury, he would be in some pain.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:41 pm Was OK Bamford.

Like a broken biscuit.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

1964white wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:58 pm I was thinking League One, whilst watching them.

Celtic & Rangers are championship teams, the rest a level below I suspect.
Its a sad state of affairs up there if that's the best the Capital City can put out for top level football.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I am not sure what striker will fit the way we are currently playing. They could well find themselves facing 5 defenders some weekends with very little room and we all know by now we pose very little threat from set-pieces.

Tbf to him Bamford's take down and snap shot into side netting would have been special had it gone in.... His body is shot tho, that was the first time he got into full throttle and he gets kicked in the face and holds hi hamstring. Unless we get someone in "can't see it myself" then its one of Rutter, Joffy & Joseph not sure what's happened to Perkins.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:41 pm Was OK Bamford.

Paddy is physically and mentally brittle and not to be counted upon, he's proved that time and again over the past two seasons.

Rutter has talent and quality, but he will struggle in the rough and tumble of the Championship.

We desperately need a striker, 49ers need to stump up for Joel Piroe, but that also depends on if he wants to come here.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:04 pm Its a sad state of affairs up there if that's the best the Capital City can put out for top level football.
Hearts and Forest were both poor.

But you can only beat what's on the pitch.

A lot of these guys will not be familiar with the fact that we are everyone's cup final once we've dropped out of the EPL.

All these Championship teams will raise it to their maximum to try and beat us.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:03 pm Like a broken biscuit.
This should not be surprising for any Leeds supporter Leon.

Despite his enthusiasm and commitment, Cooper also has had plenty of missed matches due to injury.

We are short of CBs, a left back and a striker.
Phild
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Phild »

No doubt Banford out for a while.
Cooper next?
Hardly unexpected
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

White Riot wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:18 pm Paddy is physically and mentally brittle and not to be counted upon, he's proved that time and again over the past two seasons.

Rutter has talent and quality, but he will struggle in the rough and tumble of the Championship.

We desperately need a striker, 49ers need to stump up for Joel Piroe, but that also depends on if he wants to come here.
Great player but I think we'll have a fight with other clubs to land him, but he's the one I would go for.

Sick note Bamford gets yet another injury (hamstring) he simply can not be relied on again.
Lufc76Cor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lufc76Cor »

White Riot wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:26 pm This should not be surprising for any Leeds supporter Leon.

Despite his enthusiasm and commitment, Cooper also has had plenty of missed matches due to injury.

We are short of CBs, a left back and a striker.
Seems to be the same every season
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The more I see of Gnonto the more I'm OK with him being sold for the right price.

Also is it just me who doesn't like two same footed cbs?

Looks awkward to me.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:11 pm I am not sure what striker will fit the way we are currently playing. They could well find themselves facing 5 defenders some weekends with very little room and we all know by now we pose very little threat from set-pieces.
I made this point earlier. Now, any team with their homework done on us will just shut shop and let us bang our heads against a defensive wall and look to catch us on the break.

Depressing that so little has changed with all the issues that are still plaguing us for a number of seasons now - weak midfield, no LB, short on CB’s, and so limited in front of goal.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:52 pm We've got Bamfraud and now it seems we have Rutterfraud. Doesn't look up for a fight and can't deal with physicality....not looking good at all for him.

His demeanour hasn’t been great of late.

When Poveda scored his cracker against Forest, Rutter was probably the only the only player that didn’t go to congratulate him. He just turned and walked away. It really didn’t look good.

Today it looked like he was availing of an opportunity to get off the pitch.