Daniel Farke

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Daniel Farke

Post by Kennyb41 »

GreennWhite wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:38 pm Well done Farke, fully deserved of any praise he gets, but stats dont win you league titles or get you promoted. Its points that do that.
There will be more twists and turns before this is all over, so lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet.
Farke is far from being the perfect manager but why cant some fans just enjoy what he has brought to the club this season and enjoy this ride.
IF/WHEN we get promoted lets see how he does then with this squad, plus hopefully some additions. If he fails big time then criticism can be justified. But to give him stick for what happened at Norwich with a different set of players and different set up to what he has now is just being childish :(
Some people if we go up will be waiting with sharpened pencils to slag him off saying i told you so. Its just in their DNA they cant help it :)
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Johnthewhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnthewhite »

Barlow Boy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:41 am Daniel named manager of the month for February 👏👏👏
Enjoying the ride whatever the outcome.
So much more enjoyable going to a game expecting to get a result :)

Well done Daniel, TOP marks from me :tup:
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I can't believe anyone would want to knock DF, ok, he's made some odd decisions especially with subs, but in the main, he's been excellent.
He's deffo the right man for us this season, and deserves another season at least whatever league we're in, it's not like we're getting walloped every week like under bielsa, let's enjoy the ride, this manager has got the whole squad, team, fans & city buzzing again.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Johnthewhite wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:31 pm Enjoying the ride whatever the outcome.
So much more enjoyable going to a game expecting to get a result :)

Well done Daniel, TOP marks from me :tup:
Don’t know about you John, but it was starting to become a bit of a chore going to games but, as you say, Farke has made it enjoyable again.

Very lucky to have him.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:52 pm Don’t know about you John, but it was starting to become a bit of a chore going to games but, as you say, Farke has made it enjoyable again.

Very lucky to have him.
Same here. Can't go to games since I'm too far away. But with time difference became a bit of a chore at times. Get home from work at 1 am. Set alarm for 4 am for early KO's. Then have to catch sleep through day to make it through next night shift.

There were times during the hammerings of the previous 2 seasons I couldn't do it. Much more fun to watch this season. Having said that I want us to play at the highest level. Still have delusions that Leeds could retain their spot aming the elite at some point. Wilko was the peak of my era and going to games. I'm only 52. Still have time to see it again.
Johnthewhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnthewhite »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:52 pm Don’t know about you John, but it was starting to become a bit of a chore going to games but, as you say, Farke has made it enjoyable again.

Very lucky to have him.
Yes last season was painful to watch, six or seven games from the end we were just wishing someone would put us out of our misery 😢
It was hard for us fans as half the players weren't even trying in the end. Fast forward 11 months and look at us now, what a great job Farke has done, we are indeed very lucky to have him at our club. But what is best of all is Daniel Farke appreciates how lucky he is to be manager of our great club, unlike some of the recent 🤡
MOT
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:29 pm Same here. Can't go to games since I'm too far away. But with time difference became a bit of a chore at times. Get home from work at 1 am. Set alarm for 4 am for early KO's. Then have to catch sleep through day to make it through next night shift.

There were times during the hammerings of the previous 2 seasons I couldn't do it. Much more fun to watch this season. Having said that I want us to play at the highest level. Still have delusions that Leeds could retain their spot aming the elite at some point. Wilko was the peak of my era and going to games. I'm only 52. Still have time to see it again.
That’s commitment mate 👏👏👏.

I’m only a year older, and haven’t given up hope of reaching the summit again in my lifetime. Obviously, incredibly difficult with the financial backing the Top 6/7 have, but we can dream.
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:52 pm but it was starting to become a bit of a chore going to games
So surprised you felt like that especially as even in the final game we still had a chance of staying up. Also in the previous home game we were so unfortunate not to have beaten Newcastle who finished Top 4 and therefore qualified for the CL.

Granted some of the away games were a difficult watch (still won at Anfield though) but at home it always felt like we had a chance and personally I loved every minute of being in the top flight.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Reet, must dash, off Googling 'how to fix a broken heart' after someone apparently has me on his - 'imaginary foe list

Why he feels the need to state it over 5 times, lord only knows :roll:

:poorly:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Farke Life

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/w0fbzG534Tw

Not great at posting videos but this made me smile
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jammy 07 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:16 pm So surprised you felt like that especially as even in the final game we still had a chance of staying up. Also in the previous home game we were so unfortunate not to have beaten Newcastle who finished Top 4 and therefore qualified for the CL.

Granted some of the away games were a difficult watch (still won at Anfield though) but at home it always felt like we had a chance and personally I loved every minute of being in the top flight.
Maybe, but I just was getting up on a morning, getting ready to go etc and thinking can I really be arsed. I did, of course, I’ve a 13 year attendance record to protect 😁, but I definitely didn’t have the same enthusiasm.

The management changes didn’t help, not knowing if the team were going to perform etc. Completely different now, I’m already looking forward to Millwall and it’s another week away yet 😂😂😂
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Lets all just keep on enjoying this season and see where it takes us. If we get to 100 points and its still not enough to get automatic promotion then all we can do is applaud the 2 teams above us. Not getting getting automatic promotion with 100 points sounds crazy but this season it may not just be enough.
If we did reach the 100 point mark and didn't get that automatic spot I would like to think we wouldnt end up having a go at the team or the manager just because we didn't get up. Sometimes its just not meant to be your day, and we are Leeds after all, we dont do things the easy way :)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

GreennWhite wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:08 pm Lets all just keep on enjoying this season and see where it takes us. If we get to 100 points and its still not enough to get automatic promotion then all we can do is applaud the 2 teams above us. Not getting getting automatic promotion with 100 points sounds crazy but this season it may not just be enough.
If we did reach the 100 point mark and didn't get that automatic spot I would like to think we wouldnt end up having a go at the team or the manager just because we didn't get up. Sometimes its just not meant to be your day, and we are Leeds after all, we dont do things the easy way :)
I think whatever happens we cant be too hard on them, DF has done a terrific job when you roll it back to last summer and the mess he iherited.

But whoever misses out can hold their heads high for a campaign well fought. Plaudits too to DF for keeping control of the players and getting the best ot of them
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:25 pm I think whatever happens we cant be too hard on them, DF has done a terrific job when you roll it back to last summer and the mess he iherited.

But whoever misses out can hold their heads high for a campaign well fought. Plaudits too to DF for keeping control of the players and getting the best ot of them
Totally agree.

Also worth noting how Farke dealt with Djed Spence by sending him back as soon as the opportunity was there to do so in a correct and professional manner. Also tried hard to only say nice things about him as a person when questioned about the decision which showed a lot of class in my opinion.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Farke has been a godsend to our club.

Anyone who is negative about Dan this season needs to give their head a good shake.
Johnthewhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnthewhite »

:clap: :clap:
1964white wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:29 am Farke has been a godsend to our club.

Anyone who is negative about Dan this season needs to give their head a good shake.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

What exactly is "negative"?

Only ask because isn't a manager in the world who has universal collective applause for everything every game.

Pep, Klopp, Inzaghi, Alonso, none of them.

So what exactly is "negative"

Hate that term, condescending.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Perhaps it should be anyone who is 'overly negative.'

Everyone has the right to state their opinions etc and Farke has got some things wrong but he has got a hell of a lot right.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

I think we’ve been fortunate to have him.

At one point it looked like Alladyce might be offered the job, shudder.

We were in a right state at the start of the closed season. Owner issues, players jumping ship left and right and no manager at the helm.

I for one didn’t expect us to be we are now, playoffs seemed a dream at one point.

This season could have been a car crash. It’s now looking a tad more positive. Farke is the main reason.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:29 am Farke has been a godsend to our club.

No one here then
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"