Premier League debate

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Premier League debate

Post by The Subhuman »

Rumours Man City are keeping a watching brief on the Declan Rice proceedings, ready to step in.. Three things occur if true

1. Where would this leave Kalvin?
2. Is this Man City preventing rivals getting better?
3. Could we see Kalvin headed to London Stadium as part of a player plus cash swap deal?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Premiership debate

Post by Jaydog »

1. On the bench
2. Yes
3. Quite possible. He’d get way more game time.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

KP could end up at the Emirates if Rice leaves WH
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Kalvin must move on, even without the arrival of Rice.
There Is Only One United.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I thought it was nailed on Rice was for Arsenal as he doesn't want to leave London? KP perhaps a good alternative there if City poach him?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:22 pm I thought it was nailed on Rice was for Arsenal as he doesn't want to leave London? KP perhaps a good alternative there if City poach him?
Money talks and he'd probably be guaranteed a EPL winners medal plus. I'm sure he'd go straight in the City team as he could play alongside Rodri whereas Kalvin needs to replace him. Bit more to Rice's game.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Only a rumour though
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:47 pm Money talks and he'd probably be guaranteed a EPL winners medal plus. I'm sure he'd go straight in the City team as he could play alongside Rodri whereas Kalvin needs to replace him. Bit more to Rice's game.
Indeed it does, and silverware/bobbles pretty much nailed on. Rice reminds a little of Klich insomuch as a lot of what he does is unheralded, very good player. Kalvin has a decision to make this summer, as he isn't ousting Rodri bar injury or an unlikely drop off in form. Particularly with the Euros around the corner, sitting on the City bench will not do him any favours.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:04 pm KP could end up at the Emirates if Rice leaves WH
I would wager that Arteta would know how to use him similar to Bert, whereas Pep just doesn't see 'it'
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:07 pm I would wager that Arteta would know how to use him similar to Bert, whereas Pep just doesn't see 'it'
I think Pep knows exactly what Kalvin can do, Kenny, it's just that Rodri does it better.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

lufc1304 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:12 pm I think Pep knows exactly what Kalvin can do, Kenny, it's just that Rodri does it better.
In that 2 role yes, but i can't believe he's not studied and tried KP in the 4-1-4-1 role, at least in a lesser Milk cup game for one, although i think he's been favouring a 3-2-4-1

I'd love to see the current Citeh forward mids trying a 4-1-4-1
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:12 pm I think Pep knows exactly what Kalvin can do, Kenny, it's just that Rodri does it better.
Agreed, Kalvin was bought as cover and to maybe prevent other teams getting a stud at his position. He's likely sitting on the bench till Rodri moves on. I don't think he'll get much say in the matter..
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1. Where would this leave Kalvin?
Sold, Rice is a much better player and KP hardly got a kick when he wasn't there.

Partly maybe, but Rice is class as well.

3. Could we see Kalvin headed to London Stadium as part of a player plus cash swap deal?

Wouldn't be a shock.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Needs to be a loan to a Championship club imo for Kalvin, but only one that plays in white and the ground rhymes with Hellend Mode
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

This subject should have been on the Citeh or Kalvin Phillips threads, but hey-ho, carry on.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:31 pm This subject should have been on the Citeh or Kalvin Phillips threads, but hey-ho, carry on.
Or a defensive midfielders thread or West ham thread or Arsenal thread or a ......

C'mon, a general premiership thread makes sense as it's not our division. I'm a massive American football fan and there are others here but I wouldn't consider starting 32 threads on American football threads, one for each team
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:07 pm I would wager that Arteta would know how to use him similar to Bert, whereas Pep just doesn't see 'it'
I'm gonna start calling you Howard
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:11 pm 1. Where would this leave Kalvin?
Sold, Rice is a much better player and KP hardly got a kick when he wasn't there.

Partly maybe, but Rice is class as well.

Wouldn't be a shock.
I cant see KP fitting in at Citeh now.
Pep seems to behaving success with his John Stones role as hybrid MF which is giving him control all over the pitch.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Kalvin isn't good enough for the City team, its rather oblivious when he spends so much time on the bench, even in games when they are strolling it he doesn't get on much.
He isn't as good as Rice and was over hyped while playing for us. He is a good player but has a way to go yet to be up on that top rung of the ladder.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:51 pm I cant see KP fitting in at Citeh now.
Pep seems to behaving success with his John Stones role as hybrid MF which is giving him control all over the pitch.
Looking at it objectively it never made a huge amount of sense from the start.

Man City fans were absolutely convinced they should have kept Romeo Lavia and not signed KP.

He's much younger. And now Lavia is being linked with people like Chelsea and Arsenal and City themselves.

Signing Phillips who is actually older than Rodri a player who rarely ever gets injured and was himself signed to replace the much older Fernandinio made little sense.

The younger Lavia made more sense to play the backup role and to slowly become the successor.

Man City signings KP did seem more of a keep him away from rivals move than a player they particularly wanted

If they sign Rice, they still have a buy option on Lavia and signed Máximo Perrone whose only 20 and apparently really highly rated who plays in the exact same role as KP then can't see any other option for KP than leaving.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom