Premier League Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Premier League debate

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:10 pm Bit of a fraud Poch . . . . . .

Has a manager had a reputation as an "elite manager" whilst achieving so little.

Absolutely brilliant manager

Hence the joke question :)
Yup. 4-3
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Yeah his reputation is a bit inflated. Did well at Saints but they seemed to be on the up when he went there. Did well at Spurs but should have won the league in the season when Leicester did bot bottled it - with Leicester winning the title it shows that that season it was more about City, Liverpool etc being s**t rather than Spurs or Leicester being brilliant.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Oh dear , just got home in time to watch moan utd lose, what a bloody good evening :tup: :)
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The BBC pronounced the Sheff Utd keeper as Garbage. Apt.
Ipswich won’t fade. As predicted.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:55 pm Video not available in my area. Assume you're talking about Foden. If only Southgate could figure out how to use him.

Foden-Bellingham-Kane-Saka-Rice should be tearing up the international stage.
Yes Andrew, Foden is currently the most talented player in the England squad, imo.

Can he replicate his Citeh form for England? Probably not under Southgate :( Pep gives Foden the licence to have the freedom of the park, one minute he's on the right, then he's on the left & in a blink of an eye, PF is showing his silky skills & cutting through the heart of an opposition's defence. Pep has played Foden as a false No.9 on several occasions, Phil is that good, he can play in any of the attacking positions.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:30 pm Oh dear , just got home in time to watch moan utd lose, what a bloody good evening :tup: :)
Brilliant, especially after scum went 2-3 up after 70 minutes. :lol:
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:51 pm Brilliant, especially after scum went 2-3 up after 70 minutes. :lol:
Yea, it was 2-3 when I got home from ER, watched the last 10 mins and thought, how nice would it be if chelsea (who I hate as well) were to score again in added time. :)
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Composure gone Mark :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Having seen the state of the recent Everton accounts I don't think Everton fans can complain (they will scousers love a moan).
Signed

King Cjay

mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Cjay wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:05 pm
Having seen the state of the recent Everton accounts I don't think Everton fans can complain (they will scousers love a moan).
Still doing their level best to keep them in the PL though.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just posted this on the BBC comments page.

Screenshot 2024-04-08 14.24.13.png
WestgateRun
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WestgateRun »

Slap on the wrist for Everton. They still have a lead over Luton and Forest, plus games in hand.
But Luton are still to play Everton, hope they win that one.
Still waiting for the judgement on Citeh...I expect their highly paid lawyers will ensure the can is kicked down the road once again.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

WestgateRun wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:29 pm Slap on the wrist for Everton. They still have a lead over Luton and Forest, plus games in hand.
But Luton are still to play Everton, hope they win that one.
Still waiting for the judgement on Citeh...I expect their highly paid lawyers will ensure the can is kicked down the road once again.
It won't happen next season anyway as they've decided in their infinite wisdom to scrap points deductions !!
It will be fines from next season, ensuring the rich clubs can easily pay off their minor disgressions, not a bit of a joke, purely farcical.
What happens with clubs like Leicester is anyones guess.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Wow
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:31 pm
Wow
About time someone said it.. VAR needs looking into, it just ain't working. We have it, lets use it to get the right decisions
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:31 pm
Wow
My take on the three decisions - not enough in any of the incidents to qualify as a clear and obvious error.
Perhaps the handball would have resulted in the ref getting a request to review on pitch side monitor on another day. But I think it was the right decision no pen.
Wish the rules would revert to hand /arm towards the ball.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Why our fans would wish to be part of a corrupt Premier League is beyond me, though bias officials are apparent in the championship.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:58 am Why our fans would wish to be part of a corrupt Premier League is beyond me, though bias officials are apparent in the championship.
Seeing some of the best players on the planet, in the flesh, is reason enough for me mate.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:38 pm My take on the three decisions - not enough in any of the incidents to qualify as a clear and obvious error.
Perhaps the handball would have resulted in the ref getting a request to review on pitch side monitor on another day. But I think it was the right decision no pen.
Wish the rules would revert to hand /arm towards the ball.
I've seen the 50/50 handballs given this season.

The 3rd one is a definite penalty, Young clattered into the back of the Everton forward & never touched the ball. How VAR didn't insist the referee to look at the incident again is beyond me.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

VAR isn't the problem, it's the incompetent twats running it that's the problem.
Also the refs, they need upgrading to idiots now we've had our fill of pillocks.
4 linesmen who the ref needs to listen to and get shot of the coppers nark.