Leeds Utd 2-2 Newcastle Utd - Post Match Debate.

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd 2-2 Newcastle Utd - Post Match Debate.

Post by GreennWhite »

Best thing to do with other supporters that come on and have a go is to just ignore them. If no one bothers to reply they will soon piss off.
Any chance it is Bongo under another name ??? Or is he too busy having it off with Kenny after they met up for the game :)
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Missed the first half.
Was there a reason Rodrigo didn’t take the penalty?
It’s the only time I’ve been confident when he takes them.
mabull63
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by mabull63 »

This 2-2 result does constitue one of our best performances of the season, given the context and the fact that Newcastle are in the top five and have a budget that dwarfs our resources. There are too many negative comments in this forum about the team today, because several players have already improved a lot during the past two weeks; including but not limited to Ayling, Koch, McKennie and Kristensen and we now have a goalkeeper who does his job to a high standard. Firpo panicked today but there is no surprise about this because he has always been intimidated by the best or very high quality opponents. When under high pressure, many inferior players always buckle, it is not lack of effort, it is lack of talent and/or lack of self-belief. As for Bamford, he has never been a top-class high-scoring striker and never will be and furthermore the club has had more than two years to solve the problem of Bamford and the Board keeps failing to do so. Why do we buy Rutter and keep him on the bench? Because he is not up to it? It is the Board who is not up to it. The players and Allardyce need to be supported to the greatest extent possible for the final two matches and we will also need some luck with other results. Keep the faith.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Newcastle Utd Match Thread

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 4:39 pm What is the point in coming on here and saying we are one of the worst two sides you’ve seen this season. That helps how exactly. Why don’t you bask in your current success and leave us to it. I just find that kind of thing pretty tedious and argumentative for no apparent reason.
Well said my carrot crunching friend. No one likes gloating opposition fans. That Bongo on the other hand seems a decent sort and think there was someone called the fish or something of the ilk that seemed ok. Can't stand smug fans who get carried away and look at everyone else like they are idiots for supporting a different team. I remember getting corporate tickets to Newcastle v Leeds up at St James Park in the season under Keegan when they looked like they were going to win the league. I had to sit amongst their fans and they were such pr*cks and full of it that I actually wanted Man U to win the title that year because of them - that shows how bad they were. We should have beat them that day, we led 1-0 only for a Lukic howler to let them level and then they won 2-1. Richard Jobson, in our defence, was immense that day, such a shame injuries hampered him so much.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 4:48 pm Tbf Newcastle have been meaningless to anyone outside of Newcastle for decades (and I lived there and like Newcastle).

Sunderland and Boro have won a major trophy more recently.

Haven't won a top league title for nearly 100 years.

We have won 3 or 4 major trophies since they last won one

We despite being outside of the top flight for so long are officially considered a more valuable club than Newcastle

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... 314328.amp

We've been to 2 Semi finals of the top European football competition and 1 final

They've never got past the groups.

Must be nice to be relevant again I suppose and it took accepting being a sports washing club for a brutal Dictatorship to do it.

Been nearly a century of irrelevance :)
Brilliant Cjay...... :lol:
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Ackermann wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:21 pm Thank god we won`t see Firpo this season anymore...
Was Firpo's sending off a straight red? If so it's a 3 game ban

If it was a 2nd yellow, it's only a 1 game ban
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

The Subhuman wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:21 pm Will make a lot happy here .. strange day for Junior, I had him on 8 points at HT, he's ending up with 4....
He was decent for most of the game. Then 3 big errors that turned it (2 yellows and the pen)
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Irish Ian wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:22 pm Should gave been yanked after his escape earlier.

That's on the manager.
I don't know why managers don't pull players on a yellow card. Especially in this case we had Strujik as a decent replacement.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Irish Ian wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:24 pm Was that Kenny being led away?? :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

The Subhuman wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:28 pm Deserved more but a draw is decent. Didn't think much of Newcastle and Kristensen MOTM in only his second start at CB
Razz looks every bit a center back
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

DDB220 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:29 pm Forshaw played well when he came on. At least he has some composure. He will start the next game.
He looks a class above the rest of our midfield - shame he keeps getting injured
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:25 pm Well said my carrot crunching friend. No one likes gloating opposition fans. That Bongo on the other hand seems a decent sort and think there was someone called the fish or something of the ilk that seemed ok. Can't stand smug fans who get carried away and look at everyone else like they are idiots for supporting a different team. I remember getting corporate tickets to Newcastle v Leeds up at St James Park in the season under Keegan when they looked like they were going to win the league. I had to sit amongst their fans and they were such pr*cks and full of it that I actually wanted Man U to win the title that year because of them - that shows how bad they were. We should have beat them that day, we led 1-0 only for a Lukic howler to let them level and then they won 2-1. Richard Jobson, in our defence, was immense that day, such a shame injuries hampered him so much.
Carrots help me see in the dark but also to see through all the s**t that Geordies write. It’s murky stuff.
In fairness I’m glad Spotty Dick pointed it out as I thought we were very close to being a Champions League side, PL title winners, FA Cup winners, Crufts, The Derby and Masterchef. No one’s ever done that before.
Aussieleeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Aussieleeds »

mabull63 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:53 pm This 2-2 result does constitue one of our best performances of the season, given the context and the fact that Newcastle are in the top five and have a budget that dwarfs our resources. There are too many negative comments in this forum about the team today, because several players have already improved a lot during the past two weeks; including but not limited to Ayling, Koch, McKennie and Kristensen and we now have a goalkeeper who does his job to a high standard. Firpo panicked today but there is no surprise about this because he has always been intimidated by the best or very high quality opponents. When under high pressure, many inferior players always buckle, it is not lack of effort, it is lack of talent and/or lack of self-belief. As for Bamford, he has never been a top-class high-scoring striker and never will be and furthermore the club has had more than two years to solve the problem of Bamford and the Board keeps failing to do so. Why do we buy Rutter and keep him on the bench? Because he is not up to it? It is the Board who is not up to it. The players and Allardyce need to be supported to the greatest extent possible for the final two matches and we will also need some luck with other results. Keep the faith.
Yep, this.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:16 pm Razz looks every bit a center back
Always said so... God knows how managers see players as something they're not. Only Marsch saw Rasmus as a RB and we know his thinking was massively flawed
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:10 pm Brilliant Cjay...... :lol:
True though :)

I genuinely like Geordies, lovely people.

But coming here giving it large when anyone who remembers your last major league title is expecting a note from the King or dead is a bit rich

Mention Leeds to football fans around the world and they may Mention Revie or Wilko or Armfield or even O'Leary or Bielsa.

Mention Newcastle and its this
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:30 pm True though :)

I genuinely like Geordies, lovely people.

But coming here giving it large when anyone who remembers your last major league title is expecting a note from the King or dead is a bit rich

Mention Leeds to football fans around the world and they may Mention Revie or Wilko or Armfield or even O'Leary or Bielsa.

Mention Newcastle and its this

Even better :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

But I do like Bongo.....
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

JoeDenver wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:35 pm Switching gears discussion-wise…

I thought playing Koch at DM was a master stroke. I’ve been advocating for Wober to play there, but the fact that we had some bite there allowed McKennie and Forshaw to play further afield in their more natural roles. Curious to see how we line up next week…
All games this season, Forshaw has been playing as a deep DMC. He used to play further forward when we had KP, playing as an 8 or 10. But it seems settle now that he's a defensive mid. Today, Koch and Forhsaw pretty much played as 2 defensive mids - Saw Koch further forward than Forshaw a few times.

Not knocking that role. He seems realy well suited to it. Covers a lot of ground and makes smart decisions when he has the ball.
Ackermann
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ackermann »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:13 pm Was Firpo's sending off a straight red? If so it's a 3 game ban

If it was a 2nd yellow, it's only a 1 game ban
Shyte, the guy never fails to disappoint, as it was the second yellow I believe.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Finnatic wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:32 pm Missed the first half.
Was there a reason Rodrigo didn’t take the penalty?
It’s the only time I’ve been confident when he takes them.
Bamford has been 1st choice penalty taker since 2020.

But everyone knows he's lost his touch in front of goal. Should have been handed to Rodrigo who never looks unconfident.