Bournemouth v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Bournemouth v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by JoeDenver »

GreennWhite wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:48 pm Just outside Philadelphia. Been here quite a few times ( did a 3 month road trip last Spring ) so just taking it easy on this trip. Heading off to Canada for 10 days and will visit Montreal, Toronto and then Niagara falls.
Hoping to get tickets to watch the Union play at some point also taking in a Phillies game as well. Not that i know much about baseball though :)
Ahh, nice! Enjoy your time. Was curious if you were heading to the Rockies. Weather might still be chilly in Canada, but hope it works out. Safe travels!
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

JoeDenver wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:22 pm Ahh, nice! Enjoy your time. Was curious if you were heading to the Rockies. Weather might still be chilly in Canada, but hope it works out. Safe travels!
Thanks for that Joe.
Actually stopped off in Denver last March for a few days then onto Grand Junction for 2 days before heading onwards. Got lovely weather as well which made it more enjoyable.
I have skied in the Rockies in the past a few times, its a great area.
All the best and take care :tup:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Watch the full 90 minutes this evening.

I didn't think the cherries were that good. We had more possession, shots, corners, one less shot on target.

We gifted Bournemouth four goals with the same stupid errors we've witnessed all season.

So many hit & miss performances.

How the hell are we supposed to win matches with such a weak central midfield?

Forshaw produced more in the first ten minutes he was on the pitch than McKennie did in 70 minutes.

Wober, Koch, Summerville, Gnonto, Ayling & Forshaw our best performers.

Meslier needs to be rested for his own sanity & peace of mind.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

1964white wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:21 pm Watch the full 90 minutes this evening.

I didn't think the cherries were that good. We had more possession, shots, corners, one less shot on target.

We gifted Bournemouth four goals with the same stupid errors we've witnessed all season.

So many hit & miss performances.

How the hell are we supposed to win matches with such a weak central midfield?

Forshaw produced more in the first ten minutes he was on the pitch than McKennie did in 70 minutes.

Wober, Koch, Summerville, Gnonto, Ayling & Forshaw our best performers.

Meslier needs to be rested for his own sanity & peace of mind.
Curious to see how you’d rate the players after rewatching things.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

It will be interesting to see if Sam drops the underperforming players that we are stick of watching every week or just changes formation etc. ?
There Is Only One United.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

JoeDenver wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:16 am Curious to see how you’d rate the players after rewatching things.
Majority of my stats up now, Joe.

I'll post up my player ratings later.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

billysboots wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:35 am It will be interesting to see if Sam drops the underperforming players that we are stick of watching every week or just changes formation etc. ?
Not sure he can make too many changes, Billy :duno:

Robles would be my main change

Forshaw to start.

Wober alongside Koch.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:02 am Not sure he can make too many changes, Billy :duno:

Robles would be my main change

Forshaw to start.

Wober alongside Koch.
I suppose a lot in regards to the Messlier/Robles option is down to whether SA can sort out Messlier's head and SA has a good reputation for that and giving players confidence. I would hope SA has had him working on punching the ball and getting decent distance on it as am sure anyone watching just our last few games will have noticed the flaps.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:09 am I suppose a lot in regards to the Messlier/Robles option is down to whether SA can sort out Messlier's head and SA has a good reputation for that and giving players confidence. I would hope SA has had him working on punching the ball and getting decent distance on it as am sure anyone watching just our last few games will have noticed the flaps.
Why can't he catch the ball?

Meslier is tall & big enough to catch it, let's face it goalies are hardly challenged physically nowadays.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:18 am Why can't he catch the ball?

Meslier is tall & big enough to catch it, let's face it goalies are hardly challenged physically nowadays.
It is a strange one that over the years keepers catch the ball a lot less. You'd have thought it would have gone the other way given how much protection keepers get nowadays. I know some blame the lightness of the ball now, it moves more etc, but it doesn't ring true to me. Sure sometimes from a free kick it may be swerving like crazy but generally a cross, especially froma corner, is moving in a fairly predictable way.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

I always thought it was the European type keepers that punched or palmed away shots, rarely tried to catch anything. British keepers in the old days like Jennings, Clemence, Corrigan, Banks would hardly ever do that and tried to catch the ball most of the time. It has slowly worked its way into modern football these days.
I dont see a problem with it as long as they do it well and the ball is cleared properly.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

1964white wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:00 am Majority of my stats up now, Joe.

I'll post up my player ratings later.
Thanks, Leon! I was particularly curious about your Forshaw assessment given your comment about him in your McKennie assessment. Thanks!