Bournemouth v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Re: Bournemouth v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

leedsalex wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:16 pm I am not a Bielsa hater thats for sure but i am 100 sure that if he had stay we would't survive. The bad thing is that we replaced him with March. But we all know that the biggest problem is Orta . He is the one responsible for our relegation.
Orta did it with Boro and now he's about to do it with us.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:20 pm Or maybe do what Burnley have just done!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:20 pm Or maybe do what Burnley have just!
Not a chance. That'll be Southampton or Forest. We'll end up like Stoke.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Best of luck to all the Heidi's out there,you must be gluttons for punishment and i admire you and wish you well and a speedy recovery, which i very much doubt.

I can't even watch us on the tele when we're that shite.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

leedsalex wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:16 pm I am not a Bielsa hater thats for sure but i am 100 sure that if he had stay we would't survive. The bad thing is that we replaced him with March. But we all know that the biggest problem is Orta . He is the one responsible for our relegation.

Bollocks, if we stayed up playing playground stuff when we got the cavalry back, the genius would've had us in 15th and not going intothe last game needing Burnley to lose.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Fair question, why were we the ones that looked like we played on Thursday? Completely gassed in the 70th minute.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:17 pm That’s something even we are incapable of. 5 defeats in 4 games. Although 2 x 10-0 defeats might be its numerical equivalent
Oops...I used to be good at numbers :lol:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Well boyz, when's the last time you saw our defence play their way out of trouble and actually go on the offense without hoofing the ball forward ?

Nah, though not, and it'll be a fcking long time before we see it again i'll tell thi.

I'M FCKING LIVID :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :evil: :evil:

;@)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Not sure why people have to constantly rake over the coals.

We are where we are. That team needs some inspiration, confidence and a shot in the arm. We have lost any form of identity in terms of how we play.

Too many changes in defensive formation and style of play, there is zero composure at the back. The players look clueless and lost.

IMO we have a team effectively created to play in a certain way. Defensively we have been set up as a unit to press, win the ball back high up the pitch as much as possible, in transition play out / quick transitional counter, which used to make a lot of teams more reluctant to commit men forward in attack. When the system worked it looked fantastic and when we got carved open it looked a nightmare.

But now we are playing championship football, no game plan, no confidence - just punt it. We do not have the physicality anywhere on the pitch to engage in personal battles, which is what is happening, that is frustration on the players part.

Not sure what the answer is, need a leader to emerge from somewhere within the club to get a grip of things and at least go down with a fight. Right now the team look resigned and we are whimpering our way to relegation.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Been no fight in this lot for a very very long time.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Scott wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:04 pm Graham Smyth has just said Dallas was with the squad, I've seen Tyler Adams at recent games and Cooper when he wasinjured, but I haven't seen Dallas for a while. Not on the bench today, but hopefully that means he's close to returning.
As our temporary manager for our remaining four games, hopefully.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:07 pm Another not unexpected (by me at least) heavy defeat. Another abject, pathetic and embarrassing display. Confidence totally shot! As I’ve said before, we will struggle to get another point this season. We need to go back down to the Championship and re-group, reassess, lose a lot of these current players and start again!
Exactly this.
The championship is the best place for us right now. Absolutely pig sick we'll be playing Ipswich next season though.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Here they are

The people in day to day charge of our club
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:26 pm Absolutely disgraceful from Meslier

Unchallenged easy take

Flaps
Should have been dropped after the Fulham fiasco :roll:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:00 pm Not sure why people have to constantly rake over the coals.

We are where we are. That team needs some inspiration, confidence and a shot in the arm. We have lost any form of identity in terms of how we play.

Too many changes in defensive formation and style of play, there is zero composure at the back. The players look clueless and lost.

IMO we have a team effectively created to play in a certain way. Defensively we have been set up as a unit to press, win the ball back high up the pitch as much as possible, in transition play out / quick transitional counter, which used to make a lot of teams more reluctant to commit men forward in attack. When the system worked it looked fantastic and when we got carved open it looked a nightmare.

But now we are playing championship football, no game plan, no confidence - just punt it. We do not have the physicality anywhere on the pitch to engage in personal battles, which is what is happening, that is frustration on the players part.

Not sure what the answer is, need a leader to emerge from somewhere within the club to get a grip of things and at least go down with a fight. Right now the team look resigned and we are whimpering our way to relegation.
Good post.

I think it's too late for us as the body language suggests the players are shot.

Mes needs taken out of the firing line though.
I
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

The streams nowadays are equally as hopeless so I can't comment on the action, but another loss adds to the desperation.

Radz, Orta & co are responsible and out of their depth in the PL. Sound the sirens, send out an S.O.S then hopefully the squad will get the message, role up their sleeves and muck in to get this club over the line. 'It isn't over till the fat lady sings', but if other results don't go in Leed's favour it might as well be, 'It's not over until the mockingjay sings.'
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:29 pm It's so easy for our opponents
It has been all season, James.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Didn't bother watching today as I am in the middle of a big gardening project that Mrs Chilli wants finished but am not at all surprised by the result.
We're championship bound and that's that.
Absolutely no point staying up and having more of the same next season.
The whole club needs a re-set. I think we could see at least 10 of the current squad leave in the summer.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:14 pm
Here they are

The people in day to day charge of our club
Hopefully discussing what to put in their resignation letters.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:36 pm Wober on for Cooper.

🍒 Look terrified, they've just noticed Forshaw warming his mobility scooter 🛵 up :lol:
:rol: :rol: :rol: :rol: