Georginio Rutter-

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Georginio Rutter-

Post by The Subhuman »

Geo seems to go into his shell when Piroe plays too.. Did at the start of the season, did today .
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Rutter had a really bad start to the season and a poor last few games. This has reflected in our results in those periods.

He is young and plays a hit or miss type of game. So he needs some effective coaching or we need decent another creative option.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Whatever has happened to him after that international break his form has completely collapsed in every way

Hasn't been creating chances, hasn't been running with the ball successfully down the pitch dragging us forward, hasn't actually been completing dribbles at all really.

Probably no coincidence his collapse has coincided with ours given how vital his creativity has been this season.

Is he just knackered? Has he been rushed back too soon? Is he even properly fit?

Is it too late to find an alternative? DF has been so reliant on him all season has he even got an alternative?

He was always a risk vs reward player with it being fine if the positives outweighed his negatives (much like Bamford in Bielsa time).

But since the international break they haven't.

So what does Farke do?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:06 pm Whatever has happened to him after that international break his form has completely collapsed in every way

Hasn't been creating chances, hasn't been running with the ball successfully down the pitch dragging us forward, hasn't actually been completing dribbles at all really.

Probably no coincidence his collapse has coincided with ours given how vital his creativity has been this season.

Is he just knackered? Has he been rushed back too soon? Is he even properly fit?

Is it too late to find an alternative? DF has been so reliant on him all season has he even got an alternative?

He was always a risk vs reward player with it being fine if the positives outweighed his negatives (much like Bamford in Bielsa time).

But since the international break they haven't.

So what does Farke do?
100% something to do with that hernia op. I mean f**king he'll talk about rushing someone back from an op. f**k me he didn't have time for recovery or to train and get up to speed I do realise it wasn't as bad apparently this op but still. It was bandage him up stick a plaster on him and he'll be allright. Clearly not
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Rutter has

1. Has been clattered week in week out, that has to take a toll on the body
2. Played more games in a season than ever before
3. Had surgery

No wonder he is gubbed

Im wondering if the reason that Piroe hasnt had as good a season as we needed is because Rutter has?
Was the reason that DF brought Piroe in that he had no expectations of Rutter?

So could Piroe play as a 10 in the playoffs behind Jospeh or Bamford?

'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:15 pm Rutter has

3. Had surgery

No wonder he is gubbed

Im wondering if the reason that Piroe hasnt had as good a season as we needed is because Rutter has?

I would not be adverse to this - Bring Geo on against tired legs, he is losing the ball too much and right now the suggested reward does not compensate for the risk. He is working hard and I had hoped he would regain some of his form. There has been glimpses but not enough to prevent questioning his selection.

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:15 pm Rutter has

3. Had surgery

No wonder he is gubbed

I don't like the lack of pace with Paddy and Piroe in the middle together.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:11 pm I don't like the lack of pace with Paddy and Piroe in the middle together.
That reeks of poor transitional play, IMHO.

Gnonto (or perhaps Gelhardt) deserves the shout at the 10. No shortage of wingers to man the right. Jimmy could also be a shout at the 10, which would allow Anthony or Gnonto to man the LW spot (or, crazy thought, James in an inverted role)…. So many possibilities!! Would be nice to have an idea of a Plan B or C by this point of the season…
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

IF we were guilty of not changing the team enough during the regular season, then fair enough. But thats in the past. Making changes now when we have 3 ( hopefully ) very important games is just daft. We have to stick with what we have/had this season and hope our players turn up on the day, as they certainly havent turned up in the last few games.
Farke can talk 24 hrs a day to them if he wants,but once they cross the white line its up to them to do whats required.
Will they be able to do that after whats gone on lately ?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:32 pm I would not be adverse to this - Bring Geo on against tired legs, he is losing the ball too much and right now the suggested reward does not compensate for the risk. He is working hard and I had hoped he would regain some of his form. There has been glimpses but not enough to prevent questioning his selection.
Bamford has to start.

Joseph did nothing in the 35 minutes he was on as a sub against the Saints, not his fault as the whole team were poor!

Let's face it, as a team we've become worse without Paddy, his experience is clearly required now.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

just not as good as few people hyped him up to

in and out of games in the championship, will be anonymous in the prem (if he ever gets there)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:24 am Bamford has to start.

Joseph did nothing in the 35 minutes he was on as a sub against the Saints, not his fault as the whole team were poor!

Let's face it, as a team we've become worse without Paddy, his experience is clearly required now.
Tough game for Joseph to make any meaningful contribution. The reality is - it does not matter how good your 9 happens to be if you cannot progress the ball up the pitch.

I forgot Joseph was on the pitch watching the game. Ironically, he still made someone’s top 6 in the ratings.

When Meslier had nothing meaningful to do during that run of victories, he would get a 5.

Best not to suggest hypocrisy.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:24 am Bamford has to start.

If Bamford is fit I am pretty certain DF will select him. But this does create a headache regarding Piroe and Rutter.
Piroe was arguably one of, if not our best player against Southampton. Tough decision to be made, which he will get wrong for many regardless of what he decides if the selection does not deliver a positive result.

Personally, it will be a tough ask we if we have a deficit of more than 1 goal for the return leg. We need to be as compact as possible for the away game and avoid defeat, if that means Geo is on the bench I would not have an issue.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:56 am Tough game for Joseph to make any meaningful contribution. The reality is - it does not matter how good your 9 happens to be if you cannot progress the ball up the pitch.

I forgot Joseph was on the pitch watching the game. Ironically, he still made someone’s top 6 in the ratings.

When Meslier had nothing meaningful to do during that run of victories, he would get a 5.

As I posted, not his fault as the rest were poor, none of our subs made an impact, a couple of good moments from Roberts was all I can recall.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:06 pm If Bamford is fit I am pretty certain DF will select him. But this does create a headache regarding Piroe and Rutter.
Piroe was arguably one of, if not our best player against Southampton. Tough decision to be made, which he will get wrong for many regardless of what he decides if the selection does not deliver a positive result.

Personally, it will be a tough ask we if we have a deficit of more than 1 goal for the return leg. We need to be as compact as possible for the away game and avoid defeat, if that means Geo is on the bench I would not have an issue.
Piroe was our best player against the Saints.

Piroe in for Rutter, playing behind Bamford for me.

Georginio could be the impact sub we need off the bench in the final twenty minutes.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

DDB220 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:56 am Tough game for Joseph to make any meaningful contribution. The reality is - it does not matter how good your 9 happens to be if you cannot progress the ball up the pitch.

3 of the 6 that voted ...
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I'd drop rutter and bring him on as an impact.
Since his operation he's he's done naff all to speak of.
Summerville and Gnonto need to up their game as well.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

If James is fit use Piroe at 9 & Gnonto at 10, was impressed by Piroe against the Saints & no need for sticking Gnonto on the wing as he’s ignored most of the time. Unlike most of our other midfielders Gnonto isn’t afraid to have a pop & could benefit from being in the middle of the pitch rather than twiddling his thumbs on the wing. Bamford & Geo coming on with fresh legs against tired defences could work as well. They’re not major changes & could be tweaked if needed.
Keeping The Faith