Leeds Utd 1-3 Manchester City - Post Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Match Thread Leeds Utd 1-3 Manchester City - Post Match Thread

Post by Ellandback1 »

Wednesday 28th December 8:00pm | Elland Road

Leeds United return to action against Manchester City on Wednesday evening, following the five-week World Cup break without a number of keys players. Jesse Marsch's team sit perilously close to the drop zone, and with the trip to third place Newcastle Utd at the weekend, festive cheer may quickly turn to anguish going into the New Year.

Leeds have concerns over ten first team players. Patrick Bamford's return from injury has coincided with illness, leaving the 29 year old unable to train, thus ruling him out for the foreseeable future. Luis Sinisterra is out too, but should at least resume training in a couple of weeks. Stuart Dallas's return to action has been put on hold, after it was revealed that the 31 year old had to undergo further clean up surgery. Tyler Adams is ruled out through suspension.

Crysencio Summerville (ankle), Mateusz Klich (illness) and Harrison (groin) were all rated doubtful but will make the bench. Ilan Meslier has recovered enough from a bout of glandular fever to make the starting eleven. Kristensen, Struijk, Cooper and Koch will make up the defence. Roca, Forshaw and Greenwood are the midfield three with Aaronson and Gnoto expected to play wider with Rodrigoup front.

Former Leeds favourite Kalvin Phillips will miss the trip back to Elland Road following conditioning concerns. Pep Guardiola is furious with the 27 year old, who recently returned to training 'overweight', therefore losing his place in the first team squad.

Argentine World Cup winner Alvarez has been given an extended period of rest, whilst central defender Ruben Dias has a hamstring injury. Aymeric Laporte and Nathan Ake are set to compete for Dias’ spot. Kyle Walker, Joao Cancelo, Phil Foden, Bernardo Silva and Jones Stones are all hoping for a return to action.

Be more secure streaming games this season! Get NordVPN with 68% off + 3 months free...

Madron
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds Utd v Manchester City Match Thread

Post by Madron »

Something puzzles me. i expect someone may have an answer.
Why do some threads apparently get over 600 views within minutes of being posted ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Bots?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:39 amBots?
That explains it :tup:
Sockerist
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Sockerist »

If going by the form guide I would say Man City will pull our pants down and spank our bottoms red raw, and Pep will give Jesse a Tango slap at full time, just for good measure.

However, we have played well this season against the top teams and may pull off a surprise. I think if we come away with a draw, it's a good result. A win would be fantastic. If we must lose, it's about keeping it respectable.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

I don't think Leeds will be hammered at all. Home match with a lot of their players returning after a WC? Best time to play them. I don't think City will relish this one and if they do, they may get a surprise.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mountain wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:39 am I don't think Leeds will be hammered at all. Home match with a lot of their players returning after a WC? Best time to play them. I don't think City will relish this one and if they do, they may get a surprise.
Wouldn't surprise me too, I'm looking forward to the ER experience since Guy Fawkes day,
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

i beleive pep hasn't got a full squad for this game, think he is playing 10 overweight phillips as outfield players. so weve got a good chance of winning this game.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Robles
Kristensen
Struijk
Gyabi
Koch
Cooper - (if out then Hjelde for me but Marsch will go Llorente which would be a mistake)
Harrison (Don't like him on the right but Marsch won't change that for a while yet)
Roca
Rodrigo - (if out then I'd go Joseph who's more of a 9, tbh I'm not sure who JM would play there if no Paddy or Rodders, Gelhardt is a 10)
Aaronson
Gnonto - For Summerville
Last edited by The Subhuman on Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Erling will take pity on the club be truly loves
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I think we will get smashed... The good news is.... i said that against all the so called top teams, the only difference this time we are missing some of our best players with Adams being the main one. I have a feeling it will be Forshaw & Roca not enough legs in there if it is.

Erling coming home to Areland should be interesting. He's one of our own, he's one of our own, no doubt he'll score an Hattrick, but he's one of our own....

He'll buy us one day, He'll buy us one day... he's Erling Haaland and he'll buy us one day.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Cjay wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:35 pm Erling will take pity on the club be truly loves
yeah might only get a hatrick
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

It will be interesting to see if some of the new ideas that Jesse has been playing around with in Spain make it into this match. With Adams out I can see them going to a 4-3-3. Something like this...

-------------------------------Robles--------------------------------
Kristensen--------Koch-----------Cooper------------Struijk
-------------------------------Foreshaw---------------------------
--------------Aaronson------------------------Roca--------------
Gnonto-------------------Rodrigo--------------------Harrison
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:35 pm Erling will take pity on the club be truly loves
Will he f**k. 😀
Well maybe just a double hattrick then
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Forgot Adams was suspended
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Impossible to guess at a line up right now given all the question marks.

It's funny. We had 3 players at the world cup and none got past the last 16. Yet we're looking threadbare.

Citeh put out a strong team in the Carabao last week.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

The fixture list really screwed us over. No idea why we couldn't play today. Then a 3 day turnaround to Newcastle who got 2 extra days. Citeh don't play Saturday. It's just us who get fooked. 2 of the toughest fixtures of the year in 3 days.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:00 pm It will be interesting to see if some of the new ideas that Jesse has been playing around with in Spain make it into this match. With Adams out I can see them going to a 4-3-3. Something like this...

-------------------------------Robles--------------------------------
Kristensen--------Koch-----------Cooper------------Struijk
-------------------------------Foreshaw---------------------------
--------------Aaronson------------------------Roca--------------
Gnonto-------------------Rodrigo--------------------Harrison
AMazing how many people on here spell Forshaw with an e in it like foreskin - oh hang on maybe that explains it some sort of subliminal deviancy going on.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

weasel wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:41 pm AMazing how many people on here spell Forshaw with an e in it like foreskin - oh hang on maybe that explains it some sort of subliminal deviancy going on.
4sure
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:41 pm AMazing how many people on here spell Forshaw with an e in it like foreskin - oh hang on maybe that explains it some sort of subliminal deviancy going on.
Only in the mind of a weirdo