Leeds Utd 1-3 Manchester City - Post Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds Utd 1-3 Manchester City - Post Match Thread

Post by Boo Radley »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:54 pm Shots in target 1

Big chances 0

Meslier saves 7

Citeh had almost double the amount of touches of the ball, also three times as many successful passes
As long as we have Roca on the pitch our passing stats are going to be shite. He was dire last evening and should have been taken off by half-time. He couldn't complete even the shortest of passes.
His childish dash towards their box when we had already lost possession led directly to them having an overload for their first goal.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I'll be honest i thought about switching over in the first half, i just couldn't get into it. It was like a Buffalo being hounded by Wolves waiting for its inevitable end. I don't even think Citeh were at it.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Boo Radley wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:10 pm As long as we have Roca on the pitch our passing stats are going to be shite. He was dire last evening and should have been taken off by half-time. He couldn't complete even the shortest of passes.
His childish dash towards their box when we had already lost possession led directly to them having an overload for their first goal.
Roca was awful.

I've said all along when Adams is unavailable, we'll notice a massive difference without him.

Our midfield was weak as pee-juice last night.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:17 pm I'll be honest i thought about switching over in the first half, i just couldn't get into it. It was like a Buffalo being hounded by Wolves waiting for its inevitable end. I don't even think Citeh were at it.
Citeh won in second gear.

I'd rather have stayed at home, poured myself a large malt & watch the game in the comfort of our warm home, also I'd have been in bed by 10.30pm, as opposed to two hours later.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:33 pm Citeh won in second gear.

I'd rather have stayed at home, poured myself a large malt & watch the game in the comfort of our warm home, also I'd have been in bed by 10.30pm, as opposed to two hours later.
I always get a bit flat at this time of year after the hype of Christmas. The game just lacked something. :tup:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote: Citeh won in second gear.

Strange that...it's exactly what I did ImageImage

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:01 pm There is so much wrong with our tactics it boggles the mind.

A team that relies on turnovers to create chances fundamentally can't park the bus because you will win the ball back far to deep (if at all) to create a meaningful counter (especially when your main striker is a snail) Rodrigo pace has gone let's be honest.

We are so narrow it allows tricky wingers a run up (the last thing you want to do).

The central areas are to crowded and our players aren't good enough Or comfortable enough on the ball to pass in tight areas so resort to hoof which invariably comes straight back (or gives goals away).

But all that being said when your first 2 changes are Klich and Ayling and your midfield 3 contains Forshaw and Greenwood then you can see where the main issue lies.

The squad is pathetic and one of the weakest in the league.

And so much like Bielsa Marsch is being asked to perform miracles.

Doesn't excuse his daft tactics or cringe behaviour

But the rot starts from the top.
Agree, neither Bielsa or Marsch have been supported adequately as the squad has not evolved enough in all the windows.

We should have paid the fees for Gapko & White when they were going for the lowest prices at the time. We were prepared to splash out £25m on Dan James though, a player the majority of our fans knew he wasn't worth the money we paid for him.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote:Shots in target 1

Big chances 0

Meslier saves 7

Citeh had almost double the amount of touches of the ball, also three times as many successful passes
We can't pass piss ! I sometimes think our players are seeing double as the passes are so wide of the mark and I'm talking short 5 yd passes not just the long balls. Also the weight of the passes is regularly way off as well, just wtf do they do in training and playing the next obvious pass is beyond most of them. Do they actually watch match replays and go through things that could have been done better because it appears to me that learning to be better isn't part of it anymore.

1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:52 pm We can't pass piss ! I sometimes think our players are seeing double as the passes are so wide of the mark and I'm talking short 5 yd passes not just the long balls. Also the weight of the passes is regularly way off as well, just wtf do they do in training and playing the next obvious pass is beyond most of them. Do they actually watch match replays and go through things that could have been done better because it appears to me that learning to be better isn't part of it anymore.

They waste all their best passes in the pre-match warm-ups :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:43 pm Agree, neither Bielsa or Marsch have been supported adequately as the squad has not evolved enough in all the windows.

We should have paid the fees for Gapko & White when they were going for the lowest prices at the time. We were prepared to splash out £25m on Dan James though, a player the majority of our fans knew he wasn't worth the money we paid for him.
Can I just point out I was the ONLY one here saying pay the money for White .... Everyone else said he wasn't worth it.... It maybe Brighton were never going to sell to us as we were both relegation candidates but I think White would have preferred to come her then

Gakpo wouldn't have come here imo...

I do think our board is influenced by the fans hence a few shocking decisions

and hindsight is a wonderful thing
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

257.5M on players since we came up.... not including salaries
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:43 pm Agree, neither Bielsa or Marsch have been supported adequately as the squad has not evolved enough in all the windows.

Neither manager were properly supported it has to be said.

But Bielsa wanted a small senior squad, always has.

Marsch has had one thrust upon him

That is the only small consideration I have for him.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:19 pm 257.5M on players since we came up.... not including salaries
That's the league

That's normal.

That's the 14th lowest and our wage bill is likely bottom 3.

This is the league of money.

Those who have it do well and those who don't will always struggle.

Even Radz said as much the other day.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:32 pm Neither manager were properly supported it has to be said.

But Bielsa wanted a small senior squad, always has.

Marsch has had one thrust upon him

That is the only small consideration I have for him.
Bollox, if he didn't like the squad he shouldn't have come. We've added several of "his" players in the meantime so he's absolutely getting supported..
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:36 pm Bollox, if he didn't like the squad he shouldn't have come. We've added several of "his" players in the meantime so he's absolutely getting supported..
He is on record for liking a large senior squad.

Bielsa is on record for liking a small squad.

He wanted a left back and striker in the summer so that is 2 extra players we know he wanted.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:43 pm He is on record for liking a large senior squad.

He wanted a left back and striker in the summer so that is 2 extra players we know he wanted.
And we tried and failed to get a left back, s**t happens. We got Gnonto as striker..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Again if Marsch didn't like what he saw he should have turned the job down and waited for a team that had everything he wanted...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:43 pm He is on record for liking a large senior squad.

We sold 2 senior players and brought in a few. Plus the younger players are all a little bit older and more experienced so he has got Greenwood and SUmmerville that MB didn't feel were quite ready.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Manchester City Match Thread - Meslier, Rodrigo & Cooper Make Starting XI

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:02 am I predicted a draw, but that never look likely, as Citeh's quality was far too good for us to cope with in our error flawed game. Also pleased we got away with a two goal deficit, could have been more had they been more clinical. Naïveness from Leeds cost us a 0-0 scoreline at half-time, then the usual calamity giveaway goal sealed our fate.

I'll watch a re-run of the whole match later.
It wasn't naivety it was us going into our default JM flood forward tactic that we usually try from the first minute - the tactic that sometimes produces goals for us but more often leads to us being wide open.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Fans forget the youth get older, aside from the signings (6 for the first team IIRC) Struijk, Summerville, Gelhardt, Greenwood, Drameh, Hjelde have all gotten a year older, more experienced and added to the first team squad even if not needed yet. Drameh would start for a handful of Premiership clubs I suspect.