Leicester City 2-0 Leeds Utd - Post Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by Irish Ian »

I'd have Marcelo back in a heart beat.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:01 pm Yes, but not as a 20 year old....
Christ even American footballers don't play at 20 at the NFL level. For me 22-24 to break out for most youth, 18-21 if special and even then a lot burn out. Peak around 27.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:09 pm I'd have Marcelo back in a heart beat.
Would be interesting with a squad twice as good as the one he left AND we still have (I imagine) all the training facilities he requires...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:07 pm Bit of a Firpo pile on when truth be told errors in the middle of the park cost us the game. Easy target among the hostility.

Second half was try anything, I had no idea what the shape was or the plan.

Jesse has shot his bolt though. Nothing is working and that is usually a clue for a change.
I’d love to feel he’d been brilliant Ian but he was seriously poor.

Poor in possession, positionally poor in defence, lost sight of the ball on occasion when involved in play, sorry, he’s a dud for me.

Individual errors in the middle of the park stem from our insistence on playing out from the back without the skill or flair to do it successfully.

Every long ball defeats our game plan - you’re right about Jesse.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:47 pm Still got a decent home record Boo.
For now anyhow
For now that is true Jay. I think that’s about to become unhinged this weekend. No hiding place then..

Just a case of getting the next appointment right. I have a real concern about our capabilities on this front.
Last edited by Boo Radley on Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:10 pm We won the xG game.

Coopers chances best of the game.

Leicester 0.65-1.12 Leeds

May not mean much to fans but Orta will use this as a reason NOT to sack Marsch
I thought Kochs OG was the best chance. I mean he could hardly miss from there
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SG90 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:12 pm No the way our fans absolve him of any blame. Some of these signings were on his watch.
I didn't say that.

Only that someone mentioned embarrassing....but to whom? Like I say, fans singing Bielsa's name would only embarrass the board and Jesse.
Siqu
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Siqu »

Tired of hearing how we play well but 0 pts.
We shot bambi last season. So we Gotta give JM a chance,
If we are bottom by end of the year id be tempted to give dyche a call...
Our attack has been short for years now. I cant fathom our continual denial and refusal to bring in a danny ings or dias.
Its a 6 pointer this weekend coming up. If only wr had a mitrovic up front. He will be licking his lips after seeing this!
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

What a s**t show that was. Another terrible individual error giving a poor opponent the advantage again.

We have players that seem to have belief and confidence in themselves, like Meslier, Kristensen, Struijk, Roca, Sinisterra, Aaronson and Adams.

But the rest of them are just walking disasters who are letting our team down every single week. Llorente, Cooper, Firpo, Ayling, Harrison, Bamford, Rodrigo, Klich and Forshaw. They are all stunting the progression of this club with their lack of talent and self belief.

Koch has the makings of a good player but he's another who wilts under pressure.

The board needs absolutely roasted for failing to effectively refresh this squad. This is our third season in the EPL and we've still got the names above stinking out the joint. The board are the main reason we're in this mess.

Jesse isn't absolved from blame either. He doesn't seem to be able to instill any belief in these players. His tactics are all over the shop, He also seems scared to make selections and changes when things are going wrong.

So far we've avoided the Bielsa batterings, but believe me they're coming very soon. I said before Arsenal that he had five matches to save his job. On this showing we'll lose them all and Livarpool will ruin us.

Special mention to Aaronson for trying his guts out all night. What a player in terms of attitude and ability. But he's being let down by his coach and colleagues.

So Jesse will be booted very soon, especially when ER turns on this spineless board that lacks belief and commitment. They aren't up for a fight those three.

I've no Idea who we bring in as coach. Please no dinosaurs and certainly there is zero chance they will bring back Bielsa. I wouldn't want Bielsa gold plated and for free. Have a look back at our batterings last season and you'll see why.

But this team is on the same trajectory as we were last February. That match was a stroll for Leicester, the bottom club, which tells you exactly where we're heading.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:30 pmDoes any game?
It doesn't mate, I wouldn't fancy them against Forest or Bournemouth at the moment.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:22 pm I didn't say that.

Only that someone mentioned embarrassing....but to whom? Like I say, fans singing Bielsa's name would only embarrass the board and Jesse.
I said it was embarrassing, because every time we lose, they sing his name. They get their wish and we'll lose every game 4-0, as every player and manager will be expecting man to man.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:00 pm Sorry folks, that performance has knocked the stuffing out of me,

Nite all :sleep:
The morning after the night before Leon.

I was working a 12 hour OT shift yesterday and the one thing that kept me going, apart from the :$$: , was the knowledge that I'd be enjoying watching my beloved Leeds United beat Leicester away.

But then I sat down and watched another car crash mate. Wtf is going on with our club?

I want to sit down and watch our lads playing with confidence and belief, perform well and get results. We're a million miles away from that.

Jesse looks lost and forlorn and he'll be booted soon.

But what about this useless spineless trio of w**kers Radz, Kinnear and Orta? They'll be happy to hide behind the coach again and let him take the fall.

It's an absolute s**t show. Last night still feels like a bad dream. I'm still in shock.

Dunno where the club is going, apart from down, and this is the reality of not investing in the squad and taking a short term gain approach.

What happened to all Radz craic about expanding the stadium and we're aiming for Europe, etc?

Maybe in the Eurovision song contest, fookin comedian, but the jokes on us.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:26 am It doesn't mate, I wouldn't fancy them against Forest or Bournemouth at the moment.
Not really sure where we go from here pal? Pinning all the blame on Marsch absolves the 3 stooges of any blame once again, and of course the players. No manager will succeed with the lowest resources in the league, while the fans are demanding a top 6 finish. And before anyone says Bert, he had a net spend of £150m and still cocked it up.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:40 am The morning after the night before Leon.

I was working a 12 hour OT shift yesterday and the one thing that kept me going, apart from the :$$: , was the knowledge that I'd be enjoying watching my beloved Leeds United beat Leicester away.

But then I sat down and watched another car crash mate. Wtf is going on with our club?

I want to sit down and watch our lads playing with confidence and belief, perform well and get results. We're a million miles away from that.

But what about this useless spineless trio of w**kers Radz, Kinnear and Orta? They'll be happy to hide behind the coach again and let him take the fall.

It's an absolute s**t show. Last night still feels like a bad dream. I'm still in shock.

Dunno where the club is going, apart from down, and this is the reality of not investing in the squad and taking a short term gain approach.

What happened to all Radz craic about expanding the stadium and we're aiming for Europe, etc?

They'll go into hiding as they always do. :roll:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:39 am I said it was embarrassing, because every time we lose, they sing his name. They get their wish and we'll lose every game 4-0, as every player and manager will be expecting man to man.
4-0 SG?

You're being way too generous, remember last February, 20 goals conceded and 80+ for the season

He had his go, ciao Marcelo and we're about to say the same to Jesse. Imagine what Livarpool and Citeh are gonna do to us if Jesse is still in charge?

Could be a few records broken, cos he's just as naive and one dimensional as Bielsa.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:46 am 4-0 SG?

You're being way too generous, remember last February, 20 goals conceded and 80+ for the season

He had his go, ciao Marcelo and we're about to say the same to Jesse. Imagine what Livarpool and Citeh are gonna do to us if Jesse is still in charge?

Could be a few records broken, cos he's just as naive and one dimensional as Bielsa.
I was being generous tbh. Can't see every team scoring 7.

We don't have the players to play the Dyche/Allardyce way, but that's probably what we need to do. :(
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:44 am They'll go into hiding as they always do. :roll:
I want to see us win and succeed, but if we don't I'm gonna take pleasure in watching those three cnuts squirm.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:48 am I want to see us win and succeed, but if we don't I'm gonna take pleasure in watching those three cnuts squirm.
They've long outstayed their welcome. These last two seasons have been complete s**t thanks to them. :rant:

And don't give me "they're better than Bates" etc , a tramp on the streets would be better than Bates.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:48 am I was being generous tbh. Can't see every team scoring 7.

We don't have the players to play the Dyche/Allardyce way, but that's probably what we need to do. :(
I'm not advocating that, as I hate that style of anti football. But you've seen Everton bring in Coady and Tarkowski for Lampard to facilitate that type of shite and it's been effective.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:40 am The morning after the night before Leon.

Remember they said we would spend this season? -£10m net and we all know we'll do nothing in January as usual. They're just full of lies, like we own the stadium, I'll hire Conte etc. I'd have more respect for them if they were honest. Had enough of liars and shysters.

I also think the fans have a right to know why we have no money. Where is it going? Hopefully not on that shower of shite. :rant: