Leeds Utd 0-1 Arsenal Match Thread - Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Rodrigo starts up front as Sinisterra returns

Post by Carrick Dave »

SG90 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:38 pm Between 9 players. Rodrigo, Llorente, Firpo are on around £250k between them.
Riot only mentioned 7 players. Where do your figures come from? You never get too specific.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Rodrigo starts up front as Sinisterra returns

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:38 pm Between 9 players. Rodrigo, Llorente, Firpo are on around £250k between them.
Plus we lashed out about £60 million recruiting them. Being relatively new and not established at this level we're not in the position to make big mistakes in the transfer market, and then be saddled with expensive turkeys and their wages.

And again, whose gonna relieve us of their expensive, in many ways, presence?
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

White Riot wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:52 pm Me too :tup:

Remember when Alan Smith first came through? There was such abuzz and excitement.

Admittedly Bamford is rusty and needs game time, but is he just gonna break down again?
Rodrigo has cost us a number of matches when he's dallied on the ball, when there was an obvious pass to play, got robbed and then the opposition has pillaged is on the counter.

All the good work of Kristensen, Koch, Struijk, Adams and Roca for 90 minutes gets unravelled in seconds each week by players who should have been shipped out quite a while ago.

One step forward and two steps backwards. Our survival is based on others at our level making the same errors and us seizing on them, while they fail to capitalise on our errors.

Been saying it for ages that we need these dead ballers like Ayling, Llorente, Cooper, Firpo, Roberts, Klich, Forshaw and Rodrigo shipped out and better brought in.

Is it any wonder we struggle with that crew hanging around choking our progression?
Yep - it's tantamount to the club standing in a bucket trying to pull it up by its handle with that bunch of players.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:50 pm Riot only mentioned 7 players. Where do your figures come from? You never get too specific.
"Been saying it for ages that we need these dead ballers like Ayling, Llorente, Cooper, Firpo, Roberts, Klich, Forshaw and Rodrigo shipped out and better brought in."

8 players. Remember every player doubled their wages on promotion and we have no money to buy players. The wages aren't low, they're actually very high.

https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manage ... /671/leeds
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:51 pm Plus we lashed out about £60 million recruiting them. Being relatively new and not established at this level we're not in the position to make big mistakes in the transfer market, and then be saddled with expensive turkeys and their wages.

And again, whose gonna relieve us of their expensive, in many ways, presence?
Orta the genius did the same at Boro. What's that they say about leopards and spots? :duno:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:54 pm Yep - it's tantamount to the club standing in a bucket trying to pull it up by its handle with that bunch of players.
:lol:

Couldn't have put it better myself Chapel :tup:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

If that site is correct, it works out at £365k a week for those players, which is £18.98m a year.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

For what it's worth Rodrigo is our highest paid player (pretty sure PhilHay confirmed this) and a record signing and given his agent is Jorge Mendes it makes sense (he would give Orta and Kinnear the absolute runaround in a negotiation).

Radz would just be sat in the corner giggling like a teenage girl at the famous agent.

Rodders is on somewhere in the £100-125k Mark.
Apparently.

Bamford is meant to not be to far behind him (again makes sense as strikers are paid most and his agents are top level).

Firpo will be on big money,Barcelona pay players tons (hence there financial issues) And he definitely won't have taken a wage cut to join us,if anything a rise (probably somewhere between £50-70k)

Llorente as a Spanish international will probably on pushing £60-£70k

I'd imagine all the first team players will be onover £40k a week.

And people who we signed from Premier league contracts like Forshaw and Costa will definitely be on more than people expect(Harrison as well will probably be pushing £60k already).
Last edited by Cjay on Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:52 pm Because goals win games at the end of the day. Steve Morison was ridiculed for putting in a "shift".
Leave Rodrigo upfront after the break & you don't get that team performance in the 2nd half.
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

WTF put Tyler Roberts on £45k a week? They want shooting...
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:44 pm Bamford has played 107 minutes of football this season.

He made us tick down the middle today, can't believe he is receiving so much flak.
He looked lively but he should have got us one point with the penalty and possibly all 3 if he had taken one of his several chances .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:07 pm WTF put Tyler Roberts on £45k a week? They want shooting...
Radz, Kinnear & co.

They know the score :roll:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:00 pm Orta the genius did the same at Boro. What's that they say about leopards and spots? :duno:
Yeah :tup:

Remember early in the transfer window we were all excited as we saw Adams, Aaronson, Roca and Kristensen come in. And I was really hoping that this is it they learned the lesson.

But then Radz decided spending the money from KP n Raphinha was enough. So Radz said "Jesse lad, I know we promised you a left back and two strikers, but bad news is that you're getting fook all mate. Stick Struijk at left back and wait for broken Bamford to get fit. And while you're at it, in the next presser get out there and say you're happy with the squad. That's a good lad. I'm off to count my millions".

Shame for Jesse.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:06 pm For what it's worth Rodrigo is our highest paid player (pretty sure PhilHay confirmed this) and a record signing and given his agent is Jorge Mendes it makes sense (he would give Orta and Kinnear the absolute runaround in a negotiation).

Radz would just be sat in the corner giggling like a teenage girl at the famous agent.

Rodders is on somewhere in the £100-125k Mark.
Apparently.

Bamford is meant to not be to far behind him (again makes sense as strikers are paid most and his agents are top level).

Firpo will be on big money,Barcelona pay players tons (hence there financial issues) And he definitely won't have taken a wage cut to join us,if anything a rise (probably somewhere between £50-70k)

Llorente as a Spanish international will probably on pushing £60-£70k

I'd imagine all the first team players will be onover £40k a week.

And people who we signed from Premier league contracts like Forshaw and Costa will definitely be on more than people expect(Harrison as well will probably be pushing £60k already).
:tup:

As I said the wage bill is very high. James was reportedly on £90k a week as well. :shock:

Sini will be on a lot as well. He left Feyenoord for money rather than ambition or progression. We gave a Roca a "significant wage rise" too.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:11 pm Yeah :tup:

Remember early in the transfer window we were all excited as we saw Adams, Aaronson, Roca and Kristensen come in. And I was really hoping that this is it they learned the lesson.

But then Radz decided spending the money from KP n Raphinha was enough. So Radz said "Jesse lad, I know we promised you a left back and two strikers, but bad news is that you're getting fook all mate. Stick Struijk at left back and wait for broken Bamford to get fit. And while you're at it, in the next presser get out there and say you're happy with the squad. That's a good lad. I'm off to count my millions".

Shame for Jesse.
You're probably not far off the mark there, James.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:14 pm :tup:

As I said the wage bill is very high. James was reportedly on £90k a week as well. :shock:

Sini will be on a lot as well. He left Feyenoord for money rather than ambition or progression. We gave a Roca a "significant wage rise" too.
Yeah James had top agents (same as Bamford) Jonathan Barnett is Mendes level,he will have got James and Bamford huge contracts.

Not sure Sini will be near a top earner, won't have been on big money in Holland

Probably around £40-50k which is standard Premier league but top earner level in Holland.

Actually have an indication of Roca.

Sky Germany reported he was on £45k at Bayern and we paid him "a significant wage rise" so he is probably pushing the £60-70k mark as well.

Should be remembered though that because we have a smaller than usual first team squad our wage bill will still be oneof the lowest 4 or 5 I'm sure.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:14 pm While we still have Rodrigo to pay, we’re not signing a new high profile (expensive) striker.
I'd hope we could do something like Dan James with him. Sign a replacement then move him on
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:44 pm Bamford has played 107 minutes of football this season.

He made us tick down the middle today, can't believe he is receiving so much flak.
I keep supporting Bamford. I think the criticism is unfair and talk of not being able to play with fans in the stadium is BS. But not much you can say about the flack when he's missed a few decent chances and dragged a penalty wide.

I still believe he's the answer for us once he gets more minutes in him and puts the ball in the net. The flack won't stop until he starts scoring goals.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:49 pm I'd hope we could do something like Dan James with him. Sign a replacement then move him on
Are Barca still interested? Lol. Think the only way we'd get him off the wage bill is through a loan.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

White Riot wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:52 pm Me too :tup:

Remember when Alan Smith first came through? There was such abuzz and excitement.

Admittedly Bamford is rusty and needs game time, but is he just gonna break down again?
Rodrigo has cost us a number of matches when he's dallied on the ball, when there was an obvious pass to play, got robbed and then the opposition has pillaged is on the counter.

All the good work of Kristensen, Koch, Struijk, Adams and Roca for 90 minutes gets unravelled in seconds each week by players who should have been shipped out quite a while ago.

One step forward and two steps backwards. Our survival is based on others at our level making the same errors and us seizing on them, while they fail to capitalise on our errors.

Been saying it for ages that we need these dead ballers like Ayling, Llorente, Cooper, Firpo, Roberts, Klich, Forshaw and Rodrigo shipped out and better brought in.

Is it any wonder we struggle with that crew hanging around choking our progression?
Get the same buzz with Gelhardt as we did with Smith. I just want to see him get a proper run.

Agree with some of the dead ballers. Although we can't ship everyone out in one season. It would leave our squad seriously depleted and lacking in experience. But I do feel Rodrigo gets in the way of Joffy's development. Also Rodrigo is blocking us from buying another number 9. Would rather see Greenwood or Gyabi getting a look instead of Klich. Drameh for Ayling.