Leeds Utd 0-1 Arsenal Match Thread - Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd 0-1 Arsenal Match Thread - Post Match Debate

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:17 pm Klich was the regular pen taker was he not . I'd have been more confident. Goal he eased Gabriel out the way foul these days I'm afraid.
Klich didn't come on until twelve minutes after the penalty, unsure whether Paddy would have given the ball to Klich if he was on, I doubt it.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Rodrigo starts up front as Sinisterra returns

Post by SG90 »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:49 pm You know what I mean. An in form Bamford is what I’m saying
Who's our real goalscorer?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:33 pm Klich didn't come on until twelve minutes after the penalty, unsure whether Paddy would the ball to Klich if he was on, I doubt it.
Last penalty Bamford took was v QPR and he missed. At a time when there was immense pressure on him and he was desperate for a goal. He just isn't a pressure player. 100% he'd have missed v Brentford.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

SG90 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:35 pm Last penalty Bamford took was v QPR and he missed. At a time when there was immense pressure on him and he was desperate for a goal. He just isn't a pressure player. 100% he'd have missed v Brentford.
I don't think he was in a great frame of mind before taking the penalty. He didn't look confident at all, but he felt compelled to take it. If that was the case, at least get it on target no excuse for that.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Rodrigo starts up front as Sinisterra returns

Post by Jaydog »

SG90 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:33 pm Who's our real goalscorer?
At the moment. No one
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:44 am I enjoyed that game even though we lost to a sublime finish from Saka.

So many pluses to be absorbed from apart from our finishing.

Marsch's football worked a treat yesterday, he can't be blamed for the missed chances.

We look a force at ER.

What a difference Bamford & Sinisterra makes to our team.
I enjoyed the game too. even though we lost I'll probably give it a rerun tonight - over the Monday NFL
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:47 pm He scored after 30 seconds of coming on, but the referee called a foul on Saliba, I'm unconvinced with the decision from where I was standing. With no Rodrigo or Klich on the field Paddy was the natural choice, I did notice Paddy immediately grabbed the ball more or less saying no one is having this. Sinisterra is probably our most accurate shooter but I would imagine he is down the pecking order for taking penalties.
I didn't think that was a foul 64. It was just a forward and a defender having a jostle in the box like every other sequence of play. To call a foul on Bamford was harsh to say the least. Gabriel had his arms on PB first.
Last edited by BlackHillsPaul on Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:47 pm He scored after 30 seconds of coming on, but the referee called a foul on Saliba, I'm unconvinced with the decision from where I was standing. With no Rodrigo or Klich on the field Paddy was the natural choice, I did notice Paddy immediately grabbed the ball more or less saying no one is having this. Sinisterra is probably our most accurate shooter but I would imagine he is down the pecking order for taking penalties.
I think everyone forgot that one given everything that followed. Obviously he can put the ball in the back of the net despite being rusty and the pressure (?) of playing in front of crowds
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:17 pm Klich was the regular pen taker was he not . I'd have been more confident. Goal he eased Gabriel out the way foul these days I'm afraid.
No. Bamford took over penalty duties from Klich 2 years ago. After Klich missed one.
Last edited by andrewjohnsmith on Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

faaip wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:58 pm He's got a real goalscorer.. Anything else is grass is greener s**t
You're surely not referring to the player whose name you refused to type because you maintained that he was shitter than s**t!
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:33 pm Klich didn't come on until twelve minutes after the penalty, unsure whether Paddy would have given the ball to Klich if he was on, I doubt it.
When we got the second penalty, I was wondering if Klich would take it. You see it happen fairly often, maybe on the assumption the edge over the guy that missed the first one. According to the post match on TSB, they were saying Bamford grabbed the ball immediately. Nice confidence from the man.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

D678A966-DDF8-4584-B5B8-A7DB4175EC50.jpeg
Taken from the BBC coverage yesterday before “that” pass.
You have to laugh 😂
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:44 am Ahem..I beg to differ, Bert did perform miracles, we're still waiting on Jesse, who is expected to.
He must have run out of miracles last season 🤣
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:13 pm D678A966-DDF8-4584-B5B8-A7DB4175EC50.jpeg

Taken from the BBC coverage yesterday before “that” pass.
You have to laugh 😂
And then :? :shock: :o
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:23 pm No. Bamford took over penalty duties from Klich 2 years ago. After Klich missed one.
Think you'll find when one missed the other stepped in.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

When he missed v qpr his success rate was 67% apparently
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:19 pm I didn't think that was a foul 64. It was just a forward and a defender having a jostle in the box like every other sequence of play. To call a foul on Bamford was harsh to say the least. Gabriel had his arms on PB first.
That foul before the penalty could have gone either way. When I saw it, I immediately said no penalty because Bamford fouled first.

But when you watch again, Gabriel does body check and the push is a bit of nothing. It was 50/50 for me. Could have been either.

So there's a thought. On review it should only be overturned if it was a clear and obvious error. It was a subjective call to give the penalty. An error maybe. But clear and obvious?

We March on. We're Leeds. Not sure how long you've been a fan Paul. But we've had more than our share of bad decisions. It's what makes us so die dard.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:23 pm No. Bamford took over penalty duties from Klich 2 years ago. After Klich missed one.
Then Klich took over again after Bamford missed v QPR. Was that the season where everyone seemed to miss? Think Pablo missed one as well. Klich scored v Stoke in the 5-0.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:52 pm We lost to four of those clubs last season, in fact Palace was our only victory against that lot with a Raphinha penalty in the 90th minute at ER.
What has last season got to do with the price of eggs ?
I thought we were talking and commenting on how we're playing now ffs.

Doesn't bother me though coz Bert was superb at possession and creating chances and glorious football, edge of seat week in and week out.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

OK, the disallowed goal, a legal scuffle then a Paddy push off, was a foul, good call from the ref
the last minute contretemps was a legal block from the defender, we see it all the time when defenders ferry balls out for a goal kick
I also think they got the rescinded red right too,

The way I always look at these is if it was reversed would I be happy. I'd have been livid if that were Paddy on the ground getting sent off. I'd moan all week if an Arsenal player pushed off and scored and I'd have no problem with one of ours holding his ground to help out his keeper
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"