Wilfried Gnonto

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Wilfried Gnonto

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:12 pm The fact our goals are nicely spread for the most part amongst our main front 6 players is part of the reason why we are riding high. All are capable of scoring at any given time. It is a nice problem for Farke to have. All are fit despite Cry dropping off lately in terms of scoring. Having two on the bench at any given time is a great position to be in as we are now enter the business end of the title race and auto’s.
Form and luck comes and goes, lord only knows what controls it, that's why if i have 2 evenly matched players i'd play the one in form.

At one stage Jimmy couldn't do wrong for doing right and had the midas touch, he's now a bit dry, take that the other day v Weds when the keeper saved it, at the start of the season it finds the net no worries, it'll come back.
DJ just about edges it for me over Willy, but it's very close call, and differing attributes, i'm not reet arsed who starts and Willys bucked his petulance up a bit.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:21 pm Form and luck comes and goes, lord only knows what controls it, that's why if i have 2 evenly matched players i'd play the one in form.

At one stage Jimmy couldn't do wrong for doing right and had the midas touch, he's now a bit dry, take that the other day v Weds when the keeper saved it, at the start of the season it finds the net no worries, it'll come back.
DJ just about edges it for me over Willy, but it's very close call, and differing attributes, i'm not reet arsed who starts and Willys bucked his petulance up a bit.
That save from Their keeper for the Cry chance was top drawer anticipation. He had very little reaction time, even if it was a good height.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:57 pm That save from Their keeper for the Cry chance was top drawer anticipation. He had very little reaction time, even if it was a good height.
Well there you go, another keeper might not do that, or even think the same to come out to him, luck.

And if you have a rich run of it, with all the stars aligning you'll look like a world beater, but hasn't Jimmy been hitting posts, getting shots saved etc recently.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Ben Scooby lufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ben Scooby lufc »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:41 am Well there you go, another keeper might not do that, or even think the same to come out to him, luck.

And if you have a rich run of it, with all the stars aligning you'll look like a world beater, but hasn't Jimmy been hitting posts, getting shots saved etc recently.
They are both very strong players Tbh James has speed on his side and he's having a great season! Willy Gnonto has the overall strength and some of those strikes are unstoppable :fire: if he manages to get through on goal. :soccer: :soccer:
;-) Yeboah against Liverpool :!: :!: Crossbar and in. :love: :love:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Ben Scooby lufc wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:16 am They are both very strong players Tbh James has speed on his side and he's having a great season! Willy Gnonto has the overall strength and some of those strikes are unstoppable :fire: if he manages to get through on goal. :soccer: :soccer:
Yeah i'd go for DJ mainly coz of his speed and what that can offer us in terms of attacking and getting back, but i'd definitely want Willy on the end of that goal he took so well, i feel DF's worked wonders with both tbh, i feel he has excellent man management skills and most likely gets across what he wants from his players in a very calm, firm but fair way.

Both can also be quite explosive in one way or another, and i mean explosive in their football, with a lot of room for further improvement, gained from experience at the right hands.

;@)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:16 pm Yeah i'd go for DJ mainly coz of his speed and what that can offer us in terms of attacking and getting back, but i'd definitely want Willy on the end of that goal he took so well, i feel DF's worked wonders with both tbh, i feel he has excellent man management skills and most likely gets across what he wants from his players in a very calm, firm but fair way.

Both can also be quite explosive in one way or another, and i mean explosive in their football, with a lot of room for further improvement, gained from experience at the right hands.
Willy could explode in the right hands?

Is that what you are saying?
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:41 pm Willy could explode in the right hands?

Is that what you are saying?
Correctamundo! :wave: :tup: :tdown: :clap: :victory: :victory: :ok:

I think i shudda wrote 'in the right hand' :-D

;@)
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Source: https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1767220936598589923
In Farke we trust...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:37 pm

Source: https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1767220936598589923
Is there a reason they find the worst music possible for this type of thing? That was unlistenable
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

What was that 5 defence splitting pinpoint passes ? I must have missed the last one, that was a bit tasty too
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

For me he is undroppable. I know some prefer DJ but if this kid had been fit and in the right frame of mind all season he would probably be at the top of the league goal scoring table. Across all the metrics, age, technical ability, potential, physicality etc he is up there with Archie as our best player IMO. This lad has a massive career ahead of him, I hope he signs a new contract.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:42 am Is there a reason they find the worst music possible for this type of thing? That was unlistenable
I'm not sure what you're complaining about, Sub--Jay and Weasel seem to have no problem at all getting into the groove...

In Farke we trust...
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:11 am For me he is undroppable. I know some prefer DJ but if this kid had been fit and in the right frame of mind all season he would probably be at the top of the league goal scoring table. Across all the metrics, age, technical ability, potential, physicality etc he is up there with Archie as our best player IMO. This lad has a massive career ahead of him, I hope he signs a new contract.
I feel he's in the right hands with a guy like DF, he's already shown how to reel him in, have a word, and bring out the best in him.
I don't think he could've handled the situation any better, he slowly introduced him back into the fold in an away game iirc, and again iirc he had a decent game (might've scored :duno: )

Anyhoos, he's back in the fold now, and the best and only way to win fans over, is on the pitch, show them 100%, and you won't go far wrong.

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:27 am I'm not sure what you're complaining about, Sub--Jay and Weasel seem to have no problem at all getting into the groove...

lol
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Lovely finish on technically his weaker foot.

Turning up now when we need him and making the most of what can be limited touches as we focus more down the left.

6 goals and 1 assist in last 9
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:35 pm

Turning up now when we need him and making the most of what can be limited touches as we focus more down the left.

That goal was top drawer, to do that on his weaker foot is what sets him apart from our other attacking players. Get him signed up pronto. He may be waiting to see if we go first if the contract is on the table.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Am presuming with Dan James becoming a father again a couple of days ago it made the decision over which of them to pick easier. Great to see both of them scoring and givin Farke a nice headache. Love seeing shots hit that hard from that sort of distance, past the keeper before they can move,

Also how he hit the shot was in the opposite side of the net to where the keeper was likely expecting it. The easier finish was to curl it into the other side of the goal (like how Summerville does when cutting in from the left). He hits accross himself wrongfooting the keeper and leaving the keeper with no chance to recover due to the power of the shot.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:36 pm Am presuming with Dan James becoming a father again a couple of days ago it made the decision over which of them to pick easier. Great to see both of them scoring and givin Farke a nice headache. Love seeing shots hit that hard from that sort of distance, past the keeper before they can move,

Also how he hit the shot was in the opposite side of the net to where the keeper was likely expecting it. The easier finish was to curl it into the other side of the goal (like how Summerville does when cutting in from the left). He hits accross himself wrongfooting the keeper and leaving the keeper with no chance to recover due to the power of the shot.
Gnonto has to start for me atm ...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Outstanding finish.

The goal was at South Stand end, even so I still had a great view as I was in line with Willy's shot, which he arrowed into the corner of the net.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:35 pm

I think that's our goal of the season in the league (excluding Bamford's in the cup)