General Chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: General Chat

Post by The Subhuman »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:54 pm Nothing xenophobic about it, nor racist, nor insulting, if you want to stick for a trouble causer go ahead, no skin off mine, hurled insults, jesus, you 2 don't half cry wolf when it suits.
Is it because you have a love in on another forum as well !!
Sara is not a trouble maker... If you don't think moaning f**king minnie isn't an insult in the way you posted it you've no business being a mod ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm Well it appears nobody else (madron aside) deemed it unacceptable nor derogatory and thought left her moan on as usual.
Sometimes spats happen, they blow over, TTFN.
New avatar for you.

IMG_4074.jpeg
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:54 pm Nothing xenophobic about it, nor racist, nor insulting, if you want to stick for a trouble causer go ahead, no skin off mine, hurled insults, jesus, you 2 don't half cry wolf when it suits.
Is it because you have a love in on another forum as well !!
You're a pathetic individual. It was only a matter of time before making you a mod would cause issues. You don't have the maturity or the common sense.

Smudge mark 2.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

As a mature individual, I will refrain from getting into petty squabbles other than sying, you 2 wouldn't have a clue in the real world.
A moderator, just as any other poster is allowed to say as much or as little as he wants as long as they don't overstep any boundaries, and it seems I haven't, Ner.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:22 pm As a mature individual, I will refrain from getting into petty squabbles other than sying, you 2 wouldn't have a clue in the real world.
A moderator, just as any other poster is allowed to say as much or as little as he wants as long as they don't overstep any boundaries, and it seems I haven't, Ner.
Yeah, you have. The fact no one's got the balls to deal with it doesn't make you right.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:22 pm As a mature individual, I will refrain from getting into petty squabbles other than sying, you 2 wouldn't have a clue in the real world.
Of course you did ....

As for the facile you wouldn't have a clue in the real world...How the f**k would you know what I've been through !!!
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Sara wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:42 pm I object to you treating the whole forum as your own private club, including messing about with a thread I started which was working perfectly well as it was, and that is also my fault?
It's not about you or me.

I implement changes & do what I feel is best for the forum when required.
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Seems to me some folks can get ballistic over a colour change to a little bit of fabric,
and there are others who feels strongly about the addition of a couple of
words to the title of a topic.

In both cases the underlying feelings that have been generated is that things should be left
well alone and not interfered with.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Where did 64’s “ No stress forum, enjoy it while it lasts “ thread go ? Think I need another lie down.
Keeping The Faith
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

1964white wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:26 am Why do young people walk around the streets constantly reading their phones?
It's instructing them.......left, right , left , right
Inhale , exhale , inhale , exhale.
They would be completely band utterly lost without the bloody things , young cannot function without a phone their hands .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clacton White wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:43 am It's instructing them.......left, right , left , right
Inhale , exhale , inhale , exhale.
They would be completely band utterly lost without the bloody things , young cannot function without a phone their hands .
I wonder how many lamp posts or trees they walk into. :lol:

The other morning on one of our walks, I veered out of the pathway of an oncoming mobile user, then within minutes on my drive home I slowed down considerably as a teenager almost crossed a road without looking as he was so engrossed on his phone!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:24 am Where did 64’s “ No stress forum, enjoy it while it lasts “ thread go ? Think I need another lie down.
We all need a lay down.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:00 am I wonder how many lamp posts or trees they walk into. :lol:

The other morning on one of our walks, I veered out of the pathway of an oncoming mobile user, then within minutes on my drive home I slowed down considerably as a teenager almost crossed a road without looking as he was so engrossed on his phone!
Why did you slow down ?
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:26 am Why did you slow down ?
Because I would hate to knock someone over, I become upset if I run over a wild animal/bird.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:33 am Because I would hate to knock someone over, I become upset if I run over a wild animal/bird.
Don’t think Kev was serious 😁
I have to warn them when I’m running but they rarely look up so I end up in the road 🙄
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

they're not difficult to avoid unless you yourself are also not aware, so if you keep bumping into people looking at phones it's as much your fault as theirs ...
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:01 am they're not difficult to avoid unless you yourself are also not aware, so if you keep bumping into people looking at phones it's as much your fault as theirs ...

So if I walk down the street with my eyes shut it’s other peoples fault if I bump in to them.
I’ll try it on the weekend. It’s Easter so should be busy.

On a serious note I generally only want half the pavement or less to use but in this passive aggressive world we live in very few people seem to think that’s ok.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:32 am So if I walk down the street with my eyes shut it’s other peoples fault if I bump in to them.
I’ll try it on the weekend. It’s Easter so should be busy.

On a serious note I generally only want half the pavement or less to use but in this passive aggressive world we live in very few people seem to think that’s ok.
Could be.. I find it very easy to avoid the blind and I'd notice you had your eyes closed if you were running near me.

I'm always very conscious of what/who's around me and I can't recall bumping into anyone since I was in the playground... Figuratively yes, but never physically
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:40 am Could be.. I find it very easy to avoid the blind and I'd notice you had your eyes closed if you were running near me.

I'm always very conscious of what/who's around me and I can't recall bumping into anyone since I was in the playground... Figuratively yes, but never physically
This feels a familiar conversation between us.
We aren’t talking about the blind here are we as we are talking about phone users who don’t want to look up. What if they walk into a blind person. Who’s at fault?
I’m a very polite person and I’m quite happy to share the pavement with people. What I’m suggesting is a sort of pavement aggression where people clearly expect you to get the f**k out of the way.
Even my Mrs who is the barometer of sense to me has noticed it as an increasing problem that’s indicative of todays society.
It actually happened to her in the supermarket yesterday. She squeezed through a gap without making contact with a particular woman and she said out loud “people are so impatient these days”.
This women clearly wanted to dictate the pace of other shoppers. It’s a very aggressive world. Quietly aggressive.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:50 am This feels a familiar conversation between us.
We aren’t talking about the blind here are we as we are talking about phone users who don’t want to look up. What if they walk into a blind person. Who’s at fault?
I’m a very polite person and I’m quite happy to share the pavement with people. What I’m suggesting is a sort of pavement aggression where people clearly expect you to get the f**k out of the way.
Even my Mrs who is the barometer of sense to me has noticed it as an increasing problem that’s indicative of todays society.
It actually happened to her in the supermarket yesterday. She squeezed through a gap without making contact with a particular woman and she said out loud “people are so impatient these days”.
This women clearly wanted to dictate the pace of other shoppers. It’s a very aggressive world. Quietly aggressive.
I didn't apportion blame one way or another. I just said it's usually 50/50 and even if one person is distracted the other should be able to avoid collision. Being on a phone isn't the only way to be distracted and unaware...

Person on phone walking into a blind person is the phone persons fault of course ...

You're missus tale seems to back up my side. She got through without making contact which means she was aware of her surroundings...