Match tickets

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Match tickets

Post by CUSSIE01 »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:27 pm As long as your'e not sstuck behind that old commentary box.
If we get promoted, lets see if the owners back themselves and start updating the old shithole of a ground.
Wasn’t a lot of choice by the time I got through on the phone, I think we’re far enough to the left of the box but hey ho, it is what it is. Wanted over again before the end of the season and was going to try for Southampton tickets but they’ll be like hens teeth, now I’ve got tickets I’ll try again anyway.
Keeping The Faith
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:46 pm Wasn’t a lot of choice by the time I got through on the phone, I think we’re far enough to the left of the box but hey ho, it is what it is. Wanted over again before the end of the season and was going to try for Southampton tickets but they’ll be like hens teeth, now I’ve got tickets I’ll try again anyway.
Are you a member ?
If so, you can always apply, if not, there are always odd ones dotted around even on matchday.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:08 pm Are you a member ?
If so, you can always apply, if not, there are always odd ones dotted around even on matchday.
Yes I’m a member, it’s getting flight times to suit as well and hotels stick the arm in on matchdays as well. Could probably get a week in Spain for the cost of a match now. Flying over at 06.50am on the Monday so an early start. Looked at flying into Manchester & taking the train up as we’ve done that a few times but with the cost of train tickets it didn’t work out much cheaper this time.
Keeping The Faith
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:42 pm 1 night Leon, first flight on the Monday morning then home on Tuesday afternoon. I’ve said it before but having to wait until the lovely people at Sky decide if they’re televising the match then trying to get tickets means the flights and hotels double their prices. The Mrs said she would get it for my birthday so helps a bit.
Prices at their highest during bank holiday weekends.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:14 pm Yes I’m a member, it’s getting flight times to suit as well and hotels stick the arm in on matchdays as well. Could probably get a week in Spain for the cost of a match now. Flying over at 06.50am on the Monday so an early start. Looked at flying into Manchester & taking the train up as we’ve done that a few times but with the cost of train tickets it didn’t work out much cheaper this time.
Yea it's a bollock for the travelling fans, it's not often I go to away games anymore, the kick off times spoil it for us on the mainland, as it is, even the home games, for you fans that come from abroad it's a continuing nightmare, often made worse when you've already booked flights, ferries ect.
There ought to be a way to get compensated for such things.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:16 pm Prices at their highest during bank holiday weekends.
Staying at the Clayton which was surprisingly reasonable for a match day. Wander round the shops in the morning, few beers and something to eat before the game, watch Leeds stuff Hull, a few on the way back then fly back on Tuesday. Love it
Keeping The Faith
Johnthewhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnthewhite »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:45 pm Staying at the Clayton which was surprisingly reasonable for a match day. Wander round the shops in the morning, few beers and something to eat before the game, watch Leeds stuff Hull, a few on the way back then fly back on Tuesday. Love it
Sounds like heaven, apart from the shopping part :lol: :lol:
Supersaint3
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Supersaint3 »

Hello folks - this isn't, I hope, a resurrection of a zombie thread - it is the most recent ticket thread I've found.

Don't be put off by my moniker "Supersaint3", that relates to St Patrick's Athletic FC in Dublin whose season ticket I do hold and where I watched a dull 1-1 draw play out last Friday evening with my son - I've been using that name on forums for 20 years now - I only realised when I logged in how misleading it might look!

Shameful of me to lurk for years and use my first post as a cry for help - I'm a lifelong Leeds fan (and once season ticket holder albeit 20 years gone now) and have travelled over from Dublin many, many times but having young kids I haven't managed to get over in about 5 years...

I'm travelling over on Fri 3 May for the Southampton game, only I've been let down badly by a person who promised me a ticket which will now not materialise.

If anyone fancies selling me a ticket (one) for a reasonably inflated price of your nomination, I will happily sit with you and buy you pints for the afternoon - or just bare me in your thoughts if you hear of a spare ticket going. I will go up to the ground on the morning and canvass anyway, hoping for luck.

Suffice to say I've been meaning to join the conversation here for a long time.... Kenny to save you the trouble I think King B had lost the situation and we would have certainly been relegated had he stayed - perhaps that would have been better in the long run - I think others have said it better today in another thread (weasel I think?) , but Farke deserves immense credit for the run he has put together post the first 6 weeks of the season amidst all the uncertainty and sinking ship jumpers, and whatever happens over the next two games he has given us belief and hope again (up until the international break I was feverishly enjoying this season and actually entertaining thoughts we might be better off in the Champo...... Last year was just no fun.).

Thanks a mil folks

Keith
Leeds and St. Patricks Athletic FC!
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Welcome to the forum Keith
Please post more, nice of you to prempt what you know was going to come :) :tup:
Tickets for the last game are already like gold dust, Ihaven't got one either :evil:

Yet
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Welcome Keith, not sure I’m falling for the old Supersaint explanation, I think you’re Southampton infiltrator looking to take advantage of Leeds fans generosity 🤣🤣🤣 Seriously though have a look at the ‘ Season Ticket ‘ thread on page 2 to see what we went through trying to get a ticket for the game, good luck in your hunt though & post more 👏🏻👏🏻
Keeping The Faith
Supersaint3
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Supersaint3 »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:13 pm Welcome to the forum Keith
Please post more, nice of you to prempt what you know was going to come :) :tup:
Tickets for the last game are already like gold dust, Ihaven't got one either :evil:

Yet
Thanks a mil for the welcome Mental :ok:

Yes I've seen a few being offered on third party sites for crazy money... I hope that for anyone who pays that money that we're still in the auto shout on the day and it's not a dead rubber... I contacted one place here and they had one... For 800 quid!

It's so weird actually I feel like a bit of a peeping tom because I've been reading the forum for many, many years and I feel like I know a lot of the characters :roflmao: :geek:
Supersaint3
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Supersaint3 »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:52 pm Welcome Keith, not sure I’m falling for the old Supersaint explanation, I think you’re Southampton infiltrator looking to take advantage of Leeds fans generosity 🤣🤣🤣 Seriously though have a look at the ‘ Season Ticket ‘ thread on page 2 to see what we went through trying to get a ticket for the game, good luck in your hunt though & post more 👏🏻👏🏻
Thanks Cussie I don't blame you - it makes me sound fairly guilty alright :roflmao: if you're explaining you're losing as they say :)
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Supersaint3 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:56 pm Thanks Cussie I don't blame you - it makes me sound fairly guilty alright :roflmao: if you're explaining you're losing as they say :)
Of course I’m pulling your chain Keith, I dread to think how difficult it will be to get tickets for the Premiership next season if we get there though.
Keeping The Faith