Darko Gyabi

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Darko Gyabi

Post by Kennyb41 »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:37 pm I rate him, I think Bielsa did too, ditto Cresswell . The management changes haven't been kind to them. It happens, I'm ok with a loan and hope he settles.
On what basis, all his 'first team games' or all the 21's you've been to ?

Ahh, thank God it's just a thought.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jimstorrie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Darko Gyabi- Joins Plymouth on loan

Post by Jimstorrie »

New Plymouth manager, Ian Foster, has previously been coach to various levels of the England youth set up, so has probably worked with Gyabi there.
Wes Lee Street
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Wes Lee Street »

Just enough in the extended highlights (Plymouth v Huddersfield) to see that Darko is looking a bit more like a promising young talent. Good. We have to discover what we have here. His performance in our very first friendly, this season, was shocking. He could hardly find a pass.

And the only way to find out what we have - if he can re-discover his England form and confidence - is with a loan move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQrJE8nza3I
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

No idea what you've seen in that above Wes, i only saw a tired not match fit player with very little movement, and his bad attempt to shield the ball then feigning injury that leads to the Hudds goal.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
marie67
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by marie67 »

Not seen the highlights but on sky they made a point of mentioning that he had done really well in the the play that lead up to the Plymouth goal.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

marie67 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:16 pm Not seen the highlights but on sky they made a point of mentioning that he had done really well in the the play that lead up to the Plymouth goal.
Yeah i heard that on Sky so went looking above, i don't see any part he played in the goal.

I think they were mistaking the black guy No.2 who crosses the ball.

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Watching those highlights, I see Plymouth's prolific striker Marcus Whittaker scored his 14th goal of the season.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:34 pm Watching those highlights, I see Plymouth's prolific striker Marcus Whittaker scored his 14th goal of the season.
Morgan Whittaker 64
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:55 pm Morgan Whittaker 64
That's him, Chilli.

Looks a real talent to me.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Great to see him loaned out finally, rather than wasting away in the u21s. I was expecting League One at best, so a Championship move is great for him and hope he does well.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Good test for him, hope he gets plenty of games. If he does it might tell us a lot more about his potential, at this level.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

GreennWhite wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:28 am Good test for him, hope he gets plenty of games. If he does it might tell us a lot more about his potential, at this level.
Indeed Greenn, a big test for Darko.

His loan period should determine if he's reached championship level come the end of the season, being at a club such as Plymouth, Gyabi won't be under the same pressure as he would be at one of the bigger clubs in this league.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

How much did we pay for him again? £5 million, was it?
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sara wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:36 pm How much did we pay for him again? £5 million, was it?
Yes, that was the quoted figure.

Whether there was some jiggery pokery with the figures (as this transfer was part of the Phillips deal) I’m not sure.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Barlow Boy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:14 pm Yes, that was the quoted figure.

Whether there was some jiggery pokery with the figures (as this transfer was part of the Phillips deal) I’m not sure.
As with salaries there's a lot of mis-information regarding transfer fees... I do think that, like the States, it should be made much more public
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:21 pm As with salaries there's a lot of mis-information regarding transfer fees... I do think that, like the States, it should be made much more public
Absolutely it should, and clubs really shouldn’t have a problem with it either.

The fans contribute towards those transfer fees by way of tickets, merchandise etc. Only right they should know the transfer fee involved.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Barlow Boy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:14 pm Yes, that was the quoted figure.

A) If we say KP went for £50m on a 5 year contract then City's outlay for him on FFP is £10m per year.
They then sell Darko to us for £5m and that covers half of KP's FFP for the year so just a £5m defecit this year

B) If City buy KP for £46m on a 5 year deal and the outlay is £9.2m per year.
They then sell Darko to us for £1m and that covers just less than 1/9th of KP's FFP for the year so a defecit of £8.2m

So by doing it in scenario A the financial outlay for City is the same but they have wriggled out of £3.2m in their attempts to comply with FFP
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

After watching those highlights (?) I'll stick my neck out as per and risk being shot down...

Unless Plymouth are struggling with injuries and squad numbers he won't last in the team, i'll give him 5 games max until he's dropped.

I'll have to try and find how many they currently have available.

I hope he proves me wrong and i wish him the best of luck.

;@)
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Gyabi has had groin surgery, ruling him out for the remainder of the season.
Johnthewhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnthewhite »

Barlow Boy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:08 pm Gyabi has had groin surgery, ruling him out for the remainder of the season.
That's a real shame as he was getting good game time down there.