Golf Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Golf Thread

Post by 1964white »

Jon Rahm hits amazing water shot at Masters practice

Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Re: Sports Newsflash

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Good one that , masters on Thursday, we get to see if Dechambeau can demolish Augusta with his big hitting.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:26 pm Only just made the cut by the skin of his teeth.
Johnson ripping it up at present, Dechambeau has been all over the show
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:53 pm Johnson ripping it up at present, Dechambeau has been all over the show
Let's hope it doesn't just become a power game MJ - for me it should be more the craft and finesse of those approach shots that dictate the winners :tup:
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

I agree they need to alter the ball technology for that though.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Sports Newsflash - India v England

Post by Smudge3920 »

Worst over ever, in cricket history
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Where have all our golf fans gone?

Screenshot 2021-04-09 17.11.34.png

Screenshot 2021-04-09 17.08.33.png
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Hideki Matsuyama held off the field to win the Masters by one stroke at Augusta National and become the first Japanese man to claim a major title.

Masters final leaderboard

-10 H Matsuyama (Jpn); -9 W Zalatoris (US); -7 J Spieth (US), X Schauffele (US); -6 J Rahm (Spa), M Leishman (Aus); -5 J Rose (Eng); -4 P Reed (US), C Conners (Can)

Screenshot 2021-04-12 07.45.31.png
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Today's Games

Post by John in Louisiana »

Congratulations on Englishman Matthew Fitzpatrick winning the US Open.

He played brilliantly and is a most gracious champion.
1964white

Golf Thread

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2022-06-20 07.08.57.png

England's Matt Fitzpatrick was swamped by his family after superbly holding off the world's best players to claim his first major title with a one-shot victory in the US Open at Brookline.

The 27-year-old was also hugged by Rory McIlroy on the 18th green as he became just the third Englishman in 52 years to win the sport's second oldest major.

US Open Championship final leaderboard
-6 M Fitzpatrick (Eng); -5 W Zalatoris (US), S Scheffler (US); -3 H Matsuyama (Jpn); -2 C Morikawa (US). R McIlroy (NI)

Selected others: +1 J Rahm (Spa); +2 X Schauffele (US); +4 D Johnson (US); +7 J Thomas (US), J Rose (Eng), J Spieth (US); +12 B Koepka (US); +13 B DeChambeau (US)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:09 am Screenshot 2022-06-20 07.08.57.png

England's Matt Fitzpatrick was swamped by his family after superbly holding off the world's best players to claim his first major title with a one-shot victory in the US Open at Brookline.

The 27-year-old was also hugged by Rory McIlroy on the 18th green as he became just the third Englishman in 52 years to win the sport's second oldest major.

US Open Championship final leaderboard
-6 M Fitzpatrick (Eng); -5 W Zalatoris (US), S Scheffler (US); -3 H Matsuyama (Jpn); -2 C Morikawa (US). R McIlroy (NI)

Selected others: +1 J Rahm (Spa); +2 X Schauffele (US); +4 D Johnson (US); +7 J Thomas (US), J Rose (Eng), J Spieth (US); +12 B Koepka (US); +13 B DeChambeau (US)
Thought you weren’t a golf fan Leon. Just kidding ;-)
The bunker shot on 18 was one of the greatest shots under pressure I’ve ever seen.
An awesome performance from Fitzy. Congrats :clap:
And great for Billy Foster as it’s his first major on the bag. A real character who’s caddied for some of the greats.
Ipswich won’t fade. As predicted.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:01 am Thought you weren’t a golf fan Leon. Just kidding ;-)
The bunker shot on 18 was one of the greatest shots under pressure I’ve ever seen.
An awesome performance from Fitzy. Congrats :clap:
And great for Billy Foster as it’s his first major on the bag. A real character who’s caddied for some of the greats.
I'm not Jay, although I take an interest, particularly the major tournaments.

We should have a deddicated golf topic on the forum, rather than comments scattered around on varying threads.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:12 am I'm not Jay, although I take an interest, particularly the major tournaments.

We should have a deddicated golf topic on the forum, rather than comments scattered around on varying threads.
That would be good Leon. Especially with The Open coming up in just over 3 weeks.
I know Chilli is a golfer/fan
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I play golf badly and too irregularly to be able to improve (and only in the Summer - the definitive fair weather golfer). But I really enjoy it when I do play, just one half decent shot per round keeps you coming back for more.

He’s been around the top of the tree for a while now and has finally won one of the big ones. Congratulations to Matthew, well done and well deserved.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:34 am That would be good Leon. Especially with The Open coming up in just over 3 weeks.
I know Chilli is a golfer/fan
Yes, Chilli & Byebye love their golf.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:19 am Yes, Chilli & Byebye love their golf.
I do indeed.
I was down in London yesterday accompanying my daughter who was at a Harry Styles concert so I sat in a Starbucks watching it on my phone.
Well done Matt, incredible bunker shot on 18. So pleased for Billy Foster too (big Leeds fan), often wears a Leeds baseball cap. His first major success in nearly 40 years of caddying.

Jaydog - Forest Pines was amazing. We will definitely be going back there.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/61861107

Luck huh, who needs it, hit n hope, it's either with ya or without ya. Nearly backed him anorl at 35/1, unlucky bstard i am.

Good old Englishman again going with FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE !!
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:52 pm I do indeed.
I was down in London yesterday accompanying my daughter who was at a Harry Styles concert so I sat in a Starbucks watching it on my phone.
Well done Matt, incredible bunker shot on 18. So pleased for Billy Foster too (big Leeds fan), often wears a Leeds baseball cap. His first major success in nearly 40 years of caddying.

Jaydog - Forest Pines was amazing. We will definitely be going back there.
Yes Chilli, I was wondering how your trip went. So you recommend a trip to the Pines then?
That was unreal what Fitz did, shaping a bunker shot with a shortish iron to basically win the US Open. Amazing. So difficult to do. What an elite club to be in too. Only 3 people have won a US amateur and a US open. Jack, Fitz & I think Juli Inkster. A nice lad too and you have to love Billy, a real character. His impression of Seve is hilarious
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:54 pm https://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/61861107

Luck huh, who needs it, hit n hope, it's either with ya or without ya. Nearly backed him anorl at 35/1, unlucky bstard i am.

Good old Englishman again going with FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE !!
Hit & hope my arse. That’s years of practice and a steely nerve. One of the hardest shots in golf. Absolutely world class. I feel a little sorry for Zalatoris, now that guy needs some luck.
35/1 was he. Well he was in great form and loved the track so how we weren’t all on I’ll never know :duno: