Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by Cjay »

Not followed it tbh.

She accused him of domestic abuse..

He sued NGN (the publishers of The Sun newspaper) for calling him a "wife beater". He lost with the court finding that 12 of the violence allegations against him were "substantially true".

He then sued Amber Heard for Defamation.

And he has just won that and been awarded £15mil in compensation from his ex wife.

With the jury finding that both of them were liars but Amber Heard more so presumably.

I've just read this . . . Anyone know more detail?

Is he abusive? Is she a liar?

Is it both? Is she abusive?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Changnoy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by Changnoy »

I too didnt follow it tbh..due to believing the initual stories of his abuse.
But I tuned in to the saga last week vIa the YT court feeds.. and found those initial stories to be bs with the blatantly biased UK court
Scenario..dubious at least.
Glad to see he won to a certain degree....but it should of been for 100% of the suit and sent her in to oblivion.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:05 pm He then sued Amber Heard for Defamation.
In the US.

The cases involved 2 different publications in 2 different countries.

Didn't really follow either tbh. They both seem like pretty vile people. I'd be be surprised he's as abusive as she claimed, conversely I'd be surprised if he never abused her, and vice versa.
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

MODS..

Now here's a post that wants deleting if ever a post needed deleting.😒

To be fair..who gives a flying f**k?
Certainly not on a Leeds United forum.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Depp 3-0 (Depp x3) :)
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Seeing her on the stand her acting was really bad!
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
hector

Post by hector »

she is a firkin nutter..........
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

She knows he likes his drink n drugs and saw an opportunity for gold.

Looks like it backfired, why set a camera up to film everything when he's on a rant, just take yourself out and away from the situation and let him rant, it doesn't do the women that are badly abused, beaten and genuinely scared for their lives any good these women that do this.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:53 pm She knows he likes his drink n drugs and saw an opportunity for gold.
But she had settled the divorce figure, so it wasn't about money and she couldn't look for more.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Agree with Mountain that they both seem like pretty vile people.

Don't think Johnny Depp is this Southern Gent that he portrays.

I also don't think Amber Heard is innocent either and is likely fame hungry and manipulative.

I think he has probably been violent at points when drunk and drugged up the I think so has she.

Neither are innocent I'd imagine.
Signed

King Cjay

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Mountain wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:00 pm But she had settled the divorce figure, so it wasn't about money and she couldn't look for more.
I shouldn't really be commenting coz i don't know owt, i'm just going off the bits i saw on tinternet and telebox, he came across as a loonball but not someone that would twat someone, and she came across as one of those women that'll push ya buttons for gain and a wind up merchant a bit fame hungry.

I watch stuff like that for entertainment value more than wanting anyone to win, only in America type of thingymebob.

Colleen or Vardy ? (only in America huh) For some unknown reason i want Colleen to win, mainly coz i think that Vardy comes across as an Amber Heard type and suppose that means a liar....Drama Queen might be a better term, make a mountain out of a molehill.

I don't really give a s**t, but do usually pick a side.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Mountain wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:00 pm But she had settled the divorce figure, so it wasn't about money and she couldn't look for more.
It was about money in the sense that her way of staying in the public eye was predominantly by mentioning Johnny Depp and making more accusations. She had signed a pre-nup so would have only got what had been agreed (for the 15 months of marriage) if she hadn't basically started accusing him of stuff which is the main reason he agreed a settlement figure to simply avoid it getting messy and being splashed over the tablids. She had said she donated the £7m settlement figure to charity but hadn't.

Anyway with her likely to not get cast in the next Aquaman film (as there was no on screen chemistry between her and Aquaman) her way of raising her profile seemed to be to say more and more about Depp and make more allegations as to him physically abusing her. This led to Depp filing the lawsuit against her to basically prove it wasn't true. It led to exposing his whole relationship with Depp to the world including the fact Amber had hit him several times (although in her words she hit him not punched him so that was okay).

I followed the whole trial and she was just a complete liar. If someone had said the paint was white she would have said it wasn't. She came accross as a nasty piece of work, having hit her previous girlfriend (she is bisexual), and regularly hitting Depp. Lots of audio of her actually saying about hitting him, stuff flike during arguments with Depp trying to walk away from the argument and her not letting him (hardly the actions of a woman who supposedly feared him). Nothing at all to suggest he ever hit her, although I'm sure he must have been tempted.

As such though with it boiled down in the main to whether an article she wrote was untrue and damaging to Depp. The jury agreed with him on all 3 counts of that. Heard had countersued alleging that some twitter tweets from Depp's lawyer (not his lawyer at the case but a lwayer he used in business dealings etc) had led to her losing work. The jury found Depp guilty, by association, on 1 count but that was that when Heard had called the police to their house (and the police had gone away and reported no signs of disturbance, no signs of any physical violence etc) and the suggestion by Depp's lawyer in his tweet was that HEard had then messed the house up and then recalled the police. As this was fairly much impossible to prove the jury found in Amber's favour on that count.

The Jury awarded Depp £10m and £5m punitive damages. They also awarded Heard £2m and £0 punitive. As such it was a huge win for Depp as the decision basically meant the jury believed he wasn't physically abusive to her. Also more importantly for Depp was that the public opinion was almost unanimously in his favour which was probably the most important thing for him.

In my opinion Heard has done a lot of damage for real victims of domestic abuse by all these false claims.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:57 pm Colleen or Vardy ? (only in America huh) For some unknown reason i want Colleen to win, mainly coz i think that Vardy comes across as an Amber Heard type and suppose that means a liar....Drama Queen might be a better term, make a mountain out of a molehill.

I don't really give a s**t, but do usually pick a side.
Oh Colleen. I think everyone is for Colleen!

I suspect she is as tough as they come but far far better at playing the media, turning up in ordinary clothes clutching rosary beads is just great PR. She is a very old hand at this stuff. Vardy may be in the 2k power suits with the hair dragged back but they make her look cold. Her rep is ruined even if she wins the case, the little bit I know involves her selling other stories, losing phones etc.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

weasel wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:06 pm Nothing at all to suggest he ever hit her, although I'm sure he must have been tempted.
But it's been decided on this side of the Atlantic. In his defamation case in the UK, the Courts concluded that he assaulted her on 12 or 14 different occasions and the term wife beater was appropriate. He sought leave to appeal, the Appeal Court found no reason to allow an Appeal. The decision in the US does not erase that. As the countries have different legal systems and were examining different publications in different jurisdictions at different times, both decisions just...exist. The British one does not go away.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jeez you do read my mind sometimes you weasel, I wonder if i'm losing the plot atm and early onset of something? (yes you can all throw that back at me in the future, it won't hurt my little feelings )

'She came across as a nasty piece of work'........now that's exactly the term i was looking for when writing - but for the life of me it wouldn't come to me - and the more i thought what it was the more it went away.

' stuff flike during arguments with Depp trying to walk away from the argument and her not letting him (hardly the actions of a woman who supposedly feared him). Nothing at all to suggest he ever hit her, although I'm sure he must have been tempted.'

That also ^

'In my opinion Heard has done a lot of damage for real victims of domestic abuse by all these false claims.'

And that ^

I think i'd better get tert quacks.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Mountain wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:15 pm But it's been decided on this side of the Atlantic. In his defamation case in the UK, the Courts concluded that he assaulted her on 12 or 14 different occasions and the term wife beater was appropriate. He sought leave to appeal, the Appeal Court found no reason to allow an Appeal. The decision in the US does not erase that. As the countries have different legal systems and were examining different publications in different jurisdictions at different times, both decisions just...exist. The British one does not go away.
Are you sure you're right there ?

I thought i read something like - ' Mr Depp could've hit Heard 12 times, but the fact is - we just don't know'

;@)
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:26 pm Are you sure you're right there ?

I thought i read something like - ' Mr Depp could've hit Heard 12 times, but the fact is - we just don't know'
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... d-assaults
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Mountain wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:15 pm But it's been decided on this side of the Atlantic. In his defamation case in the UK, the Courts concluded that he assaulted her on 12 or 14 different occasions and the term wife beater was appropriate. He sought leave to appeal, the Appeal Court found no reason to allow an Appeal. The decision in the US does not erase that. As the countries have different legal systems and were examining different publications in different jurisdictions at different times, both decisions just...exist. The British one does not go away.
Basically the uk court ruled that the sun's article was fine as it basically relied on what Heard had said and as such it was up to Depp to prove he hadn't and it is hard to prove that you haven't done something when you can't really call someone to say they saw you every second of every day and never saw you hit someone.

I've probably seen around 90% of this case, all the witnesses, experts, audio tapes, video tapes etc. It was just lie after lie after lie with Heard.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I'll tell ya what does make me laugh though - Who are these fcking lunatic fans that stand outside the courts waiting for the verdict dressed as Pirates or in the case of Michael Jackson - Michael Jackson, do they not have jobs or owt better to do ? :lol:

Some of em travel hundreds and hundreds of miles for such :roflmao: ...Wait fert news ya dumb fcks, he doesn't fcking know ya !

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

So are you saying Depp is totally innocent Weasel?

I don't believe he is squeaky clean.

May be wrong.

I don't doubt she isn't nice but is he an innocent victim?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/w ... li=AAnZ9Ug

This article seems to suggest a large part of the win was down to his deeper pockets and better lawyers and a campaign of PR and whatnot.

Hope that isn't the case.
Signed

King Cjay