Crysencio Summerville- EFL Championship Player Of The Year

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Crysencio Summerville

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Cjay wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:08 pm Still concerned about Jimmy.

He hasn't been at his best for a while and today again seemed off it.

No hammering him or anything.

But would be tempted to give him a rest and get James in?

Quiet tonight, intersestingly I thought he came into it more after Gray switched to left back
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:10 pm Quiet tonight, interestingly I thought he came into it more after Gray switched to left back
Agreed, seem to struggle with the pitch early and again Leicester bullied him a lot,
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:08 pm Still concerned about Jimmy.

He hasn't been at his best for a while and today again seemed off it.

No hammering him or anything.

But would be tempted to give him a rest and get James in?
Yeah might be a chance to give Gnonto a game on the left with James on the right and give Summerville a breather. Will be interesting to see who starts v Chelesa.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:10 pm Quiet tonight, intersestingly I thought he came into it more after Gray switched to left back
I don't think he's been himself for a while, just happens to be super talented and have moments of class.

But overall he's struggled for a bit.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Needs binned.

Fecking waster
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:18 pm Yeah might be a chance to give Gnonto a game on the left with James on the right and give Summerville a breather. Will be interesting to see who starts v Chelesa.
Other way for me :)

But I'd be very tempted to do it and see if that lights a fire under Jimmy.

Not in a you are dropped bad way.

Just a I understand you have given a lot have a break and let your teammates take responsibility
Signed

King Cjay

marie67
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by marie67 »

Hard to criticise with the number of goals he's scored but he always tries to come in on his right foot and shoot to the goalkeepers left hand corner. I think people are getting wise to it. A few times tonight there was more room to move the ball on his left foot and either beat his man or get a shot off.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Reason for him being quite was we went down the right side because of the frailties of firpo, hence why he switched with Gnonto for a while, also why we put Archie to LB, firpo is the weakest link not summerville.
Good job we have a manager that knows the score, firpo won't be here next season.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:37 pm Other way for me :)

But I'd be very tempted to do it and see if that lights a fire under Jimmy.

Not in a you are dropped bad way.

Just a I understand you have given a lot have a break and let your teammates take responsibility
Wonder if Farke will do the usual and play James and Anthony in the cup
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

marie67 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:55 pm Hard to criticise with the number of goals he's scored but he always tries to come in on his right foot and shoot to the goalkeepers left hand corner. I think people are getting wise to it. A few times tonight there was more room to move the ball on his left foot and either beat his man or get a shot off.
I think thats the thing. Defenders got wise to it. Although it will probably still work against weaker opposition.

Like a few of our talented players - young - need to work on experience and expanding their game. Should be drawing in 3 defenders then getting it to Firpo for the cross.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:41 pm Wonder if Farke will do the usual and play James and Anthony in the cup
Would hope so
Signed

King Cjay

andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Cjay wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:00 pmWould hope so
You'd say odds on to rotate the 2 wingers. Can't see much more though: Roberts, Piroe, and maybe Cooper
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Cooper could do a decent job on the wing, just like that.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I felt sorry for Cree, he couldn't get into the game.

8 decent actions, with the majority of those coming in the final quarter when Rutter was able to strut his stuff & feed two of three excellent passes to him, with three attempts on goal blocked in a crowded box.

6 poor moments, including a woeful shot over the bar.

We can forgive Summerville as he has credit in the bank after having a brilliant season.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:13 pm I felt sorry for Cree, he couldn't get into the game.

8 decent actions, with the majority of those coming in the final quarter when Rutter was able to strut his stuff & feed two of three excellent passes to him, with three attempts on goal blocked in a crowded box.

6 poor moments, including a woeful shot over the bar.

We can forgive Summerville as he has credit in the bank after having a brilliant season.
Likewise. A few have been saying he's been off recently. I think it's more that he's been identified as our danger man and hasn't been allowed much space. He still puts in a great shift at both ends. And he's still been making key contributions even when muzzled.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:33 pm Likewise. A few have been saying he's been off recently. I think it's more that he's been identified as our danger man and hasn't been allowed much space. He still puts in a great shift at both ends. And he's still been making key contributions even when muzzled.
An important piece of our jigsaw, Andrew.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:13 pm An important piece of our jigsaw, Andrew.
Correct. And if he's being double teamed, he's still effective because that opens up space for the other 3 attacking players.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

It was noticeable at the end of the pitch side video he didn't look like he was enjoying the moment. At the end of the game when Roberts and Ampadu were with him he looked a bit pissed off and they seemed to be trying to cheer him up. I guess he is just annoyed at things not going for him at the moment after having a very good run of form.
Lets hope he gets back on form as we get closer and closer to the end of the season, his ability and goals could be just what we need to get us over the line. He is still working hard for the team so that's a great benefit.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

He starts if he is fit for me. Giving him a suggested rest for a high profile cup game is going to be a tough ask and there would be no way of sugar coating it.
Coming in to shoot into the right corner is exactly what Saka does for Arsenal from the right side into the left corner.
This is what creates space for Firpo on the overlap. Ironically against lLester he did try for the opposite side of the goal and ballooned it.

Best to let him play through a slight drop in form IMO.

It will be a tough game this one. Chelsea will be up for this after today.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

He needs resting.

He isn't fit, it's common knowledge and is clearly off it.

Teams just double up on him and kick the crap outta him now.

How much more of that treatment can he take before he is actually properly injured.
Signed

King Cjay